Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I paid the full 79.99 in Gamestop today for the Special Edition to collect at the midnight launch. Also pre ordered the day one edition of the Xbox One and Battlefield 4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Is there a point at which gamestop will stop taking pre orders?

Also thanks for the info about paying off the balance before the midnigh release, they probably should make that clearer...

I think i saw somewhere that it's a week before the release,i could be talking bollocks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

cena wrote: »
    Tesco direct are selling for 39.99.

It also 8gb install before you play the game
    Just a note, they wont deliver to ROI....

Don't mind the mandatory install, better option than LA Noire's 3 disc system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

Just a note, they wont deliver to ROI...

I did not know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Athlone gamestop are doing a midnight launch.

• Advertisement

Is it possible that there's a recycling centre somewhere that are willing to pay €30 for copies of IV or RDR? Cos otherwise I can't see GameStop making money off this one.

It's really, really stupid, in my opinion. Why bother doing any kind of offer for a game that's gonna sell itself off the shelves anyway? Why voluntarily take a hit on the money you could make off a guaranteed seller? It doesn't make any sense to me. I could understand if it was an unknown game that they accidentally ordered a load of and needed to get rid, but to lose money on V sales is just a very silly thing to do, in my opinion (and that clearly seems to be what they're doing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Is it possible that there's a recycling centre somewhere that are willing to pay €30 for copies of IV or RDR? Cos otherwise I can't see GameStop making money off this one.

It's really, really stupid, in my opinion. Why bother doing any kind of offer for a game that's gonna sell itself off the shelves anyway? Why voluntarily take a hit on the money you could make off a guaranteed seller? It doesn't make any sense to me. I could understand if it was an unknown game that they accidentally ordered a load of and needed to get rid, but to lose money on V sales is just a very silly thing to do, in my opinion (and that clearly seems to be what they're doing).

Was thinking the same thing, the game will sell regardless..feels like Gamestop are leaving a lot of money on the table tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The official brady games guide is a tenner on amazon for those into those sort of things http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0744014670/ref=nosim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

I paid the full 79.99 in Gamestop today for the Special Edition to collect at the midnight launch. Also pre ordered the day one edition of the Xbox One and Battlefield 4.
    i though u where getting a ps4 royal?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Can anyone confirm GameStop are doing trade in 2 games and get it for 9.99?

Any links or info be great thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

naughto wrote: »
    i though u where getting a ps4 royal?

Decided to stay Xbox in the end. You just can't beat that ergonomic controller for my big shovel hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Decided to stay Xbox in the end. You just can't beat that ergonomic controller for my big shovel hands.

The DS4 is actually a tad bigger and chunkier now than the Xbox controller. Only difference now is LS placement. I would have stayed with Xobx myself only for the big changes to the DS design, the DS3 is far too small and light for people with big hands. Can't beat the first Xbox controller, what a beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

pittsburgh wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm GameStop are doing trade in 2 games and get it for 9.99?

Any links or info be great thanks

Yep you can use that deal to get GTA V, confirmed it with gamestop in the crescent limerick yesterday.

I'll be playing on PS3 (I must figure out how to do that whole 'crew' thingymajiggy that was talked about earlier!) and I have to admit, the PS3 Joypad is unbearably bad compared to the 360 one.

I seen on amazon and the likes that you can get adaptors to use a 360 pad on the PS3, but they're not much use apparently (or I'd have gotten one in a heartbeat). Current 360 Joypad is excellent in my opinion.

Is it any two game you can trade in

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Thanks for that will trade in FIFA 13 and just buy a cheap game on the list and trade them in (any cheap games on the list snyone know?)

Buzzing for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

www.gamestop.ie/tradelist

Open the page and give it about 1-2mins to load fully

I traded GTAIV and Red Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Does anyone know if tesco will have this available at midnight in Dundrum? And the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Just preordered from Gamesnash.

I only have one game on that list

wonder would they take my region 1 ds 3d. Only used for five mintues in christmas day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Will they accept the game without the box, I have FIFA 13 and Batman Arkham City without the boxes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

cena wrote: »
    I only have one game on that list

wonder would they take my region 1 ds 3d. Only used for five mintues in christmas day

They'll hardly take a DS thats region is incompatible with the games sold in ireland. It doesn't matter to gamestop if its been used for 5 minutes or 5 months non stop.

a jesus i will miss you my friend as i will be getting the ps4.i will be well in to next yr before i get it

McDermotX wrote: »
    Just preordered from Gamesnash.
    make sure u mail him and tell him your on boards to be the 1st round of deliverys

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Rushden wrote: »
    Will they accept the game without the box, I have FIFA 13 and Batman Arkham City without the boxes?

Not a hope. Trade in's work on the basis they can stick them out on the shelf and resell. Nobody will buy a game without a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

guttenberg wrote: »
    Not a hope. Trade in's work on the basis they can stick them out on the shelf and resell. Nobody will buy a game without a box.

This is a bit of stretch I think alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,035 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Any word if Xtravision are doing midnight releases?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Penn wrote: »

I pre-ordered mine in Xtra-vision Knocklyon and the staff said they think they will be doing a midnight release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Penn wrote: »

Yeah, but only select stores, confirmed at the moment are Ballina, Clondalkin Village, Drogheda, Headford Rd Shopping Centre Galway and Knocklyon.

Advertisement