Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The other half went into our Gamestop today asking about when they will be opening the doors tonight and was told it is a good thing she has it paid off and was coming in at midnight as they are suffering from shortages and if everyone came to get their game at midnight they would not have enough copies of the 360 version to go around, so if you have a 360 try and get it tonight for fear of disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

balss, didnt pre order it either, went to 2 game stops and 3 xtra visions over the weekend. Going to have to risk HMV/Tesco Dundrum tonight. If not the Xtra Vision in Sandyford is not doing am idnight opening and is open at 8 in the morning!! fingers crosseD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Have mine waiting for me in my Parcel Motel collection point - got the text this morning!! Stuck in work till 16:30 though...gonna be a long day!

Same here. Arrived at 6am this morning. Will collect it after work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

srumball wrote: »
    balss, didnt pre order it either, went to 2 game stops and 3 xtra visions over the weekend. Going to have to risk HMV/Tesco Dundrum tonight. If not the Xtra Vision in Sandyford is not doing am idnight opening and is open at 8 in the morning!! fingers crosseD!!!

Look at my add on adverts, I am selling my pre order . Guarantees you a copy tonight and all I am looking for is the asking price I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

is smyths in blanch doing a midnight release?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

What are chances of picking one up in a 24 hour tesco at 5am tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

EI2011 wrote: »
    is smyths in blanch doing a midnight release?

Yes.

TheTechGuy wrote: »

Somebody posted a rep saying they would be available after midnight tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Fair play to you little pea.
    I placed an offer but have to pull out as can't make town tonight.

Good luck with the sale!

Check back here at 2 am, if the store you want to buy it from is sold out it will have been posted here by then as people will be out trying to buy it,if that makes any sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

Yes.

1 more thing anybody pre book with smyths no deposit was taking and they said they would send a text confirming it still no text as of yet

Xenji wrote: »
    Somebody posted a rep saying they would be available after midnight tonight.

Yeah I saw that, just wondering if from past experience do people think there'll be any left at 5?
    Up early in the morning so going down at 12 isn't really an option for me.

Yeah I saw that, just wondering if from past experience do people think there'll be any left at 5?
    Up early in the morning so going down at 12 isn't really an option for me.

You getting the 360 or the PS3 version?

Xenji wrote: »
    You getting the 360 or the PS3 version?

Ps3

Ps3

You should be fine then, the 360 version is the one that has shortages.

EI2011 wrote: »
    1 more thing anybody pre book with smyths no deposit was taking and they said they would send a text confirming it still no text as of yet

Hopefully they will hold it to close of business tomorrow which is the usual deal, but as this is GTA V best to call them to confirm as no store anywhere be that Amazon, Gamestop, Smyths etc will have enough in stock to meet demand. Panic stations at the ready;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Had this great plan to go tomorrow, but since there's a shortage of 360, will be going to the midnight release.
    It's probably been asked to death, but at what time should i be there for? May walk down and pay off the game so i can get express checkout too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

A-Trak wrote: »
    Fair play to you little pea.
    I placed an offer but have to pull out as can't make town tonight.

Good luck with the sale!

Cheers thanks for letting me know. Surely someone here is missing a pre order for GTAV for the xbox360 and wants to get one :-)

Had this great plan to go tomorrow, but since there's a shortage of 360, will be going to the midnight release.
    It's probably been asked to death, but at what time should i be there for? May walk down and pay off the game so i can get express checkout too.

If your going to Gamestop and have it payed off, some stores will stamp your receipt and you can go in the express queue, so probably just a half an hour beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭aben3313

hi asked in Tesco clarehall this morning the girl behind the counter said they are opening tonight for the midnight release and it will be between 40 to 45 euro

• Advertisement

Sitting in work and every ad break on the radio is for Tesco selling the game, the next few hours will be painful, well at least till I get to the local, seeing that its on the same street as Gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I will head to Tesco in Rathfarnham so!

Ah ****e its not 24 hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Tesco is 55, know the person in charge of promotions and its 55. Cheaper than the rest (only slightly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

anyway to find out which tesco stores are opening? It said on radio to check in-store, thats no help!

Havent received any text from Smyths either nor has my GS order status changed!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tesco in Lucan is 24/7 wonder if they have any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

joe316 wrote: »
    Tesco is 55, know the person in charge of promotions and its 55. Cheaper than the rest (only slightly).

Wow, so according to today's exchange it should be 47, I can see them putting the 3 quid on it - but 8 quid?

Shylock bastids.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Any tesco's in Limerick open 24 hrs, I havn't pre ordered anywhere. Looked on tesco website and it seems they all closed by midnight, this surely isn't right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just spoke to Gamestop in Crescent SC. If you have already paid for the game and have the receipt for this, you will still need to go to the counter before midnight to redeem the receipt. If you go in after midnight, you will need to go through the payment queue first and then in to the checkout queue afterwards. Looks like I'm making 2 trips down there tonight so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just spoke to Gamestop in Crescent SC. If you have already paid for the game and have the receipt for this, you will still need to go to the counter before midnight to redeem the receipt. If you go in after midnight, you will need to go through the payment queue first and then in to the checkout queue afterwards. Looks like I'm making 2 trips down there tonight so :D

I heard that too in my local GS Seemingly it was left to individual stores if they wanted to use stamp and redeem before tonight, it was explained of me that once they redeem your preorder and stamp your receipt, your preorder disappears from the system as its effectively sold. Therefore the only reference left is your receipt. Which they said guaranteed someone would lose it if they stamped receipts days before hand.

• Advertisement

Tesco in Roselawn (Blanch) have a sign in the door saying you get it from midnight tonight there.

Advertisement