Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Again proof my store is full of dicks.

Tommy vercetti would be good if you could get the Hawaiian shirt.

Pizza too! the staff in there are really sound, they all had military gear on one year for COD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

no way there selling it at a loss so tesco are paying more than 55 euro per game get a grip these things take cents to make

Costs little to manufacture,not to design,produce and distribute.

no way there selling it at a loss so tesco are paying more than 55 euro per game get a grip these things take cents to make

Eh yeah to make, not to buy, tesco don't pay cents for the games. and they don't cost cents to make, GTAV has a budget of 170 million quid, the production costs would be included in that along with the marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 soulsearcher26

Costs little to manufacture,not to design,produce and distribute.
    i get all that id say no company paying more than 20 euro a copy if that

Link? the cost price would be much higher than that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Friend of mine said there's already a biggish crowd forming outside of Gamestop in Dundalk.

krudler wrote: »
    Eh yeah to make, not to buy, tesco don't pay cents for the games. and they don't cost cents to make, GTAV has a budget of 170 million quid, the production costs would be included in that along with the marketing.
    you only need 1 copy of the game to make the millions of games the way you say there making a loss i find laughable sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

I dont care how much it costs to make, sell, profit, we're gonna be pulling drive-bys and killing hookers in a couple of hours, YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Friend of mine said there's already a biggish crowd forming outside of Gamestop in Dundalk.

That's just the local zombie hoard we have about the Toon!

you only need 1 copy of the game to make the millions of games the way you say there making a loss i find laughable sorry

I just explained what loss leaders are :confused: Do you work in retail?

• Advertisement

The mark up gamestop put on new games tends to be around 25% of the wholesale price,considering used games have a double margin of 50% per game.

25% of 65 euro= 16.25

65-16.25=48.75 (wholesale)

If tesco are selling at 45 euro they're selling at a loss or just about breaking even.

The mark up gamestop put on new games tends to be around 25% of the wholesale price,considering used games have a double margin of 50% per game.

25% of 65 euro= 16.25

If tesco are selling at 45 euro they're selling at a loss or just about breaking even.

There ya go, yay for informed opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Bearing in mind it was the most expensive game ever made - and the cost of company overheads?

Rent? Bills? Tax? staff?

Everyone has to get payed, I'm sure the GameStop lads are on time and a half or double time tonight...

Tis not a simple matter as ya think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Well they estimate that they will sell 25 million copies. They only need to sell them at $6.80 to cover that $170000000. So there is plenty of room for profit!

I just explained what loss leaders are :confused: Do you work in retail?

no but sounds like you do the mark up on this stuff is huge il go down and get a copy of this in 6 months or a year and get it for 10 euro thats good value for something you say would cost 4 or 5 times that to make the mark up on this stuff is crazy its supply and demand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

This thread aint about the cost of the game lads. Anyone who knows anything about tesco or supermarkets in general know that they sell games like this on the cheap on launch day as a loss leader, AND you only get it for 49.99 if you spend 20 in the shop.

Back on track now

3 HOURS 23 MINUTES!!!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

25% of 65 euro= 16.25

Oh I wish it was that for us (never mind the €20 quoted above) :D

Obviously Gamestop are a bigger company with bigger buying power so I'd imagine you are there or thereabouts with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone queuing outside Gamestop Henry Street yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

Lives up to the hype anyway boys, that's all I'll say!!
    Was up all night tucking into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

My local xtravision seem to be under the impression anyone who rocks up at 12 tonight will be sorted. Here's hoping :D

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Bearing in mind it was the most expensive game ever made - and the cost of company overheads?

Rent? Bills? Tax? staff?

Everyone has to get payed, I'm sure the GameStop lads are on time and a half or double time tonight...

Tis not a simple matter as ya think...

Indeed, it makes me laugh when people who haven't the foggiest assume that they way they think things are is how they actually are. As if it actually only costs rockstar a few cents to print a new batch of games. At a guess you'd have to include:

Managerial decisions and approval.
    Orders with the disc manufacturers and what they charge rockstar, plus their staff time and costs.
    The leaflets, covers being ordered from the printers again.
    The cases the games go out in adn the wrapping that goes around them.
    The stock being shipped from the manufacturers to distrubution, truck driver costs etc.
    Staff to box and ship the games.
    Shipping costs
    More truck expenses to collect and deliver the games.
    Retail staff to unpack, price, and sell the games.

ah yeah, few cents should cover all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Anyone queuing outside Gamestop Henry Street yet?
    If anyone can answer this thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭majnus

GTAV has a budget of 170 million quid, the production costs would be included in that along with the marketing.

Budget is over $250m actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Would just be awesome if my local xtra-vision broke and started selling copies early :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Indeed, it makes me laugh when people who haven't the foggiest assume that they way they think things are is how they actually are. As if it actually only costs rockstar a few cents to print a new batch of games. At a guess you'd have to include:

Orders with the disc manufacturers and what they charge rockstar, plus their staff time and costs.
    The stock being shipped from the manufacturers to distrubution, truck driver costs etc.
    Shipping costs

Not to mention advertising!!Been ads on TV all week.They cost a fortune,and thats just in Ireland.Imagine worldwide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Would just be awesome if my local xtra-vision broke and started selling copies early :pac:

I'm surprised mine isn't, it's due to close next week and all the staff are after getting the sack so why not release it early :pac:

If anyone can answer this thank you very much

George hook said a few hours ago that there were people already queuing at a city centre store (can't remember which one)

Shipping costs

exactly my point they can do all that by robbing consumers

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

How about you "Pat" the back of my sack.

tumblr_m5tp4hGOBw1qbnggp.jpg

Right folks - that's enough for me for one night. Will only end up in a proper row here I think :D Off to get a bit of shut eye before the midnight launch later. Enjoy !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

dbagman wrote: »
    Not to mention advertising!!Been ads on TV all week.They cost a fortune,and thats just in Ireland.Imagine worldwide

Advertising in Ireland? Probably cost about 10 sheep, a couple of scabby horses and a battered old caravan.

Advertisement