Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Delighted I pre ordered from amazon. My copy is sitting in a parcel motel locker
    ready to be collected as we speak ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

just found a old Pre-Order receipt with 10 quid on it for GTA 5 it was worn out to fudge but got away with it, i was dreading the thought's of queuing all night with no pre-order and being told they only had enough copy's for people who had a pre-order down, now i get to moonwalk past the muppet's who didn't pre-order it with a smile on my face making eye contact at all time's with my stamped receipt singing (today was a good day) hahaha can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Was in Tesco just there, your man said he put it on the system as a test and it was 55, but that could change at Midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 TsarBomba

Still haven't received any text from Smyths...anyone get it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,708 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Going to head up to my local tesco at around 11, they close at 12 so they might have them out on the shelves for sale.

If not, I'm not sure if it's worth my time queuing outside xtravision for a copy for Xbox, they stopped taking preorders for it about a week ago.

Just not sure if I'll get a copy anywhere, might try every single store in town the next morning then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

If i have misplaced the reecipt that my pre order was on will gamestop have it on their system??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

adamtj09 wrote: »
    If i have misplaced the reecipt that my pre order was on will gamestop have it on their system??

Yeah they should have your name and phone number on the system, if you want give them a ring and explain it to them and give them your phone number and name also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deadpacman

Anyone know any places in Limerick selling it at midnight tonight? My brother went to a CoD midnight launch last year at Gamestop in Cruiser's Street, I'm wondering if they're doing anything like that tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

4415c95b7196069830dc49556ff721ca.png
    For those who can't make the midnight launch and want to pick their copy up before work/college etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

deadpacman wrote: »
    Anyone know any places in Limerick selling it at midnight tonight? My brother went to a CoD midnight launch last year at Gamestop in Cruiser's Street, I'm wondering if they're doing anything like that tonight?

Smyths Childers road - (I pre-ordered) not sure if will sell without pre-order

Tesco Coonagh Cross - open at midnight

HMV Crescent Shopping Centre

Xtra-vision Parkway Shopping Centre

Gamestop Crescent Shopping Centre

• Advertisement

Still no word from Smyths on the text front

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Little Pea wrote: »
    I have a pre order for sale. You can have it means your GUARANTEED the game tonight ! Selling for face value.

For where? I'll buy it off you if it's in my location!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deadpacman

Mc Love wrote: »
    Smyths Childers road - (I pre-ordered) not sure if will sell without pre-order

HMV Crescent Shopping Centre

Xtra-vision Parkway Shopping Centre

Gamestop Crescent Shopping Centre

Never even thought of Tesco. I wonder if they will have enough stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Loughc wrote: »
    For where? I'll buy it off you if it's in my location!

St stephens green.

deadpacman wrote: »
    Never even thought of Tesco. I wonder if they will have enough stock.

First come first served is all I have been told by a number of retailers that werent taking pre-orders

Called Smyths (real hard to find a number for them) and said I would need to contact the store I pre-ordered with. Called them twice and they arent answering the phone!?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anyone know of any place selling GTA at midnight to non-pre order peeps, I understand GS have sold out of all of their day one copies to pre-orders already.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,215 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Still no word from Smyths on the text front

I just got my text from smyths

Says can collect tonight from midnight tonight to close of business tomorrow up here in the Derry Store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Loughc wrote: »
    Anyone know of any place selling GTA at midnight to non-pre order peeps, I understand GS have sold out of all of their day one copies to pre-orders already.

Try xtravision or 24 hour Tesco

I just got my text from smyths

Says can collect tonight from midnight tonight to close of business tomorrow up here in the Derry Store

Maybe they are sending the now, have yet to get mine

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Do gamestop ring you and tell when that your pre order is ready

• Advertisement

DID will be selling it from tomorrow according to their FB page, if anyone can't get it tonight at midnight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

4415c95b7196069830dc49556ff721ca.png
    For those who can't make the midnight launch and want to pick their copy up before work/college etc.

So what time do they close after midnight, an hour? 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Going to be €54.99 in tesco or €49.99 if you spend €20 in store. From tesco in Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭David64

Going to be €54.99 in tesco or €49.99 if you spend €20 in store. From tesco in Dundrum.

€20 could go on drinks and other essentials to last through the night playing it, I guess :D

David64 wrote: »
    €20 could go on drinks and other essentials to last through the night playing it, I guess :D

Can't buy drink after 10 though :( just stock up on snacks or do your weekly shop :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Can't buy drink after 10 though :( just stock up on snacks or do your weekly shop :P

I am sure they will sell you some Club Orange :P

Strituck wrote: »
    I am sure they will sell you some Club Orange :P

But what's the point if it's not laced with alcohol? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

slade_x wrote: »
    So what time do they close after midnight, an hour? 2?

I was tempted to give you a smart-ass answer along the lines of how the hell would I know I don't work there but since the answer was incredibly easy to find here you go with not a hint of malice!

44c303b6ec27a8aa38266356ac3d6163.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Was that confirmed somewhere? They usually close at 12, don't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

I pre-ordered in Gamestop using the "trade 2 games & pay €9.99 for a new release" deal a little while back. I haven't paid the €9.99 yet. Is there any chance I'll be able to get it at midnight tonight? It's on Xbox too btw.

Advertisement