Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

recruited the brother to queue up at HMV and i'm queuing at Tesco in Dundrum. Bound to get our hands on 1 copy between us!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

v3ttel wrote: »
    Was that confirmed somewhere? They usually close at 12, don't they?

I called Dooradoyle and they told me that Coonagh is opened. Called Smyths there and actually got through, they told me texts were sent this morning and that she would check and call back.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭David64

For anyone going to Clarehall, Gamestop say they're opening at 8 or so for people to pay remaining balance on the game and/or buy insurance.

Also, people aren't allowed to queue outside until after 10.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

I was tempted to give you a smart-ass answer along the lines of how the hell would I know I don't work there but since the answer was incredibly easy to find here you go with not a hint of malice!

44c303b6ec27a8aa38266356ac3d6163.png

Thanks, it wasnt directed at you personally just a general question for anyone to answer, specifically if there were any staff browsing here;)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

David64 wrote: »
    For anyone going to Clarehall, Gamestop say they're opening at 8 or so for people to pay remaining balance on the game and/or buy insurance.

Also, people aren't allowed to queue outside until after 10.

Any idea if they have have any non pre order games available for sale tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mc Love wrote: »
    I called Dooradoyle and they told me that Coonagh is opened. Called Smyths there and actually got through, they told me texts were sent this morning and that she would check and call back.

Cheers man. I'll head to Coonagh so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone know golden discs pricing? got a voucher to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anyone know golden discs pricing? got a voucher to use

Golden discs don't sell games.

Was just in gamestop to get my midnight stamp. Queue of people paying off the game.
    Also heard the guy mention he had about 15 xbox versions left for pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I pre-ordered in Gamestop using the "trade 2 games & pay €9.99 for a new release" deal a little while back. I haven't paid the €9.99 yet. Is there any chance I'll be able to get it at midnight tonight? It's on Xbox too btw.

No reason you shouldn't.
    For example, the way the Waterford GameStop are doing it is, they're opening up at nine to give people a chance to pay off whatever is left and get their receipts stamped. Also people who have already paid it off can go in and get their receipt stamped as well.

Later when they reopen at midnight, from what I understand, there will be two queues, one for people with stamped receipts (they will just be handed the game), and one for people who need to pay off the rest of their balance.

You should ring your GameStop to see what way they will be doing it, they all seem to be doing different things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone else waiting on a text from Smyths? (Carrickmines)

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

Here - they (childers road) took my number and said they would call back - they close in 15 minutes though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

AdamD wrote: »

What does the text get you?

quarryman wrote: »
    What does the text get you?

A copy of the game!

Smyths just called back and said the texts are sent from Head Office and that I should receive it after 6pm, even if it doesnt, and you gave your number you should be able to get the game.

They told me they have plenty of stock available though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

anyone with a pre-order in Smyths receive a text yet?
    A copy of the game!

Smyths just called back and said the texts are sent from Head Office and that I should receive it after 6pm, even if it doesnt, and you gave your number you should be able to get the game.

Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

So for people who have not pre-ordered where do you think we can get our hands on a copy tomorrow, if at all?

privilegue wrote: »
    So for people who have not pre-ordered where do you think we can get our hands on a copy tomorrow, if at all?

Smyths!?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

A copy of the game!

I haven't pre ordered should I be able to pick up a copy there?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

privilegue wrote: »

I'm pretty sure HMV will have some. City centre will have more but Dundrum have 400 copies, compared to a couple of the xtra vision branches who have around 100.

I'd say Dundrum will have lots till the afternoon tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'd go in if I thought I had a chance of getting the game, what are my chances?

Amazon haven't even dispatched mine yet :(

My local Tesco is 24/7 though, but they usually don't get deliveries until Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dermo1390

If I queue tonite for gta5 and have not pre ordered will I still be fit to get the game??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

There will be hundreds of copies everywhere except the usual rip-off merchants like Gamestop, Gamesnash, Xtravision/HMV. Smyths, Tescos, Harvey Normans and pretty much every single shop that sells digital media will have it. All this drivel about needing pre-orders and waiting in queues and then waiting in another queue at midnight is just manufactured hype to create more sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

My local tesco isn't 24 hour but it is stating open until 1am tonight to sell the game

francozola wrote: »
    I haven't pre ordered should I be able to pick up a copy there?

That I dont know, its worth trying - be there early and you might. Its opening at 00:01

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

That I dont know, its worth trying - be there early and you might. Its opening at 00:01

Would Coonagh be a safer option?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JamesLenihan

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but Argos are selling the game tomorrow. Went in earlier and they confirmed it will be in stock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

so iv pre-ordered gta in gamestop in naas.never bothered going to a midnight launch before but am off for a few days so figure ill go tonight.whats the deal?Will it be mental or what?will i be alright rocking up at 12 with my receipt or will i be in huge queues or whats the deal?

francozola wrote: »
    Would Coonagh be a safer option?

I honestly cant really say mate, only that they didnt take any pre-orders. Neither have HMV in the crescent so that might be worth a shot too

dbagman wrote: »
    so iv pre-ordered gta in gamestop in naas.never bothered going to a midnight launch before but am off for a few days so figure ill go tonight.whats the deal?Will it be mental or what?will i be alright rocking up at 12 with my receipt or will i be in huge queues or whats the deal?

Like others have said for GS - you will need to go to the store at 9/10pm to get the game fully paid off/receipt redeemed and then go back join the queue and get your game at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Where can I get the game at midnight in Galway with no pre-order?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Like others have said for GS - you will need to go to the store at 9/10pm to get the game fully paid off/receipt redeemed and then go back join the queue and get your game at midnight

i paid it in full last week,sorry wasnt arsed reading back through 70 odd pages to find the answer.

Anyone know if Naas will be busy?And can i just rock up at midnight given iv paid in full?I live about 20 minutes drive away from the town so going in at 10 and home and back in again is a bit of a trek

Advertisement