Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Yeah but it wont arrive until the day after release date, at best. Don't think its worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

Sure cant you use parcel motel

Think theres a glitch in the PS Store.

Currently downloading GTAIV without pre-ordering GTA V.

Complete edition for 7.99.

Lets see how far I can go....

Bought it myself earlier.

Downloaded grand for me. Great value with the 2 DLCs included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

mutley18 wrote: »
    I preordered with Gamestop a couple of months ago, does this mean they will definitely keep one for me and I can waltz in the next day and get it? Or if they have taken more preorders than stock they receive will I miss out? I can't be arsed queuing in the street at midnight to get it so will be waiting until the next day.

Anyone know how this works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 soulsearcher26

mutley18 wrote: »
    Anyone know how this works?
    i would imagine it will be first there first served they will be obliged to sell it to anybody thats pre ordered whether you done it months ago or today

• Advertisement

An employee in my nearest Tesco told me that from September 1st onwards it will no longer be a 24 hour store. This means I either must find another 24 hour Tesco or pre-order the game in a store doing a midnight launch. Bunch of bastards, the lot of them! :P

Anyone in Drogheda fancy sharing their plans? If I pre-order, am I outright guaranteed a no-hassle purchase at midnight in a store? I believe (could well be wrong, though) that both the local Xtra-Vision and GameStop are doing midnight launches. Anyone in Drogheda on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Preordered in gamestop naas! They said they plan to open at around 11pm to let everyone pay up for the game so at midnight there is no delay in handing them out. Also...free food :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

7.99 for GTA 4 on ps store, no pre-order needed of GTA 5.

LATD and BOGT included as well. Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm not sure about that but xtravision in Clondalkin village told me they were.. it's not much further if your driving really..
    I believe (could well be wrong, though) that both the local Xtra-Vision and GameStop are doing midnight launches. Anyone in Drogheda on here?

I'd be surprised if 75% of Xtravisions weren't open at midnight for this especially with the HMV lads behind them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Any word if GameStop Tallaght is doing a midnight launch?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I was told they were,but that was about 8 months ago so i doubt they had anything confirmed at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

I'd be surprised if 75% of Xtravisions weren't open at midnight for this especially with the HMV lads behind them now.
    is it looking like they have enough stock?
    I asked in my local xtravision if the pre order would guarantee me a copy on release day.. I was told yes but when I asked if the guy knew how much stock they would be getting in I was told no.. so I'm a little confused as to how I'm guaranteed a copy

My mate put in a pre order there yesterday and he said they are doing a midnight launch.

Also said that the chap behind the counter said they have had over 900 pre orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just pre-ordered my copy with Gamenash and release day delivery. It's getting so real! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Dropped into GameStop in Newbridge there earlier on and the guy behind the counter said that it is offically GameStop's biggest prebook title in history! Whoohooo...roll on Sept 17th!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Dropped into GameStop in Newbridge there earlier on and the guy behind the counter said that it is offically GameStop's biggest prebook title in history! Whoohooo...roll on Sept 17th!!

:D

That store has over 400 people already signed up for the midnight release also.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Passenger wrote: »
    That store has over 400 people already signed up for the midnight release also.

You have to sign up to the midnight release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

You have to sign up to the midnight release?

Yeah, you have to sign up as you have to pay for the game during normal store opening hours as technically it isn't officially open at midnight, they're just handing out the games. There'll be no monetary transaction at midnight, they just give you the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just put in an order for the Special edition at Gamestop in Douglas Court SC........

The girl behind the counter told me they're having a midnight release also and handed me the flyer. But the shopping centre closes at 9pm on Mondays so I'll have to email them to confirm this.

hzRZ7m1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Just put in an order for the Special edition at Gamestop in Douglas Court SC........

The girl behind the counter told me they're having a midnight release also and handed me the flyer. But the shopping centre closes at 9pm on Mondays so I'll have to email them to confirm this.

Good to hear, I've preordered mine there as well. Gonna queue up at 9ish for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Passenger wrote: »
    Yeah, you have to sign up as you have to pay for the game during normal store opening hours as technically it isn't officially open at midnight, they're just handing out the games. There'll be no monetary transaction at midnight, they just give you the game.

Thanks for clearing that up, I'm guessing this is standard Gamestop policy then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

is it looking like they have enough stock?
    I asked in my local xtravision if the pre order would guarantee me a copy on release day.. I was told yes but when I asked if the guy knew how much stock they would be getting in I was told no.. so I'm a little confused as to how I'm guaranteed a copy

I don't work with Xtravision any more, but staff don't know how much stock is due in of anything generally till at most a week before hand when it's on the computer system. Pre-orders stop a week before a game comes out so they know the minimum they need to order from the suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

I don't work with Xtravision any more, but staff don't know how much stock is due in of anything generally till at most a week before hand when it's on the computer system. Pre-orders stop a week before a game comes out so they know the minimum they need to order from the suppliers.
    cheers Gavin, that's put my mind at ease anyway.. now all I gotta do is wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Gamestop have the trade in 2 selected titles and then you just throw in another 9.99...other than that I was told they are selling it for €65...very expensive. Are all the other bricks and mortar stores in Ireland charging the same? I know amazon, etc. would be cheaper but the likes of xtravision, HMV, Tesco...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Anyone know if Tesco will have GTA V?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Anyone know if Tesco will have GTA V?

They will, but considering the demand for the game it's highly unlikely they'll have many copies sitting out on the shelves for long if your hoping to pick it up on release day. If you don't pre order expect to maybe have to try a few shops before you find one with stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

pre-ordered mine in Harvey norman, €54.99 they'll be selling it at
    https://www.harveynorman.ie/gta-v-grand-theft-auto-5-ps3.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Anyone know if any shops in Dundrum are having a midnight release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

has anyone ordered with amazon? iv never ordered with them before so was wondering when am i likely to have it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    has anyone ordered with amazon? iv never ordered with them before so was wondering when am i likely to have it?

I've ordered. £34.99 is too good to pass up.

They'll probably ship early as the have the muscle to do so. The publishers are hardly going to put an embargo on a giant like Amazon.

Advertisement