Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Just stuck the nose into gs in Stephens Green, no shortage of copies lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Argos in Naas have copies for anybody in that area interested. Just reserved a copy.

Have one coming from Amazon during the week but might pick this one up just in case its not here by Friday.

Can always refund it if the Amazon one comes .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Reserved one in jervis street Argos for 57.49. Anyone know if tesco jervis or smyths has it any cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Slunk wrote: »
    Reserved one in jervis street Argos for 57.49. Anyone know if tesco jervis or smyths has it any cheaper?

Tesco is 54.99, not sure on smyth's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Symths is 58.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Xtravision is €60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Ordered from Amazon & delivered through Parcel Motel. Total cost: €45 & had it at 9am on Monday morning.

Gamestop trade in deal would easily be the best way to go lads. I think overall it cost me 35?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Little Pea wrote: »
    I like many people here was happy to pre order but as the release day got nearer the price got dearer.

It was a disgraceful practice charging people 65euro for the game. They will NEVER EVER get my business again !

When it comes to buying games amazon all the way for me. GS ETC... are in business to make money while I make it my business to save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop trade in deal would easily be the best way to go lads. I think overall it cost me 35?

Any list or an idea of what they are accepting towards GTA ?

• Advertisement

dario28 wrote: »
    Any list or an idea of what they are accepting towards GTA ?

There is a list online, or you can grab it in

http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

jaffusmax wrote: »
    When it comes to buying games amazon all the way for me. GS ETC... are in business to make money while I make it my business to save money.

I don't know.....I like Amazon and all but I think people are going a little bit over the top about them.

This is definitely a "one-off". I've been ordering games from Amazon for years and I have never, I repeat never, received a game on launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

7 missed calls I had from gamestop making sure had I got the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Picked up my copy in GameStop St Stephens Green about 20 minutes ago.

They have loads of copies, and are selling to people without preorders too. I was in and out in 5 minutes. Now only 8 more long hours of work til I can play:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    I don't know.....I like Amazon and all but I think people are going a little bit over the top about them.

This is definitely a "one-off". I've been ordering games from Amazon for years and I have never, I repeat never, received a game on launch day.

I honestly appreciate the appeal of da one but is it worth an extra 20+ quid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Have one paid off in Gamestop that I can't collect til later so reserved one in Argos in case Gamestop ran out of stock

There is 5 in the argos store in athlone.

Also why on earth would people buy the walk through book of the game. Just play it first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

So Tesco is the cheapest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    So Tesco is the cheapest ?

Yeah 54.99 or 49.99 if you do 20 euro worth of shopping, bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Just picked up my pre order in Gamestop parkway in Limerick 30 mins ago and its installing :P
    The place was empty but he reckoned they had over 250 people last night.. He also said they have plenty copies for general sale...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Ciann

Tesco bray have copies, just ask someone to get you one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

this is a good deal if your looking to get a console aswell, comes with the last of us too

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1395491/Trail/searchtext%3EGRAND+THEFT+AUTO.htm

Dave 101 wrote: »
    this is a good deal if your looking to get a console aswell, comes with the last of us too

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1395491/Trail/searchtext%3EGRAND+THEFT+AUTO.htm

That is a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

If it wasn't mentioned yet Tesco has it for 54.99, I see xtravision is 59.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I tried Tesco Maynooth last night, when I got there the queue was well over 100ppl and they had 95 copies in stock.

Picked it up in Tesco Celbridge at 7am instead, they had sold about 50 copies since 6am and had a handful left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

€60 in xtravision killester, best to give them a call first...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

I've got a spare reservation number for XBOX360 version, Argos Liffey Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

cloud493 wrote: »
    There is a list online, or you can grab it in

http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList store.

I'm guessing they're not doing the 99c trade in deal with GTA V are they? I didn't bother pre-ordering because GS screwed up with my last pre-order. Hopefully they will have some left in the Arklow store.

Btw just to let people know, there are 4 copies left in the Arklow Argos store. I reserved one just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Guys, I have an original fat ps3. I think they only have a small memory capacity 8gb 12gb or something. Will GTA V load onto these? Heard they need a lit of memory?
    Please excuse my ignorance.....

Advertisement