Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Are you still guaranteed a copy (PS3) if you've pre-ordered but don't collect until tomorrow evening? Bit of a man flu atm and the prospect of queuing up before midnight seems kinda daunting right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Does anyone know if Tesco in Rathfarnham will he selling it tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Are you still guaranteed a copy (PS3) if you've pre-ordered but don't collect until tomorrow evening? Bit of a man flu atm and the prospect of queuing up before midnight seems kinda daunting right now.

If it is in Gamestop they will hold it for 48 Hours, unless they sellout of pre-orders before then as you have no list.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ULMarc

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just spoke to Gamestop in Crescent SC. If you have already paid for the game and have the receipt for this, you will still need to go to the counter before midnight to redeem the receipt. If you go in after midnight, you will need to go through the payment queue first and then in to the checkout queue afterwards. Looks like I'm making 2 trips down there tonight so :D

So, you redeem an alternative receipt of some kind?

Can anyone recommend a reasonable time to go down? I was going to arrive down about 20 mins before. I just have a fully paid receipt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

ULMarc wrote: »
    So, you redeem an alternative receipt of some kind?

Can anyone recommend a reasonable time to go down? I was going to arrive down about 20 mins before. I just have a fully paid receipt.

I'm thinking of getting there at 10 to sort the receipt out, then back again at around 12:10 when the queue should be moving nicely along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommyboy87

Anyone know if Tesco on the Headford Road in Galway is opened tonight or if it will be selling the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Anyone from Cork know anything about Tesco Douglas regarding a midnight release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Surely there is someone looking for a pre order ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

ah i ordered mine on gamesnash i dont think il get it till tomorrow :( i could have just gone to clare hall tonight dam it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

would gamestop have all your pre order payments details on their system? I've paid the game off in full over on two separate occasions but I can only find one receipt. The reciept I have is only for €30, would I need both reciepts or could they pull up my order through my mobile number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

tafkapts wrote: »
    would gamestop have all your pre order payments details on their system? I've paid the game off in full over on two separate occasions but I can only find one receipt. The reciept I have is only for €30, would I need both reciepts or could they pull up my order through my mobile number?

they usually put your name down on the system, just ring them and ask im fairly sure it would be there.

tafkapts wrote: »

Happened to a mate of mine before, bring ID with you to confirm your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Hears6

Any idea what time GS in Galway opens tomorrow morning?, kinda hoping its abit earlier than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

:cool: Amazon just dispatched my copy, lets hope Parcel Motel get it to me tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭cena

Xtra vision has it out for sale in roscommon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Anyone get their copy from gamesnash yet? I have a missed delivery docket for a parcel. Wonder if they shipped them on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

cena wrote: »

PICS or GTFO :eek:

Just called Tesco

the only store opening for launch in Limerick is Coonagh

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

feylya wrote: »
    Anyone get their copy from gamesnash yet? I have a missed delivery docket for a parcel. Wonder if they shipped them on Friday.

I ordered from Gamesnash and my copy is sitting in Parcel Motel's depot since Saturday evening. Thought they might ship it wesht this morning but no movement yet. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Id nearly jump in the car for a roadtrip!

Nearly, poor car has NCT at 2:30.... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

feylya wrote: »

I presumed gamesnash would be sending them out in jiffybags that would fit through a letterbox.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know of any gamestops in town that are taking xbox preorders still? Just realised i have two of the games on the trade in list so I can get it on the cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭cena

Mc Love wrote: »
    PICS or GTFO :eek:

Just called Tesco

the only store opening for launch in Limerick is Coonagh

No pics. Plenty of covers on a stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

<snip>

Mod: No advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Yea it's been like that in most xtravision shops for days. They aren't actually selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JohnJ94

My gamesnash order is still down as packing and I paid for the express delivery and everything. Here's hoping I get it tomorrow, if not I'll be super disappointed in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Yea it's been like that in most xtravision shops for days. They aren't actually selling them

was tempted to drive by xtra vision and see if there are any on sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

JohnJ94 wrote: »
    My gamesnash order is still down as packing and I paid for the express delivery and everything. Here's hoping I get it tomorrow, if not I'll be super disappointed in them.
    No order says packed ;)

All say packing - packing for the moment means there is an envelope in one of many many boxes (which as a boards priority pick means you're in a shiny box at the front) which has your packing slip in it, your address on it, it is stamped, express post labelled, tracking number assigned and it is sitting there waiting, begging and pleading for a GTAV game to be dropped into it, sealed and thrown into a bag, collected by whichever company your order is shipping with at which point your order will go to dispatched.

In short - there is no need to worry and I'm losing my mind with the stress of it all :D

Seriously, stop worrying. The panicking/worrying is getting out of hand now :p

T.I.P - Trust in Pat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dunno whether to get this on either Xbox or PS3? Any reports on which version runs best?

Heres my dilemma - I have an old "phat" 40GB PS3 (with 120GB upgrade) and a 250GB slim Xbox - I had kind of planned trading the 360 towards a PS4 sooner rather than later as it would be worth more, whereas the PS3 is getting old and crashing a bit but I had planned on at least keeping it until November, I have 2 Xboxes in the house anyway so I can still buy for either!

Im assuming with the more RAM the Xbox version might be the way to go and most of my friends are on XBL, but GTA aint really something I put much effort into online so it wouldnt bother me not playing with my mates as I primarily play SP....

Maybe when the embargo is up at 3PM it might help make the decision....

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any gamestops in town that are taking xbox preorders still? Just realised i have two of the games on the trade in list so I can get it on the cheap.

They are sold out of 360 pre-orders, they actually do not have enough stock to cover all 360 pre-orders in some stores.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    They are sold out of 360 pre-orders, they actually do not have enough stock to cover all 360 pre-orders in some stores.

Thanks for the heads up, I will hold on until the second wave arrives. What a cock up.

Advertisement