Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can someone give a summary of places opening at midnight along with prices? Don't have a preorder.

Tesco €54.99 or €49.99 when you spend €20 in store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Mc Love wrote: »
    Like others have said for GS - you will need to go to the store at 9/10pm to get the game fully paid off/receipt redeemed and then go back join the queue and get your game at midnight

What do you do if you're doing the trade 2 games in thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There will be hundreds of copies everywhere except the usual rip-off merchants like Gamestop, Gamesnash, Xtravision/HMV. Smyths, Tescos, Harvey Normans and pretty much every single shop that sells digital media will have it. All this drivel about needing pre-orders and waiting in queues and then waiting in another queue at midnight is just manufactured hype to create more sales.

Not this horseshit again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

krudler wrote: »

he has a point though if the price quoted above of €55 in tesco is true.Gamestop charged me €65 for the standard edition,and that was over the counter so no delivery charges involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭cena

Gamestop are asking people to be there around ten on there facebook page. I won't be able to make it till after 11. I have it paid un full

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

cena wrote: »
    Gamestop are asking people to be there around ten on there facebook page. I won't be able to make it till after 11. I have it paid un full

You still need to get your receipt stamped, otherwise you'll have to queue twice after midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

krudler wrote: »

Yeah i thought he was banned?!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah i thought he was banned?!:confused:

He's only bitter because he has a PC and can't play it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FireTrance

Gamestop seemed to have dropped their price down to 60 from 65 for the standard edition.

LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LukeAJN

Anyone know if you can trade in games against gta without a preorder at smyths tonight? Or will they be to busy? I remember being able to do it in game back in the day when CoD came out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭francozola

I honestly cant really say mate, only that they didnt take any pre-orders. Neither have HMV in the crescent so that might be worth a shot too

Thanks mate. The Cresent Tesco is not opening so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭cena

DarkJager wrote: »
    You still need to get your receipt stamped, otherwise you'll have to queue twice after midnight.

I know I have to get it stamped. Well I be fine going in after 11

FireTrance wrote: »
    Gamestop seemed to have dropped their price down to 60 from 65 for the standard edition.

LINK

thats nice of them,will i get a refund of the fiver??some chance.lol

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Where in Galway? Gamestop's not opening?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Anybody know if tesco Tullamore is doing anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Are any of the Tesco stores in north Dublin doing a midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

All Tescos that are 24HRS will be doing a GTA IV midnight launch according to their facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,708 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Lemsiper wrote: »

Clarehall will be open anyways, same goes for any 24 hour ones. They probably won't be doing any fancy release thing though, they'll probably just stick them out on the shelves.

I'm hitting my local tesco at 11 to see if they stick them out on the shelves before closing at midnight, I think it happened with FIFA last year and COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FireTrance

dbagman wrote: »
    thats nice of them,will i get a refund of the fiver??some chance.lol

I'd like to think that's the decent thing for them to do, I can't see them dropping the price down a couple of hours before release if they didn't intend to give refund. Hell if they don't, there might be madness in the stores when people come in and see the new price they are not getting.
    Lemsiper wrote: »

Tesco Ireland Facebook page said all the 24 hour Dublin stores which I believe are Clarehall, Blanch and Dundrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

LINK

I want my fcukin fiver back then! Went up earlier to get receipt stamped (as they advised me when I paid in full the other day) and they refused. Cnuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,708 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    I want my fcukin fiver back then! Went up earlier to get receipt stamped (as they advised me when I paid in full the other day) and they refused. Cnuts

That's a shítty thing to do alright. Amazon say that if the prices drops from the time you preorder it to release, you'll be refunded the difference.

If anything you'd expect the price to go up!

I'd like to think that's the decent thing for them to do, I can't see them dropping the price down a couple of hours before release if they didn't intend to give refund. Hell if they don't, there might be madness in the stores when people come in and see the new price they are not getting.

Tesco Ireland Facebook page said all the 24 hour Dublin stores which I believe are Clarehall, Blanch and Dundrum.

I just clicked the link mate,and id checked before i went in to preorder that was the same on their site...and I was charged the extra fiver.Didnt query it mind as I was in a rush.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    That's a shítty thing to do alright. Amazon say that if the prices drops from the time you preorder it to release, you'll be refunded the difference.

If anything you'd expect the price to go up!

Amazon don't refund it, they merely charge you the lowest price that the item has hit since you preordered it. You can ofter order something for 40 euro and end up paying 20 while it's release day on site price is 50. Really is a great service and one that keeps customers coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

cena wrote: »
    I know I have to get it stamped. Well I be fine going in after 11

I got no stamp earlier!

This better not be a mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

How much do these stores buy the games for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deadpacman

So who from Limerick here is goin out to get it at midnight? Which place are you going?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Is the Tesco in Galway doing a midnight launch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭aben3313

anyone know if supervalu are selling it like they did with cod last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

LINK

That's NOT a drop, see my earlier post!

It's always been €60 online as long as I can recall, at least 2/3 weeks

€65 in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Order from Amazon on Thursday, still not dispatched yet. Annoying. Used Parcel Motel but thinking I may cancel it and grab a copy elsewhere.

Advertisement