Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Full List of GameStop Midnight Launch Stores

• Fairgreen Shopping Centre, Carlow
    • Cavan
    • Liffey Street, Dublin
    • St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre, Dublin
    • Henry Street, Dublin
    • Ennis
    • Blackpool Shopping Centre, Cork
    • Douglas Court Shopping Centre, Cork
    • Mallow
    • Ballincollig
    • Market Green Shopping Centre, Cork
    • Patrick Street, Cork
    • Letterkenny
    • Tralee
    • Killarney
    • Naas
    • Bray
    • Wexford
    • Gorey
    • Athlone
    • Mullingar
    • Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, Dublin
    • Square Shopping Centre, Dublin
    • Dungarvan Shopping Centre, Dungarvan, Wexford
    • Clonmel
    • Nenagh
    • City Square Shopping Centre, Waterford
    • Tullamore
    • Sligo
    • Rathmines
    • Dun Laoghaire
    • Donaghmede
    • Clarehall Shopping Centre, Dublin
    • Santry
    • Pavilions Shopping Centre, Dublin
    • Charlestown Shopping Centre, Dublin
    • Navan Shopping Centre, Navan
    • Ballina
    • Castlebar
    • Dundalk
    • Courtyard Shopping Centre, Newbridge
    • Market Cross Shopping Centre, Kilkenny
    • Lyster Square Shopping Centre, Portlaoise
    • Cresent Shopping Centre, Limerick
    • Parkway Shopping Centre, Limerick
    • Longford
    • Drogheda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

How can Donaghmede open at midnight seeing as it's in the shopping center that will be closed by 9. Are the security staff going to open the main doors just for Gamestop to sell GTA5.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

As things stand we're still selling day 1 stock. Should still be ok next week but if we are anywhere close to running out I will post up here with a warning.

As promised !

We're expecting to close off pre orders for this on PS3 over the weekend. Xbox we expect to still be ok into next week but PS3 is more than likely going to run out if current patterns continue.

We're trying to get our hands on more stock so the above may change but for the moment I can't guarantee stock past this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

xtravision kells say its a definite so do there navan store , head office say they will release info on social media when they know

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

how soon before release do games retailers receive the games they order?
    just curious

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

how soon before release do games retailers receive the games they order?
    just curious

Depends on the game / publisher. Anything from 1 week before to 1 day before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Depends on the game / publisher. Anything from 1 week before to 1 day before release.
    thanks, to bad I don't have the money to bribe you into an early copy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MrQuack

Hi guys, I'm wondering if you preorder GTA V in a gamestop that is holding a midnight launch but do not attend the launch will your copy still be available to collect the next morning?

Anyone had any experience with this or is it first come first serve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

MrQuack wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm wondering if you preorder GTA V in a gamestop that is holding a midnight launch but do not attend the launch will your copy still be available to collect the next morning?

Anyone had any experience with this or is it first come first serve?

I asked Gamestop that during the week and they said if you have it pre-ordered and pay it off before release date they will hold the copy for you. Was only asking as I can't decide myself if I want to go to midnight launch or just get it when they open on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Arklow gamestop won't open?!?!?!? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

I've still not done anything about getting the game. Would love to go to a midnight launch. But amazon been cheaper has me messed up

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Gamestop will hold pre-ordered games for a minimum of 48 hours after release. After that point, if free-sale stock is getting low, staff will usually try to contact customers to see if/when they're going to collect before selling any reserved games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Liam90 wrote: »
    Arklow gamestop won't open?!?!?!? :mad:

It should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Decided to wait until mid October to get GTA V, the hype'll be over and a reasonable judgement can be made if it's actually better than GTA IV. Higher chance of a few secondhand copies knocking around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Decided to wait until mid October to get GTA V, the hype'll be over and a reasonable judgement can be made if it's actually better than GTA IV. Higher chance of a few secondhand copies knocking around too.

Your a better man than me! Couldn't hack that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

My goldfish knows it will be better than GTA IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Played it last night and really didn't enjoy it as much as before...I think its failings are more evident now after I had some time to stand back from it. No doubt in my mind that V will be better than IV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Your chance of getting 2nd hand copies in October with GTA Online activating on October 1st are between extremely slim and none.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The "hype" will be far from over in mid october, as GTA online will just have launched which is shaping up to be immense. Also, any second hand copies that happen to be traded in, will either be snapped up by staff or gone within a couple of hours of going on the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What's a few weeks difference going to make? and at best a 2nd hand copy would be a fiver cheaper than a full price one. If it's good it's good if not then no amount of hype will change that. It already looks far more fun than GTAIV and that's all I want, fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

OMG in Galway (The old Zhivago) are giving away a copy on their Facebook. Say they're selling it but no details about price or midnight opening yet.

Linky Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Tinie wrote: »
    The "hype" will be far from over in mid october, as GTA online will just have launched which is shaping up to be immense. Also, any second hand copies that happen to be traded in, will either be snapped up by staff or gone within a couple of hours of going on the shelf.

In fairness it is for sale on the PSN network, albeit for 5-10 more, anyone that has a credit card and the internet should have no issues buying the game. So Gamestop may run out but there will be still plenty digital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Does anywhere online have stock of the special or collector editions? Don't normally go for them but wouldn't mind it for this. Amazon, GS and Gamesnash don't seem to have any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

As promised !

We're expecting to close off pre orders for this on PS3 over the weekend. Xbox we expect to still be ok into next week but PS3 is more than likely going to run out if current patterns continue.

We're trying to get our hands on more stock so the above may change but for the moment I can't guarantee stock past this.

Hi Pat, is that still holding up? Just wondering if I put in an order for a ps3 copy tomorrow (Friday) would I still get it shipped for release day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Does anywhere online have stock of the special or collector editions? Don't normally go for them but wouldn't mind it for this. Amazon, GS and Gamesnash don't seem to have any.

Gamestop still have the special editions. xbox ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Haven't really been gaming that much in the past 3 or 4 years. Only really played FIFA. So I've completely missed all the GTA V buzz and hype. Anyway, I just checked out some gameplay footage on YouTube... I think I done a little sex pee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/gta-midnight

List of all the Xtravisions opening at Midnight and opening at 8am on the Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Tuesday at 8am, not Wednesday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Tuesday at 8am, not Wednesday :)

Exactly and I made this mistake too for some reason, the midnight Launch will be on Monday Night, not Tuesday.

Advertisement