Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I picked up mine a few minutes ago in xtravision. Got €52.50 for some games that were collecting dust. 7.49 cash.

Gamestop in the same shopping centre were offering less as trade, and the game was 64.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,423 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Anytime you're ready there postman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Have to laugh at the queues and panic at gamestops and Xtravisions overnight.

Strolled into a deserted Argos this morning and collected my reserved copy.

I have never dragged myself to midnight opening and will never give GameStop a penny of my money. They're lucky there's always suckers out there that will though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

MarkR wrote: »
    I picked up mine a few minutes ago in xtravision. Got €52.50 for some games that were collecting dust. 7.49 cash.

Gamestop in the same shopping centre were offering less as trade, and the game was 64.99

Could you post up what games you traded? I'm looking to get rid of a few myself like black ops 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Did you install both discs or just the mandatory disc? Rockstar warned of problems with installing both discs.

Just the mandatory disc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Guys, I have an original fat ps3. I think they only have a small memory capacity 8gb 12gb or something. Will GTA V load onto these? Heard they need a lit of memory?
    Please excuse my ignorance.....

I have a phat ps3 as well and the game is running perfectly, not even a sound out of it! Really surprised.

Anyways, if you are downloading off PSN you will need 36GB free prior to install, the game is only 18GB but it needs double that to install.

However if you have the disc you only need 8GB for the install but leave space for saves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Might buy this game guys, I've heard it's alright?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I have a phat ps3 as well and the game is running perfectly, not even a sound out of it! Really surprised.

Anyways, if you are downloading off PSN you will need 36GB free prior to install, the game is only 18GB but it needs double that to install.

However if you have the disc you only need 8GB for the install but leave space for saves

How much gb for saves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Received this morning from Mr Postman

Was on pre-order from gamesnash

Installing right now!

Is it sad that I took annual leave from work for this? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

How much gb for saves?

Havent a clue

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

EGriff wrote: »
    Could you post up what games you traded? I'm looking to get rid of a few myself like black ops 2.

272191.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Can anyone answer this for me? I've been reading that Rockstar have advised not to install Disc 2 as it may cause issues with performance, glitching etc.. I jumped the gun and installed Disc 2 last night before hearing this and now I'm wondering if I delete it, will it just play from the disc and act like I never installed it or has the damage been done?

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, wandered into HMV this morning on the way into work, as much idle curiousity as urge to buy the game and sure enough, few copies left over. Even got a free poster, but didn't have room in my bag and was on way into work....

Just have to wait for work to finish now and then off home for some life altering madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

HMV Henry Street has plenty of copies left

Loads available nationwide in Argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Just wondering what places take your old games. I have a few games i would like to trade in to go towards GTA 5? Do Xtravision Blanch do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Loads available nationwide in Argos

No way....surely not!!!! Seems I was right after all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just picked up mine from my local gamestop still a line out the door.

People where panicking over it and where taking 5 or so mins to buy the game

Took me 30 secs .....

Also seen a mother fight with one of the guys working there when he told her you won't get a PS4 for Xmess kept me happy in the line LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Julez

Can anyone answer this for me? I've been reading that Rockstar have advised not to install Disc 2 as it may cause issues with performance, glitching etc.. I jumped the gun and installed Disc 2 last night before hearing this and now I'm wondering if I delete it, will it just play from the disc and act like I never installed it or has the damage been done?

I think it just means some textures may take a little longer to load, if it plays OK for you I wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Just picked up a copy in Xtravision Ashbourne they've loads of non pre ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Little Pea wrote: »
    I like many people here was happy to pre order but as the release day got nearer the price got dearer.

It was a disgraceful practice charging people 65euro for the game. They will NEVER EVER get my business again !

Their 2 queue system was farcial at best. People went to the shortest queue supposed to be for people who queued in the first queue to get a stamp then queued a second time. Some people just queued in the shorter queue and then simply strolled in and got the game no questions while us mugs queued like they asked us to

I had an express pickup on my receipt like no doubt everyone else had but what use it was I don't know.

Happy that I picked up the game, but it was handled a bit all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

You should most certainly uninstall Disc 2 and it will behave like you never installed it, objects popping in too late are the main issues

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Does anyone know if super value are selling it and if they are how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭privilegue

Just went to Smyths - Jervis Str. (Dublin) at around 11 and they still had like 50 copies at least for x360. Just saying there still seems to be a lot of copies floating about. (I had no preorder or reservation either)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You should most certainly uninstall Disc 2 and it will behave like you never installed it, objects popping in too late are the main issues

In case anyone is wondering, this is due to increased throughput of using both the CD and the HDD for random access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

If you want to install both discs, the workaround is to install disc 1 to the HDD as is mandatory, and install the play disc to a USB thumbdrive. This is what I did, no issues and no listening to disc spinning in the drive all the time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Arciphel wrote: »
    If you want to install both discs, the workaround is to install disc 1 to the HDD as is mandatory, and install the play disc to a USB thumbdrive. This is what I did, no issues and no listening to disc spinning in the drive all the time. :)

Usb key do the job?

Usb key do the job?

Sounds like it does the job alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Argos selling out quick!!

Advertisement