Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Went into Argos in Kilkenny they had over 20 copies available for 57.99 on 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Arciphel wrote: »
    If you want to install both discs, the workaround is to install disc 1 to the HDD as is mandatory, and install the play disc to a USB thumbdrive. This is what I did, no issues and no listening to disc spinning in the drive all the time. :)
    Really??? DEfo going to try this out. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Tesco jervis had about 10 Xbox copies left, no ps3. Picked it up in Argos jervis, they had a few left out but if you reserved one its locked away out the back. You have to ask for it.
    What's this with the two disc? Is it only Xbox that has two discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommyboy87

Have an extra Xbox copy reserved in Argos in Galway if anyone needs it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Deisedarren

Bought mine in smyths in waterford not per ordered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Just picked up the last one for Ps3 for €54.99 in Tesco Douglas, Xbox ones were flying off the stand too about 10 left 30 minutes ago,

no games upstairs in the chart section either which i thought was odd, there usually is one or two upstairs, not even a shelf for GTA V they obviously were expecting to sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just picked mine up in xtravision in Ashbourne. Looks like they still have about 10 non preorder copies left.

I've a pre-order for GS Blanch if anyone wants it? €5 paid off it

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just licked mine up in xtravision in Ashbourne. Looks like they still have about 10 non preorder copies left.

I've a pre-order for GS Blanch if anyone wants it? €5 paid off it

Thats taking your excitement of the game to the next level :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Anyone who fully paid off in GameStop get asked to pay extra when they went to pick it up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

My GTAV copy is on its way to my local parcel motel hidey hole! So it was dispatched yesterday and cost 42 euro and 3.50 for PM. 45 quid suits me better than 65!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

antodeco wrote: »
    Thats taking your excitement of the game to the next level :pac:

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

FYI - just to save anyone a trip - Tesco Sligo cleared out on both formats!

Also Argos Sligo only reporting "item can be ordered" for collection late in the week / early next week.

EDIT: Actually.. update on this.. Argos Sligo now reporting 5+ copies for both PS3 and Xbox 360... yet I reserved under the "the 'item can be ordered' for collection later in the week" this morning and they didn't send me any reservation code. Screw that!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭RoboAmish

Picked up my pre-order in the Crescent. I only caught the tail end of his rant but there was a gentleman in front of me yelling at the staff and complaining about the price, calling it a "rip off" and claiming that "it was all a scam". Hope it wasn't one of ye.:pac:

Staff looked very tired in the Crescent... reckon they're in for a looooong day.

Don't tell me you just advertised a real reservation code? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Does anyone know how the Gamesnash orders work? Paid for premium postage to guarantee release day delivery and there's no sign of it yet. Does it come via courier or An Post or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Don't tell me you just advertised a real reservation code? :pac:

here, delete your quote of it, let him edit/delete his post.

Asked the mods to remove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I just walked into a Tesco and bought the game. No reservations, no deposit or months of anticipation:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Thanks for the reservation code, guys....

On my way in to get it right now!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Just got mine from Tesco Crumlin. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Strolled into Harvey Normans in Tralee there at lunch time to pick up my pre-order, staff were very courteous, asking me if I was looking forward to the game, thanking me for the custom, and wishing me well with the game.
    Very pleasant pickup I must say. Kudos to the staff.
    I think they have become the forgotten shop when it comes to games.

Anyway, they took mine (x360 @ €59.99) off the shelf and they looked to have a few more left in there if anyone is looking. Also, Tesco Manor West had around 6-7 x360 and about 4-5 PS3 at 1.30 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Hmv liffey valley had a good stock left as off 15 mins ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the reservation code, guys....

On my way in to get it right now!!!!

Too late bud, just got it

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hatchet

Newaglish wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the Gamesnash orders work? Paid for premium postage to guarantee release day delivery and there's no sign of it yet. Does it come via courier or An Post or what?

Same as you, Signed for/Express. I'm in Harcourt Street and still no sign of it.... I got a NightLine tracking number from the original order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

I just got a copy and I have a reservation code for Argos (Jervis Street). PM me if you want it. Mods, is this ok to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Any word for places in Mallow. Must get a copy after work if they're available.
    I'll be wrecked now for the rest of the week. Going to be addicted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Got it in Argos in Tallaght there was a big queue outside Gamestop .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

HMV Henry Street was empty when I walked in, well apart from a mother and a 10 year old buying the game, kept thinking

*dont look judgemental*

*dont look judgemental*

Got offered the free posters and stuff but couldn't take it with me in the rain

IvySlayer wrote: »
    HMV Henry Street was empty when I walked in, well apart from a mother and a 10 year old buying the game, kept thinking

*dont look judgemental*

*dont look judgemental*

Got offered the free posters and stuff but couldn't take it with me in the rain

disapprove-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-341.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I have a few reservation codes for GTA V (Xbox) in the following Argos': Ilac, Omni (both Argos' out there), Blanch and Liffey Valley. If anyone needs one or anything just give us a shout.

Just rang Nightline and was assured I'd have mine today at around 17:30 so won't need them. Not sure if Argos are even honouring the reservations so that's why I put so many in. ;)

Advertisement