Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

I was told it was to monitor the amount of people coming for 12.

they announce a midnight launch and take preorders its safe to assume the majority of them orders will be there,and allow for a few chancing their arm on the night.Would be ridiculous to make us Q twice,and only create further work for their employees and frustration for the general public.heard rockstar wernt impressed with this stamping bull**** either.Who told you about this stamping anyways?What store you going to?Naas myself,cant see it being too busy.Well not compared to City Centre stores anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just noticed something on my Gamestop receipt there. I had €30 put down on my pre-order. Cleared the outstanding amount (€44.98) today, but the receipt only shows that payment. Is this normal or should it show that the full amount has been paid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not a fo.okin chance I am going down at 12, to be overpowered and choke on lynx deodarant filled air and flo rida/macklmore on everyone fookin smart phone, looking at pimples for an hour......I'll ramble in close to quitting time and dangle my BMW car keys like I am all that and demand to be treated with RESPECT!

Just noticed something on my Gamestop receipt there. I had €30 put down on my pre-order. Cleared the outstanding amount (€44.98) today, but the receipt only shows that payment. Is this normal or should it show that the full amount has been paid?

do you not still have the original receipt too?So produce them both??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

It's normal as far as i'm aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Should be grand when they scan the receipt, Does it say anything like express or so? It'll be noted under your account anyways,

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Not a ****in chance I am going down at 12, to choke on lynx filled air and flo rida on everyone fookin smart phone for an hour......I ramble in close to quitting time and pretend I am a kool dad buying it for his kid!

problem is they close as soon as the Q ends,no set time.How you going to judge that one mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Does anyone know what time Gamestop are opening at in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone know anywhere in Dublin selling the game at midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

8am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mine is the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

dbagman wrote: »
    do you not still have the original receipt too?So produce them both??

No, the guy in the store held on to that. My brain was confused by him explaining how the queues would work tonight and I never thought to ask him for the old receipt!
    It's normal as far as i'm aware.

Thanks.. nearly **** myself there for a minute.

all stores open at 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

Not a ****in chance I am going down at 12, to choke on lynx filled air and flo rida on everyone fookin smart phone for an hour......I ramble in close to quitting time and pretend I am a kool dad buying it for his kid!

haha RIGHT ON, I'm leaving the house at 12!

Everywhere

farwell.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Latest from Gamestop Dundalk

b4xk.jpg

Much like every Monday night on Park Street, then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths in Jervis or HMV in Henry Street should have some, which Console do you want it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

They will keep it for 48 hours after release regardless of how much is paid off it :) You can pick it up tomorrow and pay the remainder then.

Thank you sir. That takes the pressure off nicely. I really need to go in to work tomorrow but if I got that game tonight there's not a chance I'll get to bed before 5!
    I really wish I'd planned this better.

farwell.jpg
    Smyths in Jervis or HMV in Henry Street should have some, which Console do you want it on?

I have it pre-booked in a shop I used to work in, been told I'll be the first to be served with no queuing! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    A mate that works in Tesco Clearwater in Finglas just texted me there when he left work. He said there's over 200 people queued from the butchers all the way around the corner to the petrol garage. It seems you people planning on going there tonight should really find another place now.......

funny-gif-Simpsons-dog-eyes-suspicious.gif

Fukking pmsl because the Ex is literally just after walking out the door
    of it while talking to me on the phone about 3 mins ago :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I'm surprised mine isn't, it's due to close next week and all the staff are after getting the sack so why not release it early :pac:

Oooooh, I know where you're talking about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Yeah I was told yesterday you only need the recent one. He didn't even give back my old one, so no worries there!

Not a fo.okin chance I am going down at 12, to be overpowered and choke on lynx deodarant filled air and flo rida/macklmore on everyone fookin smart phone, looking at pimples for an hour......I'll ramble in close to quitting time and dangle my BMW car keys like I am all that and demand to be treated with RESPECT!

The kool dad bit wouldnt have worked anyways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Think I'll just head down for 12:10
    8am option is out really and I wont be finished until 6pm Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

I pre-ordered from Amazon but the bloody thing hasn't even shipped yet. I think I'm going to cancel it and head to Dundrum at midnight and chance my arm. Which do you reckon would be the safer option - HMV or Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Was thinking of arriving at Blanch at about 12.15 and see what it's like, if it's packed I'll just leave. Is it the green entrance to get to game stop?

doubledown wrote: »
    I pre-ordered from Amazon but the bloody thing hasn't even shipped yet. I think I'm going to cancel it and head to Dundrum at midnight and chance my arm. Which do you reckon would be the safer option - HMV or Tesco?

Under the bridge at Tara Street Dart station....tell them whacker sent ya bud ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

02 is down wtf?

Ridiculous I needed to withdraw cash from my 02 card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

IvySlayer wrote: »
    02 is down wtf?

Ridiculous I needed to withdraw cash from my 02 card

Run to an ATM?

Been up and down all night, pain in the backside!

Advertisement