Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Lads for anyone trying to get one this morning. Hmv Henry st is worth a trip. We got one there at 1 am. Loads on the shelf and no que. whereas the que in GameStop was still huge at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Morak Thun

Just dropped into Tesco Balbriggan after work and picked up a copy for €54.99

No queuing. No messing. Job oxo.

Time for sleep followed by nothing but gta5 for a few days. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

samina wrote: »
    Lads for anyone trying to get one this morning. Hmv Henry st is worth a trip. We got one there at 1 am. Loads on the shelf and no que. whereas the que in GameStop was still huge at that time.

What was the price though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mark26

Morak Thun wrote: »
    Just dropped into Tesco Balbriggan after work and picked up a copy for €54.99

No queuing. No messing. Job oxo.

Time for sleep followed by nothing but gta5 for a few days. Lol

Cheers for the heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Anyone keep getting this on Argos?

Request: [object XMLHttpRequest]

Error: undefined

Should have one today, but going to try reserve one just in case it doesn't come today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

Mark26 wrote: »
    What was the price though :confused:

It was €60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Pretty old, but it's all updated and has the Hard drive space required?

Did you install both discs or just the mandatory disc? Rockstar warned of problems with installing both discs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Should have one today, but going to try reserve one just in case it doesn't come today.[/quote

No reserved mine without any fuss got a text and all, but its saying only 4 left so might wanna keep trying now!

Should have one today, but going to try reserve one just in case it doesn't come today.[/quote

No reserved mine without any fuss got a text and all, but its saying only 4 left so might wanna keep trying now!

Thanks for that! Must be a problem with Chrome, fired up Firefox and had no problem with the 4 Argos' I tried!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Yep checked argos and could have reserve one no bother at €57.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

gypsycrust wrote: »
    Heads up

Now available on the Argos online catalogue for reserving store pickup. Not surprisingly the site is unresponsive.

€57.49

I love you. Thought I'd just stroll into wilton tesco at 7 and pick up a copy. They only received 60 of each and we're sold out midnight. Thought I'd be waiting a few weeks. Hopefully it's there later on.

YbFocus wrote: »
    Yep checked argos and could have reserve one no bother at €57.49

All the stores I checked had 5+, so a lot of saddened people should certainly try not to forget about Argos. Even the people with the bad batch. Unless I'm wrong, it'd be easy buy a working one from Argos and then just get a refund on your broke one.

I love you. Thought I'd just stroll into wilton tesco at 7 and pick up a copy. They only received 60 of each and we're sold out midnight. Thought I'd be waiting a few weeks. Hopefully it's there later on.

Just reserve now to be safe, it takes 30 seconds, only a phone no. and e-mail address is required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Will they keep it though? I've heard they will sell it under you.

About the broken one, is there a high percentage of them going around?

Like are we talking 1 in 20 or something crazy like that, or is it 1 in 1000 kind of thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Fierce quiet all of a sudden in here. I'd say the hunt is gone into high gear across the country. You could spot those looking a mile off this morning. That sort of hungry, determined and baffled look that gamers get on a morning like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I strolled up half an hour ago to tesco Balbriggan and got one no bother.

Have an argos reservation number going spare if anyone needs it. It's for swords, for Xbox.

Your right caught this pic this morning, obviously they ran out of stock in whatever queue they had been in and spent the night roaming for copies.

Scary stuff....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb_hSsC4hYd-qsmUS_69EknqK7YRdsCaPkBNxaRiI9E-qHn1qJ

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Went up to check gamestop in Clarehall, no one up there.
    Hadn't pre-ordered and they have none spare so just reserved one. Trading in 2 games to get it there for a tenner.

Have one in Argos swords reserved going spare if anyone wants it. It's for ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

do you need proof of pre order in gamestop? i pre ordered but can't find receipt.

• Advertisement

EdenHazard wrote: »
    do you need proof of pre order in gamestop? i pre ordered but can't find receipt.

I presume you do man, they ain't going to hand a game out to someone who said they pre-ordered one but have no proof. Keep looking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

In work now I picked mine up from Xtravision Ashleaf at half eight this morning,
    they opened at 8am and said their was about 15 people queueing.

They also opened at 12am lastnight and didn't close until 2am, they said it was strictly pre orders upto 1.30am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

EdenHazard wrote: »

I was told I did not need when collecting it, it's on their computer system.

That's deadly then Eden :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Giblet wrote: »
    Will they keep it though? I've heard they will sell it under you.

Argos? This can't be right can it:(

I agree, what is the point in a reserve service if they sell it anyway on a first come first serve basis!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i just reserved mine from argos ilac centre also jervis , it said over 5 left to collect, it said on my text , it will held untill store closes on 18/9/13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

i'm so pissed off having to sit in work and wait til 10pm before i get to play this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Same thing I plan to do (and others, from reading this forum) - Never go near them (or their nonsensical midnight queuing fiasco) again.
    I have to say that GameStop charging €65 earlier tonight was a rip-off. The website said €59.99. Just feels like they are getting into you with the extra fiver.

Of course what are you meant to do huh? after waiting for over and hour in the que you are hardly going to say no and go home with no copy.

I like many people here was happy to pre order but as the release day got nearer the price got dearer.

It was a disgraceful practice charging people 65euro for the game. They will NEVER EVER get my business again !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Midnight launch last night was good craic. The amount of kids/teenagers who got refused for lack of ID :D

Advertisement