Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Tesco Drogheda had a decent enough que, staff said there was 60 Ps3 and 50 Xbox copies. I was about 12th last in the que ( got there about 11.45) which was well out the door from the customer service till.
    By the time I got to the till the guy shouted out "Hands up who wants it on PS3?"
    Que had grown since then, "Only 3 copies left" - the face on half the young lads who turned away sickened - had to laugh!

No xbox copies left there now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

loading story mode on xbox now :D wanna rob a bike NOW!!! =D
    what were the massive gta v boxes some lads were comin out with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

just finished loading!!! boom.laters guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Shocking experience in Gamestop for me. Queued for 25 mins and got to the till only to be told i needed to queue again as I didn't have my receipt stamped, despite the fact I had the preorder paid off fully 2 weeks ago. Why not just stamp it and hand over the game there and then?? :confused:

Add that to the fact it was €65 in shop with them and only €60 online for some reason :eek:

The last they'll see of me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I went to Tesco no queue but only 3 left

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Gamestop Clarehall soldout of non preorder xbox, Tesco sold out of both apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

tesco artane sold out of xbox copies after about 15 mins.

xtra vision in artane still has a good few copies left if anyone is still looking.

GameStop Drogheda seemed to have plenty on shelves, also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Castlebar sold out of all 360 versions and PS3 Special Editions, which everyone was getting, also was a 12 year old in his school uniform getting the the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

what is the size of the install file, need to free up space on a memory stick or external hardrive so i can install it for my 360

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

tomottosam wrote: »
    what is the size of the install file, need to free up space on a memory stick or external hardrive so i can install it for my 360

About 8gb

Just under 8 gigs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

~7850MB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Late opening in Tesco Tallaght. No que at the moment. Plenty of copies left.

Wasn't going to bother with it and then I read this post. Left my house at 12.45 and was back at 1.05.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

taking its time to install also!
    thank god I barely play the xbox, I have plenty of space for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

8124 MB

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tomottosam

thats grand need to spend the night so reformating an external hardrive so none of me usbs are big enough

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭purplestar1986

Clearwater was a shambles. They had 3 people behind the electrical counter, one guy took the game out of the box, handed it to another guy who was standing right beside him and he then handed it to the woman on the 1 and only till.....she was standing beside him. Took 20 mins to get my game, I wasn't that far down the queue either. Never again!

Charlie19 wrote: »
    8124 MB

Its smaller for the 360 version, just 7800 Mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Beer out the fridge, popcorn ready, large bags of Revels and Maltesers. Misses is in bed, so couch swung around about 6 foot in front of the 60" plasma, DTS surround sound pumped up and the install begins! NOW IM READY!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Shocking experience in Gamestop for me. Queued for 25 mins and got to the till only to be told i needed to queue again as I didn't have my receipt stamped, despite the fact I had the preorder paid off fully 2 weeks ago. Why not just stamp it and hand over the game there and then?? :confusion:

Add that to the fact it was €65 in shop with them and only €60 online for some reason :eek:

The last they'll see of me

I know dude. It's a joke.
    First and last midnight launch i'll go to. That 2 line system is messed up. The biggest gripe I had is that they had 4 members of staff giving out copies come 12.01 - BUT! stopped the line that people who pre-ordered (but not fully paid) .. they should of had one line open up for that line.

Just so stressful being in a line that's not moving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Watched some lad in front of me in blanch , queued in the non stamp one and got the top after what was about an hour of waiting to be told , did he have a parent or guardian. Seemed like a crock of sh1t... Felt bad for the guy , then I was next :)

RVN10 wrote: »
    Watched some lad in front of me in blanch , queued in the non stamp one and got the top after what was about an hour of waiting to be told , did he have a parent or guardian. Seemed like a crock of sh1t... Felt bad for the guy , then I was next :)

Did not see anyone getting asked for ID, some were still in their secondary school uniforms and looked 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

he defintely did I heard the girl behind the counter say if he comes back he needs an id or parent which seemed a bit of a joke , just give the guy the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

C'mon install, it's the most painful wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

installed disc one but now it says alert please insert disc 2 after the flashy rockstar intro and copyright text
    wtf is going on??
    googled it and said something about maybe bad burn???wtf is that??? crap i just bought this after queing?

From everything that I've read online it seems that Gamestop made an absolute balls of the launch. Anyone I know who queued up had a poor experience and said that the queues were slow and that staff were making things even slower. Whereas over in two separate Tesco stores people were in and out in a matter of minutes with no hassle.

One friend was telling me that in the Gamestop queue, in front of him was a kid no more than 14 in a secondary school uniform who had trouble getting a copy of the game while a few minutes later a lad with quite the epic beard and who looked at least 20 was refused his copy of the game because he had no idea. He also told me that as it drew closer to 12 a lot of scumbags just walked up to the top of the queue and refused to go to the back. Complaints were made to the Gamestop staff who did absolutely nothing about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

LK KID wrote: »
    installed disc one but now it says alert please insert disc 2 after the flashy rockstar intro and copyright text
    wtf is going on??
    googled it and said something about maybe bad burn???wtf is that??:confused:

A bad burn is very rare but it's bound to happen, basically the content on the disc is corrupt as the write (or "burn") failed. Very unfortunate on your end, and I'm fairly sure there's nothing you can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Worked out grand for me. Was talking to the lads in Gamestop earlier today. They said they aimed to be done and dusted by 12.45ish. Thought it'd be touch and go whether I'd make it. None of the regular punters that I gladly let finish up their drinks late in the bar I work in were in tonight, so I got the randomers out early and legged it down :D.
    The fellas in Gamestop on Liffey Street were sound. When I was in earlier I asked could I get my receipt stamped, as I had it paid off in full, but they said they couldn't, it had to be done after 10pm, orders from above.
    Anyway...nearly installed. This is gonna be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 deadpacman

Beer out the fridge, popcorn ready, large bags of Revels and Maltesers. Misses is in bed, so couch swung around about 6 foot in front of the 60" plasma, DTS surround sound pumped up and the install begins! NOW IM READY!!!!!!!!!

My living room is so depressing now when I look at it. Couch moved in front of the TV, surround sound set up, snacks and a nagin of vodka (:D) but I'm missing one key component..... the actual game!!! :mad:

Advertisement