Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

RVN10 wrote: »
    he defintely did I heard the girl behind the counter say if he comes back he needs an id or parent which seemed a bit of a joke , just give the guy the game

I got that not too long ago in Gamestop.Was told that if I had a parent with me or ID I'd be fine. I'm a bloody 27 year old man with two weeks worth of beard growth and a box of beer in my possession. Would have told them stuff it but had a gift card I wanted to be rid of and went back in the next day with my passport which they refused to accept because, and I kid you not, it had expired 4 days previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭LK KID

A bad burn is very rare but it's bound to happen, basically the content on the disc is corrupt as the write (or "burn") failed. Very unfortunate on your end, and I'm fairly sure there's nothing you can do about it.
    oh ffs your not serious?
    :mad::mad:
    will i get a new free game or what?fook this crap...queing at midnight for a game ,never again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

LK KID wrote: »
    oh ffs your not serious?
    will i get a new free game or what?fook this crap...queing at midnight for a game ,never again

Was it a 360 version?

oh ffs your not serious?

Seems quite a few people are having the same problem. Could be part of the batch that was discovered to be defective. Best thing to do is head back into the store you bought it first thing tomorrow and get a replacement. If it was me I wouldn't be leaving till I got a replacement (bound to be quite a few preorders still there) or a refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

oh ffs your not serious?

Not joking. That is truly horrific luck. Sure keep trying it anyway and yeah you should definitely get a replacement, but go down ASAP as obviously stock will be very low.

• Advertisement

Not joking. That is truly horrific luck. Sure keep trying it anyway and yeah you should definitely get a replacement, but go down ASAP as obviously stock will be very low.

He will not get a replacement from Gamestop if he goes there tomorrow, he will have to wait for the next batch to come in to get one, they are all sold out, they know it is a problem and from what we were told tonight it affected half the stock, this is not just Gamestop either, its all suppliers in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

man that sucks have you read this might be something with how you install the game
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-16-rockstar-warns-dont-install-gta5-xbox-360-play-disc

Seems quite a few people are having the same problem. Could be part of the batch that was discovered to be defective. Best thing to do is head back into the store you bought it first thing tomorrow and get a replacement. If it was me I wouldn't be leaving till I got a replacement (bound to be quite a few preorders still there) or a refund.
    fook it iv college in the mornin:mad::mad: gonna get sweet f all sleep but ill tear that shop down if they start any crap:mad::mad::mad:
    Xenji wrote: »
    Was it a 360 version?
    ya
    first thing in the morning:mad:

He will not get a replacement from Gamestop if he goes there tomorrow, he will have to wait for the next batch to come in to get one, they are all sold out, they know it is a problem and from what we were told tonight it affected half the stock, this is not just Gamestop either, its all suppliers in Ireland.

is this a problem with the PS3 version?

I'm sure that there will be more than a few preorders who don't collect in time so there's a good chance he'll get a replacement sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »
    is this a problem with the PS3 version?

Just the 360.

biggebruv wrote: »
    man that sucks have you read this might be something with how you install the game
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-16-rockstar-warns-dont-install-gta5-xbox-360-play-disc
    this is fookin nothin to do with how i installed the game i left it install away till it finished then i got this error. they better not start that crap tomorrow or ill fookin loose it

I'm sure that there will be more than a few preorders who don't collect in time so there's a good chance he'll get a replacement sooner rather than later.

He can try on Wednesday, but they did not have enough working pre-orders to fill their original demand, so it could be tough, obviously they did not fully check the defective batch, major PR issue for Microsoft yet again.

fook it iv college in the mornin:mad::mad: gonna get sweet f all sleep but ill tear that shop down if they start any crap:mad::mad::mad:

ya

first thing in the morning:mad:

did you install the play disk to your 360 HDD aswell because rockstar is recomending not to do that i dunno just thought id trow that out there hope you get another copy tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Try uninstall it and start again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Stop! You're making me a little anxious now with all this "half the stock" talk!

He can try on Wednesday, but they did not have enough working pre-orders to fill their original demand, so it could be tough, obviously they did not fully check the defective batch, major PR issue for Microsoft yet again.

If he refuses to leave the store till something is sorted out they'll most likely just give him another of the preorders and hope that at least one person doesn't show up. Have seen it happen before and I imagine that it'll be happening tomorrow in a few stores.

Stop! You're making me a little anxious now with all this "half the stock" talk!

We thought it was a rumour or a troll at first, till Pat from Gamesnash confirmed they had 360 issues, the other half has a 360 and dragged me down early to be sure and she was right, 10 minutes and all the 360 stock was gone.

If he refuses to leave the store till something is sorted out they'll most likely just give him another of the preorders and hope that at least one person doesn't show up. Have seen it happen before and I imagine that it'll be happening tomorrow in a few stores.

He should go argue it out, let them source another copy from one of the other stores if they have it spare, promise it to him the next day if not the day itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Keith186

installed disc one but now it says alert please insert disc 2 after the flashy rockstar intro and copyright text
    wtf is going on??
    googled it and said something about maybe bad burn???wtf is that??? crap i just bought this after queing?

Have to ask the obvious question. Did you put in disc 2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 soulsearcher26

say most places got alot of stock i got it in xtra vision people were buying 4 and 5 at a time i preorderd but would have been able to buy 20 copys if i wanted to seen one girl get 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

installed disc one but now it says alert please insert disc 2 after the flashy rockstar intro and copyright text
    wtf is going on??
    googled it and said something about maybe bad burn???wtf is that??? crap i just bought this after queing?

Says the same on all of them? You just take out Disc 1 and put in Disc 2 mate :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

/Facepalm

/Facepalm

lol. bet youd feel stupid if this is the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

On another note I've been reading that Rockstar have advised not to install Disc 2 as it may cause issues with performance. I jumped the gun and installed Disc 2 before hearing this and now I'm wondering if I delete it, will it just play from the disc and act like I never installed it or has the damage been done?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Morak Thun

Can anyone advise where would be the best place around Dublin to try for a copy in the morning. Got stuck last night and could not join the mayhem of queuing.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have a spare Xbox version would like to swap for a PS3 one if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Morak Thun wrote: »
    Can anyone advise where would be the best place around Dublin to try for a copy in the morning. Got stuck last night and could not join the mayhem of queuing.

Thanks in advance.

Mate,
    I'll be honest. I was at GameStop Blanchardstown tonight and there had to be 500 plus people there all getting their copies. Judging from this thread other gamestops were the same around Dublin.

Am sure you will get a copy but just hit xtra-vision, harvey norman, argos etc first and be prepared to go to more than one store. In any event look for a copy early. The demand for this game is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Wasn't going to bother with it and then I read this post. Left my house at 12.45 and was back at 1.05.

Thanks

Your welcome. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

wtf is going on??
    That's normal... It installs and launches from disc one and plays from disc two

Advertisement