Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iantra

is it for xbox or ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

iantra wrote: »
    is it for xbox or ps3

Sorry should have mentioned, Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

.ak wrote: »
    Sold out in both formats? :(

Seems people like myself who are stuck in work til 5pm are doomed...

Yeah gone in both, tesco seemed to be the last place...

Sorry should have mentioned, Xbox
    Ok thats great I'll take it

Ok thats great I'll take it

I'll PM my details, please don't stalk me, murder me, etc. :p

• Advertisement

I won't ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

rabwaygal wrote: »
    Have a reservation for Argos Galway I won't be using. PM me if you want the code.

Reservation expires at 18:00 today

Xbox 360

Argos Stock Levels (Today @ 15:15)

ARGOS PS3
    GTA5_PS3.png

ARGOS XBOX
    GTA5_XBOX.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

I won't ha ha

Tesco Clearwater have some in stock

Iantra got a copy so the Xbox copy in GS blanch is still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I won't ha ha

... and we never heard from PPPP again....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Have both Xbox and ps3 versions in smyths on Jervis st! Around 30 Xbox and 15 PS copies I'd say....they have a sign on the PlayStation section saying "sold out", but they're not! Just go up to the counter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    Have both Xbox and ps3 versions in smyths on Jervis st! Around 30 Xbox and 15 PS copies I'd say....they have a sign on the PlayStation section saying "sold out", but they're not! Just go up to the counter.

Why are they doing that? Are you just taking the mickey?

Must be nothing worse, having a sign that clearly says one thing and some idiot comes over and ignores it and asked the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yeah, I'm a little worried about that. It's looking like I'm going to be stranded out in bogland until tomorrow afternoon at least, and as far as I know, Gamestop Stephen's Green is only open until 6. If they are going ahead and selling out some of their pre-order stock, I could be cutting it reeeeeeeeeeeeal close.

Eeeep.

Just, for what it's worth - I picked up my preordered copy about forty minutes ago, they did indeed hold plenty of copies for preorders. They're unlikely to have had every one of those people rush in to collect theirs by closing time, so I would say there's a good chance of a few Xbox copies going on sale first thing tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

ooPabsoo wrote: »

Actually forget my last comment. You are correct.Thanks for th tip! 3 left for ps 3. They had a box in this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Why are they doing that? Are you just taking the mickey?

Must be nothing worse, having a sign that clearly says one thing and some idiot comes over and ignores it and asked the question.

It's maddening.

But from experience in an, ahem, similar outlet, I would say that they have somebody telling them to do about 400+ other things first, so taking the sign down is put on the long finger because they only got 15/30 copies and would have to put it back up as soon as they did.

Or they just took down most of the signs and forgot that one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ciarababe9

Hi, does anyone know where I can get GTA 5 cheap than 60 euro in/around cork city? Thanks <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Ciarababe9 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know where I can get GTA 5 cheap than 60 euro in/around cork city? Thanks <3

No idea where they are in relation to Cork City but Argos at Mahon Point and Cork Retail Park both have a few copies at €57.49, or ask at your local tesco (€55). Only places doing it cheaper than €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

Picked my reserved ps3 copy up today at Argos in Arklow (Wicklow) and I heard the guy say after I got it that they had 7 left, even though it said they were out of stock on the Argos site this morning. Just checked the site again and it says there are 2 left lol. They don't last very long anywhere cause I went to Gamestop too and they were sold out. But they were supposed to be getting more in Friday.

Argos and Tesco seem to be the best place to look & they're cheaper than most of the other places.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

I presume its the same in a few countries R* must have made a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭b_mac

Rascasse wrote: »
    No idea where they are in relation to Cork City but Argos at Mahon Point and Cork Retail Park both have a few copies at €57.49, or ask at your local tesco (€55). Only places doing it cheaper than €60.

Just got one there from Douglas tesco, they have 4 left for Xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ciarababe9

Rascasse wrote: »
    Oh okay i guess thats the best deal im gonna get this week :( thank u for the reply btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lovefootball

does anyone know where I can buy GTA in dublin today? Argos is sold out everywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Ciarababe9 wrote: »
    Oh okay i guess thats the best deal im gonna get this week :( thank u for the reply btw ;)

Don't be upset believe me once you get the game that 3.50 Euro extra you had to pay won't matter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andrela

Tesco in Paul Street in cork had about 10 copies of the Xbox version yesterday evening around 6pm.

Anyone got any info on getting a ps3 copy around cork city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

SRFC wrote: »
    I presume its the same in a few countries R* must have made a fortune.

They made $800,000,000 in first day sales!

It's mental really

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/gaming/gta-v-rocks-sales-records-with-800-million-first-day/article14399767/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

13-14 Million copies.

GTA 4 sold that in a year. GTA 5 in just one day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Any reason why Amazon says a week to dispatch? I've rung around GS,Tesco,Argos,Smyths, not a single copy anywhere.

Should I just go with Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    Any reason why Amazon says a week to dispatch? I've rung around GS,Tesco,Argos,Smyths, not a single copy anywhere.

Should I just go with Amazon?
    Well at least you have the time to cancel should you not find a copy in a shop somewhere.

It's a week because they have no more stock. They were cheap for preorders!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

I need to hung deer with a tank dammit.

Advertisement