Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,792 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

On the way home from the cinema, and then I will head to xtravision and hope for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

A quick question for all you people queuing up....

What is the point in leaving your warm home to stand in the cold at 12 on a Tuesday night (when all pre-orders will be honoured for 48hours anyway; plus the fact that the biggest launch title of the last 5 years will not sell out) and to come home to play for what?......4/5 hours before you're wrecked and have to sleep? At 2am the novelty will have worn off....

When you can just go to bed now, wake up and get it in Tesco at 6am or anywhere else at 8am and then have the whole day to play it??? Sure, if you p-lay it tonight....you're not going to be up until at least lunch tomorrow anyway???

Whats the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

srm23 wrote: »
    how is there a national sell-out of XBOX360 copies in Gamestop on pre-orders yet others have 300 copies on shelves?
    would they not be more prepared for demand on the most anticipated game in years?

Could be how much stock gamestop were allocated. Then again it's just a rumour like I said. Plus hmv isn't open long so not many may have pre-ordered with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 damned_junkie

srumball wrote: »
    Tesco Dundrum no one ere only a few so if hmv doesn't work out

Let us know if they go up on the shelves early over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Anybody going to or at Gamestop parkway in Limerick?

Is there a GS in the parkway? Didnt know/forgot about that one!

I have to say its very exciting reading all the reports of queues etc!!

Might go for another spin shortly to see if Smyths queue has grown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

_Gawd_ wrote: »

What is the point in leaving your warm home to stand in the cold at 12 on a Tuesday night (when all pre-orders will be honoured for 48hours anyway; plus the fact that the biggest launch title of the last 5 years will not sell out) and to come home to play for what?......4/5 hours before you're wrecked and have to sleep? At 2am the novelty will have worn off....

When you can just go to bed now, wake up and get it in Tesco at 6am or anywhere else at 8am and then have the whole day to play it??? Sure, if you p-lay it tonight....you're not going to be up until at least lunch tomorrow anyway???

Whats the point?

Coz we want to feel like kids again ffs! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have my game prepaid, I have my receipt stamped, from earlier today//...you telling me I gotta queue up twice still!!!!

WTF!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Whats the point?

Because I can play it tonight, all day tomorrow and all day Wednesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

No mention of Galway yet......Will somebody take a picture of the queues they see. Just so we at home get an idea of what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

srm23 wrote: »
    is all of your plans to play this through the night??

YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andromeda76

Anyone know what time GameStop clarehall opens at tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Could be how much stock gamestop were allocated. Then again it's just a rumour like I said. Plus hmv isn't open long so not many may have pre-ordered with them.

im tempted to hit gamestop tomorrow to see if they'll just give me my game tomorrow, mine is meant to be from the second shipment! may not get it until friday and don't want to wait until then

• _Gawd_ wrote: »

Whats the point?
    if that's the case then what's the point in queing for an Apple Ipad / Iphone or queuing for the latest book launch or New console or movie?

I believe your personnel opinion isn't going to spoil the fun for people joining in on the buzz of the wait and the great mood in the queue, what harm is this good bit of entertainment news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 damned_junkie

Whats the point?

I'm not standing, I'm sitting. In doors too. I have nothing else to do and I'm probably going to be up till 3am anyway. I don't have a preorder and since I'm off work all this week it would suck if I missed the first batch of stock and had to wait a week to get it.

So for me it's a perfect storm of circumstances. Never done this before unlikely to ever do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

This is the stamp ye get in Gamestop..

SPT7eB7

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

eyresquare wrote: »
    No mention of Galway yet......Will somebody take a picture of the queues they see. Just so we at home get an idea of what it's like.

120792132dk018_rioting_brea.jpg
    London_riot.jpg
    TURKEYProtestsPoliceFireTearGas_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Remember quing up at xtra vision for cod game no pre order just looking for a cash sale
    the clock ticked down too midnight and the girl said there's 2 ques one for preorders and one for people who just wanna buy it
    long story short after been at the back of the que I merily strolled straight to the top of tge buy now que
    allot of sickened faces but hey its a roll of the dice lol
    this time I just ordered of gamesnash and hope its delivered tommow but won't get to play it until friday fml roll of the dice

I'm off work tomorrow so the poor xbox is going to get a serious workout :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48 fergal23

Could be answered already but how long will each store be open for? Like from 12 - 12.30/1...probably depends on the amount of people I'm guessing? Never been to a midnight release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

fergal23 wrote: »
    Could be answered already but how long will each store be open for? Like from 12 - 12.30/1...probably depends on the amount of people I'm guessing? Never been to a midnight release.

Until the queue is gone :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Private Joker

120792132dk018_rioting_brea.jpg
    London_riot.jpg
    TURKEYProtestsPoliceFireTearGas_large.jpg

Went by about an hour ago ( xtravision ) about 20 in the queue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Whats the point?

Cos being a grown up mostly sucks with boring stuff to look forward to, and it's a bit of craic to have with other people, seeing grown adults in full blown "waiting for santa" mode is fun. I miss this about working in retail tbh, big releases were always good fun to be working for.

Dundrum queue is probably around 80 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Easily over 100 people at Gamestop William street limerick.

I'd estimate 150 here in Crescent, still more coming in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Well after being unexpectedly working from Belfast today currently in the game queue, at least 3 to 400 ahead of me (arrived just before 11) and another 100 behind me. Gonna be a long wait..... And it's bleeding BALTIC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Glad I ordered it from gamesnash, would'nt fancy queuing out in the cold for a few hours, fingers crossed the postman will have it for me tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Have it Paid for and Pre-ordered in Game Stop but I won't be going in tonight to pick it up. Ill pick it up in the morning after the Gym and Play it for a few hours before the football tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

If I go to buy it now without it pre ordered and its all sold out some kid is getting mugged for it :pac:

Advertisement