Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Special thanks to the lad who helped my brother get it last night due to him being underage.
    I'm sending your IP address to the Gardaí as I type..

** knock knock **

That's them now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Obviously we're sitting here with no stock available to sell at all as a genius way of creating more sales. ;) I already explained to you after a previously inaccurate post you made why there would be shortages of this game. I wasn't lying to you. And as I also said before I'm sure there will be some copies floating about early tomorrow but they won't be around for long. Supply has not met demand for this title whatsoever. I'd happily take in 1000 more copies tomorrow but we can't get them.

Turns out Tree was right, also lol for people paying €65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

for the ps3? do u no if theres many left?

I got it for the xbox but there was half a box each, maybe 20?
    Nobody knows without asking at customer service though so if your there soon you should be ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drenbot1986

YbFocus wrote: »
    I got it for the xbox but there was half a box each, maybe 20?
    Nobody knows without asking at customer service though so if your there soon you should be ok :)

thanks ill give it a shot im only 10min away from there so hopefully traffic ant bad and i get there b4 there sold

thanks ill give it a shot im only 10min away from there so hopefully traffic ant bad and i get there b4 there sold

Ah you'll be fine, just ask at customer service as there is none on the shelf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I can't believe I was worried last night.

There were loads of copies in HMV Henry Street this morning at about 9.30.

Gamestop looked the same.

Really?
    I made up my mind after last night to never go to a midnight launch again but it would seem I and anyone else who only went down to 'secure' a copy got sucked in by the hype machine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

Really?
    I made up my mind after last night to never go to a midnight launch again but it would seem I and anyone else who only went down to 'secure' a copy got sucked in by the hype machine :pac:

I know what you mean, this thread had me so hyped up last night I was seriously considering heading in for midnight and hoping for the best.

I won't be falling for that nonsense again.

Ah you'll be fine, just ask at customer service as there is none on the shelf.

They where on the shelf in tesco in dundrum about 5 or so for xbox and ps3 might also have a few at customer service but not sure.

Thanks again YbFocus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anywhere in South Co Dublin left?

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Anywhere in South Co Dublin left?

They where on the shelf in tesco in dundrum about 5 or so for xbox and ps3 might also have a few at customer service but not sure.

Thanks again YbFocus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

price on amazon has shot right back up,thank the Gods I got it for the princely sum of €45.

Special thanks to the lad who helped my brother get it last night due to him being underage.

Not so special thanks to McLove, the man who refused to give a young 16 year old a dig out and purchase his copy for him. Cheers pal.

You are criticising someone for not breaking the law for a random person? Its an 18 certificate for a reason.

Just utterly unbelievable. Tesco shouldve been more thorough with ID's, I saw them sell it to people who didnt even look 15, never mind 18.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Gamestop cancelled my order. Had a reservation (from another boardsie) for Argos, but didn't make it up in time. Went into Xtra Vision Ballyfermot and theyve a few left on Xbox!! Made my day!! Mixed emotions!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 beaver192

Any copies in Tesco Tallaght and how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

Picked a copy for my mates birthday up in xtravision beside Penny Hill pub in Lucan. The guy said it was for someone's pre-order. But he didn't care as the shop is closing down in a couple of days.
    So sorry if your the one who pre ordered it.
    :-)
    Also picked myself up a Ps3 500gb Gtav bundle in Arogs. Came with 'The Last Of Us' €240. So happy days ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭nacho66

Is there any news on the game going to next gen?

yes, on a PC :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Is there any news on the game going to next gen?

Yes.
    I'm gonna pass it on to my son.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Any left on the shelves anywhere? Preferably West Dublin/Kildare area???

Mr Moon wrote: »

Check argos online for stock man you could be lucky. If not, attack your local tesco, they seem to have got off lightly. For mine around 5 today no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

How long are Gamestop holding pre-orders for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

48 hours from the games release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Might have a spare reservation for Argos Naas tomorrow. PM me tomorrow if you are still looking for a copy.

48 hours from release, so tomorrow night.

Although there are reports of these being handed out today in this thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Check argos online for stock man you could be lucky. If not, attack your local tesco, they seem to have got off lightly. For mine around 5 today no problem.

All local argos's are sold out, so are all local tesco's, xtra visions and every shop near Henry St I tried at lunch today!! Not looking good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 soulsearcher26

xtra vision still say they have extra stock on there facebook page
    should get a copy easy enough seems the panic was for nothing

All local argos's are sold out, so are all local tesco's, xtra visions and every shop near Henry St I tried at lunch today!! Not looking good :(

Think of somewhere that is a bit more obscure, maybe tesco kildare town if your near or something.
    I got a copy in Dundrum tesco there's hope yet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

PM me if you're looking for an Argos reservation code for GTA on 360 in Galway

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Xtra Vision Ballyfermot had some upto 2 hours ago!

48 hours from the games release.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that. It's looking like I'm going to be stranded out in bogland until tomorrow afternoon at least, and as far as I know, Gamestop Stephen's Green is only open until 6. If they are going ahead and selling out some of their pre-order stock, I could be cutting it reeeeeeeeeeeeal close.

Eeeep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

I only pre-ordered XBOX copy in Gamestop stephens green last friday, was told i wouldnt get it until at least thurs and the guy circled the date at the time on the receipt so i wouldn't chance my arm today.

Went in today anyway to chance it about 3pm and got served by a different guy and he just gave me the game.

not sure if this meant they had extra games for pre-order or that there were some cancellations. I was glad anyway as the other guy seemed the more serious of the two!

they were saying to anyone in the queue they don't have any available non-pre-order. after me getting it i wouldn't be leaving it the full 48 hours anyway in case they are giving out pre-order first come first served!

EDIT: just reading they had copies on general sale this morning?! why the BS to me last week about not getting mine until thurs/fri, i nearly didn't go in today. they were sold out of general sale anyway by 3pm. i assume they at least put enough by for all pre-order before going general release, though it is stupid letting people hold games without paying

• Advertisement

srm23 wrote: »
    they were saying to anyone in the queue they don't have any available non-pre-order. after me getting it i wouldn't be leaving it the full 48 hours anyway in case they are giving out pre-order first come first served!

That's what I'm concerned about, and I've known them to do stuff like that before. But I don't think I can make it into town until late in the day, so it'll be touch and go if I get in before they close even.

Drat.

Advertisement