Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Just picked up the last PS3 copy in Smyths (Jervis St)

Gamestop, HMV and Argos (Jervis and Ilac) sold out for PS3

Still some copies for Xbox left in Smyths

As of 13:45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Just picked up the last PS3 copy in Smyths (Jervis St)

Gamestop, HMV and Argos (Jervis and Ilac) sold out for PS3

Still some copies for Xbox left in Smyths

As of 13:45

What is the prices for this in most shops? might have a bargain alert if people still waiting to buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

danwhite88 wrote: »
    What is the prices for this in most shops? might have a bargain alert if people still waiting to buy?
    Tesco - €54.99
    Argos - €57.49
    Smyths - €58
    Xtravision - €60
    Gamestop - €65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mine is in PM NI at the moment.
    From past experience they usually don't send a van to Limerick until the early hours of the following morning.
    I definitely won't get it today anyway! Roll on tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Have a reservation code for Argos Blanchardstown West End but wont be out there to collect by tomorrow, will have to wait till the weekend and pick up a copy somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Basq wrote: »
    Tesco - €54.99
    Argos - €57.49
    Smyths - €58
    Xtravision - €60
    Gamestop - €65

HMV is €59

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Tesco - €54.99
    Argos - €57.49
    Smyths - €58
    Xtravision - €60
    Gamestop - €65

Gamestop are the most expensive as usual. Why anyone buys new games there I'll never know. There is always a cheaper alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭finlaycm

Right so I'm a PC gamer, but there is an Xbox somewhere in my house and GTA V has broken me.

Are there any shops in the City centre (Dublin) still selling the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Smyths at Liffey valley had lots of each format left 20 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭finlaycm

Cheers,

But it might as well be on the moon as Liffey valley. I'll go try Gamestop at St Stevens green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

Tesco - €54.99
    Argos - €57.49
    Smyths - €58
    Xtravision - €60
    Gamestop - €65

Wow, these are some ridiculous prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »
    I just got a copy and I have a reservation code for Argos (Jervis Street). PM me if you want it. Mods, is this ok to do?
    Guys I got this code off Paul but never thought of asking was it Xbox or PS3...turns out it was Xbox and I need PS3 so if anyone will use a code for Argos Jervis by COB this evening PM me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

nacho66 wrote: »
    Wow, these are some ridiculous prices

Good thing you don't have to buy it so, seeing as GTA Online is included at no extra cost I think it's really good value on the exception of GameStop. There's is hours and hours of replay value in GTA so over the course of it's lifetime its well worth the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Do the tescos in town sell it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭b_mac

Any place I could get my hands on one for an Xbox in Cork?... boi

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

Loughc wrote: »
    Good thing you don't have to buy it so, seeing as GTA Online is included at no extra cost I think it's really good value on the exception of GameStop. There's is hours and hours of replay value in GTA so over the course of it's lifetime its well worth the price.

It's a tricky argument you just used. Cause there are games with more replay value that never costed that much on release date. This is just stores bumping the price as they assume game will get sold anyway - it's a correct assumption considering the GTA brand and hype

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

danwhite88 wrote: »

How much did you see it for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

kmart6 wrote: »
    Guys I got this code off Paul but never thought of asking was it Xbox or PS3...turns out it was Xbox and I need PS3 so if anyone will use a code for Argos Jervis by COB this evening PM me!
    Code is now gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Went with Amazon and beside them breaking release date, seems they left alot of people in the lurch, no information on mine as of two days : /

Pity as I had a Ps3 copy I could of taken this morning that I turned down , feel like a right tit now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I have a few reservation codes for GTA V (Xbox) in the following Argos': Ilac, Omni (both Argos' out there), Blanch and Liffey Valley. If anyone needs one or anything just give us a shout.

Just rang Nightline and was assured I'd have mine today at around 17:30 so won't need them. Not sure if Argos are even honouring the reservations so that's why I put so many in. ;)

Yeah and you're preventing what 5 other people buying it?

• Advertisement

I have a few reservation codes for GTA V (Xbox) in the following Argos': Ilac, Omni (both Argos' out there), Blanch and Liffey Valley. If anyone needs one or anything just give us a shout.

Just rang Nightline and was assured I'd have mine today at around 17:30 so won't need them. Not sure if Argos are even honouring the reservations so that's why I put so many in. ;)

Why would you prevent other people from reserving the game? Do people honestly think that if you reserve in Argos that they will sell it to someone else the first chance they get? What you did is dickish and selfish as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drenbot1986

anybody no of any in the south dublin area still in stock for the ps3? tried gamestop in bray and dun l, tesco in stilorgan harvey norman in carricmines and xtravision in sandyford.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

anybody no of any in the south dublin area still in stock for the ps3? tried gamestop in bray and dun l, tesco in stilorgan harvey norman in carricmines and xtravision in sandyford.
    Thanks

Call HMV Liffey Valley. Heard they have stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Thanks

Cant find it anywhere on southside. Did harvey norman have any xbox ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭TheKingslayer

price on amazon has shot right back up,thank the Gods I got it for the princely sum of €45.

Special thanks to the lad who helped my brother get it last night due to him being underage.

Not so special thanks to McLove, the man who refused to give a young 16 year old a dig out and purchase his copy for him. Cheers pal.

jd83 wrote: »
    Cant find it anywhere on southside. Did harvey norman have any xbox ones?[/QUOT

they had none at all left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Apt username

(Finally got to be the one to say that :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Done the whole of Dundrum shipping Centre. asked in tesco and your man got me one. They ain't on the shelf but they are there!

YbFocus wrote: »
    Done the whole of Dundrum shipping Centre. asked in tesco and your man got me one. They ain't on the shelf but they are there!

for the ps3? do u no if theres many left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

I can't believe I was worried last night.

There were loads of copies in HMV Henry Street this morning at about 9.30.

Gamestop looked the same.

Advertisement