Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Strituck wrote: »
    Did he do some trade in maybe ?

His soul maybe. GS are the devil :pac: :P

But the game is still priced €64.99 in stores and have been since release so he must have traded in to get the lower price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Did he do some trade in maybe ?

nope, he said that was the price in gamestop (and i asked if it included the €10 he paid for the preorder and he said that the €54 was before the pre order amount was taken off) but i had suspicions he's a bit of a liar! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

hoodwinked wrote: »
    but i had suspicions he's a bit of a liar! :pac:

So do I!

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I shall now begin accepting apologies from all of you who "Thanked" comments made by forum members who said I was talking rubbish about their being loads of games available a week after the launch. As per usual, Im right and its been proven time after time.

Next time, listen to me, because I have the knowledge. Enjoy GTA V friends.

blinkers.jpg

That's it - ignore all the posts over the past few days where people were / are looking for the game and couldn't get a copy. Even the biggest retailer in the world hasn't any copies. Focus on the ones that suit you so you can shout about it. There's a good lad. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

blinkers.jpg

That's it - ignore all the posts over the past few days where people were / are looking for the game and couldn't get a copy. Even the biggest retailer in the world hasn't any copies. Focus on the ones that suit you so you can shout about it. There's a good lad. :)

i went all around dublin on friday in an attempt to get it, finglas, blach, swords (airside and pav) and rang about ten other xtra visions, argos's, gs's etc and couldnt get it.. was gold dust.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

I shall now begin accepting apologies from all of you who "Thanked" comments made by forum members who said I was talking rubbish about their being loads of games available a week after the launch. As per usual, Im right and its been proven time after time.

Next time, listen to me, because I have the knowledge. Enjoy GTA V friends.

You're a bellend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

48.94 on sale on wowhd at the moment. Just ordered and they say its in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Will probably take weeks to arrive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

If you even get it, you'll be waiting at least a month as they are incredibly slow at despatching items.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 certifiable

Does anyone know anywhere where it's available (PS3) in North Dublin at this moment??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

If anyone in the North is still looking for copies, Asda Strabane had quite a few PS3 copies yesterday, probably the same with other Asda stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 certifiable

Does anyone know anywhere where it's available (PS3) in North Dublin at this moment??

Bump..anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Bump..anyone??

single-tumbleweed-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Best bet would be to check Argos stores and try and reserve it. Or maybe call up a few Tescos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Bump..anyone??

Best place to look with be a large Tesco if you have not done so already. Isnt there one in Balbriggan ??

They seem to have a lot of stock. Failing that you cold drive out to Tesco in Naas ( The big one just off the N7 )

Its a bit of a drive ( About 35 mins from Swords ) but they had loads of them yesterday, although I would probably ring before going to make sure.

Hope it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Gamestop in Midleton, Cork have plenty copies anyway. I went on their trade in list last week and had a look what was on it, bought 2 cheap games on that list from ebay for about a tenner each, traded those 2 in yesterday and got GTA V for €10. Altogether including ebay postage GTA V cost me a grand total of €32 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Connorzee wrote: »
    Gamestop in Midleton, Cork have plenty copies anyway. I went on their trade in list last week and had a look what was on it, bought 2 cheap games on that list from ebay for about a tenner each, traded those 2 in yesterday and got GTA V for €10. Altogether including ebay postage GTA V cost me a grand total of €32 :)

Is that you Eddie Hobbs ?:p

Bump..anyone??

try smyths airside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

TheBza wrote: »
    You're a bellend!

Really? Does it. I would love to tell you exactly what you are, but it would be against the charter of the forum. Also, I was making a joke, which is an attempt at humour. I thought I better explain what a joke is seeing as you clearly have difficulty recognising the most obvious ones.

I also apply that to Gamesnash who is frustrated at the fact he has no more copies. I was in Smyths yesterday, sevveral copies on both formats.

@TheBza Next time you feel like insulting posters personally, reconsider your membership here.

blinkers.jpg

Im just looking at all the posts from plenty of people who have seen several copies. I didnt post that, others did. I saw plenty on both formats in Smyths. I was in Tesco 3 days ago and someone in front of me bought one too.

Just because you dont have any copies doesnt mean others do not. But hey, just you focus on the ones that dont have it, there's a good kid.

• Advertisement

Just in the event that somebody is struggling to find a copy because they dont have transport to go looking. Boards sister site adverts has about 20 copies for sale, and not at inflated prices either. Mainly from people who had two copies etc etc.

Here is a link.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_gta+v/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know where would be the cheapest place to get it in the vicinity of Grafton St. Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Anyone know where would be the cheapest place to get it in the vicinity of Grafton St. Dublin?

hqdefault.jpg

:P (on a proper note i didnt find it in stock in the area and ordered off cdwow...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Is that you Eddie Hobbs ?:p

I did Economics in college, im brainwashed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

:P (on a proper note i didnt find it in stock in the area and ordered off cdwow...)

I went into gamestop in Stephens Green and got it, apparently they just got new stock in this morning and it's nearly gone again. Bit pissed I paid 65 for it but I'd rather not have to order online and wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,694 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I went into gamestop in Stephens Green and got it, apparently they just got new stock in this morning and it's nearly gone again. Bit pissed I paid 65 for it but I'd rather not have to order online and wait?

So you are not pissed off it cost you €65 as the extra cost was worth it compared to the time loss due to online.

You knew you could get it cheaper but decided to pay the 'premium' for the faster access. Gamestop seem to have got the price perfect if that is the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭Plastik

All the GameStops are showing as having it currently In Stock if you use the store availability check actually. No idea how accurate it is.

I was making a joke, which is an attempt at humour.
    no you weren't!
    I was in Smyths yesterday, sevveral copies on both formats.
    big difference between yesterday and last Thursday / Friday, when most of us were stuck.
    @TheBza Next time you feel like insulting posters personally, reconsider your membership here.
    you dont own boards?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Bit pissed I paid 65 for it but I'd rather not have to order online and wait?

You can add a few quid to that if this end up a reality, online micro transactions!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-25-grand-theft-auto-online-micro-transaction-pack-prices-revealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 art1emma

Incase anyone is stuck & still looking for it. I purchased it yesterday on Smyths toyshop website & it was delivered this morning.

Advertisement