Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 soulsearcher26

Starting today, you can pre-order the Day 1 Digital version of Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation Network. All Day 1 Digital pre-orders get access to fly the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle just like those who pre-order a physical Standard Edition copy.
    As an added bonus, Day 1 Digital pre-orders will also receive an exclusive PS3 theme along with 75% off on any Rockstar Games title on PSN* (to help tide you over these last few weeks before GTAV hits on September 17th). You can pre-order the Day 1 Digital version by going to the New on PS3: PSN Pre-Orders section of the PlayStation Store. think il just do this ive 320 gig i never use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

How much is the digital version? More expensive than a physical copy? I can't see a price on the website.

I'd much rather have a physical copy to loan out to people or trade in.

I think I'll order off Gamesnash despite my previous comments :pac: Now that its been mentioned I can remember trying to get a copy of Far Cry 3 before christmas and not being able to find one anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I'd imagine the digital version is €69.99 or even €74.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I'll be trading in Batman and FIFA and getting it for 10 euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Digital is 59 dollars on the US PS Store

• Advertisement

dont no how much digital version is but you also get 75% off other rockstar games so it will do for me might be able to have it on 2 or 3 ps3s like most games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

dont no how much digital version is but you also get 75% off other rockstar games so it will do for me might be able to have it on 2 or 3 ps3s like most games
    But just think of the painfully slow download. Nothing is worth that! By the time it's downloaded GT6 will be out

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

What size would the digital download be? I'd assume even "unlimited" internet providers would think your taking the piss with something that big?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Would be good if Rockstar allowed the game to be downloaded say three days before release with a lock on it. Then on release day just download a small unlock pack. Would avoid the inevitable server crash. I don't even know if that's possible though.

Wouldn't the server just crash three days earlier then?

• Advertisement

It might spread out the downloading so there's not such a bottle neck at a specific time.

Doubt its something they can implement now at this late stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Sony have confirmed that you won't be able to preload the game on PSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

guttenberg wrote: »
    What size would the digital download be? I'd assume even "unlimited" internet providers would think your taking the piss with something that big?
    18gb is not that big have "unlimited" downloads and downloaded a 20gb file in one go,i only have a 5mb connection so it took awhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,858 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

£35 (€41) on amazon now if you can wait a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Anyone know if Gamestop in Liffey Street, Dublin are having a midnight launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Tesco in Dundrum (Dublin) is easiest for me. Anybody have experience buying any release at midnight here?

I worked in Game up there back when they were in Dundrum. For Modern Warfare 2, the queue in Tesco was close to the size of the queue for Game (from our store back to the doors beside Tesco). Then it was announced that Tesco only had a certain amount of copies, so the Tesco queue moved to Game's queue. Messy stuff.

TL;DR Everyone knows Tesco are cheap so there'll be a big queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

I'm not sure about that but xtravision in Clondalkin village told me they were.. it's not much further if your driving really..

yeah i heard 15.8 gig its really not that big and nothing that would bother your internet provider theres people that download 24 /7

naughto wrote: »
    18gb is not that big have "unlimited" downloads and downloaded a 20gb file in one go,i only have a 5mb connection so it took awhile

I mistakenly thought the game would be far larger than that, disregard that comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tafkapts

Not too sure about gamestop on liffey st but I know for sure that gamestop on Henry st are opening for a midnight launch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Can't believe the DL is so small. Are rockstar just really really good at compression. Uncharted three was 30 gb or something equally ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Would it be advisable to clear off my balance with Gamestop before launch or does it make no difference paying at the launch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Would it be advisable to clear off my balance with Gamestop before launch or does it make no difference paying at the launch?

Usually from my experience, the people who have it paid off completely, can queue straight away when the store opens the doors and thus get out first, as people who have to pay off the rest of the balance have to go to counter when the doors open and then rejoin the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I preordered with Gamestop a couple of months ago, does this mean they will definitely keep one for me and I can waltz in the next day and get it? Or if they have taken more preorders than stock they receive will I miss out? I can't be arsed queuing in the street at midnight to get it so will be waiting until the next day.

Think theres a glitch in the PS Store.

Currently downloading GTAIV without pre-ordering GTA V.

Complete edition for 7.99.

Lets see how far I can go....

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

For anyone like me who pre-ordered in Gamestop Liffey Street they just confirmed on their twitter page that they will be having a midnight launch there.

Same with Gamestop, Patrick Street in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Think theres a glitch in the PS Store.

Currently downloading GTAIV without pre-ordering GTA V.

Complete edition for 7.99.

Lets see how far I can go....

How did ya get on?

Download at 50%.

Only going at 800kb per second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

If ye go to bargin alerts they are saying amazon are selling it gor 42 euro

Advertisement