Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Little Pea wrote: »
    They have said they wont give me the cash back !! Pain in the hole.

I got a cash refund for a cancelled pre-order yesterday in Dundalk. I know for a fact that it's policy to offer a refund on pre-orders, so whoever you dealt with is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Gamesnash just put up a picture on Facebook of them packing up the first batch to go out for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

My pre- order was paid using store credit lads :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

With Amazon already having delivered copies out why are the shops waiting until 12.

Do the shops not feel they are being taking for a big ride here. They do all the groundwork (posters in the stores, dealing with prelaunch queries etc) when it's clear that the best way to get the game early is through Amazon.

Coupled with them being cheaper, I know which one I will be using from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ah, that makes sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Would you not take store credit and sell the gift card

I thought surely someone would buy the pre order off me ?? Its looking like no one at the moment :-) so I reckon i will buy the game then sell it tomorrow for the price i paid.. PAIN IN THE ARSE !!!! :-D

Come on guys I have a pre order for GTA V for XBOX to be collected at midnight tonight :-) GOING for Face value !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I thought surely someone would buy the pre order off me ?? Its looking like no one at the moment :-) so I reckon i will buy the game then sell it tomorrow for the price i paid.. PAIN IN THE ARSE !!!! :-D

Come on guys I have a pre order for GTA V for XBOX to be collected at midnight tonight :-) GOING for Face value !!!

Which store?

Which store?

St stephens green.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Just in hmv here dundrum lads.theyve stopped preorders to be fair on those who have.guy reckons its v unlikely they'll sell out given the number they ordered. Esp not tonight anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Cullen82 wrote: »
    Just in hmv here dundrum lads.theyve stopped preorders to be fair on those who have.guy reckons its v unlikely they'll sell out given the number they ordered. Esp not tonight anyway

So they will have copies tonight who did not pre order?? Do you know are they taking trade ins tonight?? thanks

srumball wrote: »
    So they will have copies tonight who did not pre order?? Do you know are they taking trade ins tonight?? thanks

No when they open back up tonight it is just for people for people pay for the game and for people collecting the game

Hopefully someone takes it off my hands I really dont want to give Gamestop another penny.

What did they do to you?

I agree with you, but for different reasons, I'm sure. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

kev8t6 wrote: »
    I pre-ordered from Xtra-vision and I'm gonna go collect it midnight release. I'm just wondering if you ring up earlier on and ask can you collect earlier then midnight would they allow that or are they very strict on the time?

Considering they'll be kicking everyone out at 11.45 (people have 30 mins to trade in, etc...) and not opening back up till midnight I doubt it.
    cena wrote: »
    No pics. Plenty of covers on a stand.

Dummy cases, everywhere uses them.
    Leroy42 wrote: »
    With Amazon already having delivered copies out why are the shops waiting until 12.

Do the shops not feel they are being taking for a big ride here. They do all the groundwork (posters in the stores, dealing with prelaunch queries etc) when it's clear that the best way to get the game early is through Amazon.

Coupled with them being cheaper, I know which one I will be using from now on.

Amazon can afford the fine, other places may not.

No when they open back up tonight it is just for people for people pay for the game and for people collecting the game

Just the handling regarding the pricing of this release. They are a greedy company.

Just the handling regarding the pricing of this release. They are a greedy company.

i think you wanted this
    What did they do to you?

I agree with you, but for different reasons, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Amazon can afford the fine, other places may not.

Yeah, I get that, but surely that gives us all a reason to buy from Amazon from now on.

Amazon are cheaper (in most cases) and will deliver to my door (well Parcel motel anyway) while for the shops I have to que up at 12, get things stamped, que again etc etc. And I end up paying more for it.

(I didn't preorder from Amazon so this isn't a I told you so point) but it really knocks the whole event out of the launch if Rockstar allow Amazon to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

So I can purchase it if I do not have a pre order??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Yeah, I get that, but surely that gives us all a reason to buy from Amazon from now on.

Amazon are cheaper (in most cases) and will deliver to my door (well Parcel motel anyway) while for the shops I have to que up at 12, get things stamped, que again etc etc. And I end up paying more for it.

(I didn't preorder from Amazon so this isn't a I told you so point) but it really knocks the whole event out of the launch if Rockstar allow Amazon to get away with it.

Fair point, personally I'm only getting it in a bricks and mortar shop because I don't have to queue up! :cool:

srumball wrote: »
    So I can purchase it if I do not have a pre order??

Supposedly henry street has 1200 pre order`s now if its like all across the country who knows.Your best bet would going to shops people would`nt think about like Harvey Norman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Does anyone know how much the game will be in Tesco? I'm going to go to Tesco Dundrum at midnight to get the game, I've heard 55, is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

With the exception of online sites like Amazon, does anyone know the cheapest store to purchase GTA V tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Tesco I imagine will be the cheapest. Anyone know if Argos will have this available? They're usually cheap enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FireTrance

Tesco are posting on facebook that they are keeping there price a secret until midnight tonight. I would not be surprised if they are the cheapest especially since they are cheapest in UK atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Any chance of getting this game anywhere tonight if i haven't pre-ordered?

Fonze07 wrote: »
    Do you have an Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Fonze07 wrote: »

Wondering same, although hoping to more get it tomorrow than go out at midnight tonight. Xbox here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Do you have an Xbox

PS3

chris85 wrote: »
    Wondering same, although hoping to more get it tomorrow than go out at midnight tonight. Xbox here.

supposedly there is a shortage for Xbox users because of defects

• Advertisement

chris85 wrote: »

I have a pre order for sale. You can have it means your GUARANTEED the game tonight ! Selling for face value.

Advertisement