Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Midnight launches and Prices

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Furp wrote: »
    Exactly and I made this mistake too for some reason, the midnight Launch will be on Monday Night, not Tuesday.

Imagine turning up to a store Tuesday night around 11:30pm, noticing no one else is around, then realising that it was the night before the game was released? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭cena

Has anyone asked in tesco what price they well be selling the game.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

JohnK wrote: »
    Hi Pat, is that still holding up? Just wondering if I put in an order for a ps3 copy tomorrow (Friday) would I still get it shipped for release day?

Yeah we're good ! It also looks like we are getting a slightly increased allocation too so that's going to be a help. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Splendid, just put in an order there so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Hi Guys,

I've never been to a midnight launch, so a few questions
    What time should i actually get there at?
    I've only put a fiver on the pre-order. Do i have to pay off the balance to get it at midnight, i read that no money will be exchanged ??

I also got the special edition, and i'm kinda worried the amount of stock for the SE will be even lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I've never been to a midnight launch, so a few questions
    What time should i actually get there at?
    I've only put a fiver on the pre-order. Do i have to pay off the balance to get it at midnight, i read that no money will be exchanged ??

I also got the special edition, and i'm kinda worried the amount of stock for the SE will be even lower.

Realistically, you should be there at 10 or 10:30. Then you can pay off the rest of it and queue then. You'll have to present your receipt and then you'll get your game.

Realistically, you should be there at 10 or 10:30. Then you can pay off the rest of it and queue then. You'll have to present your receipt and then you'll get your game.

Is anyone really planning to queue up? :confused:

Would it not make more sense to pay it all off before the 17th ever comes around, and then roll up to Gamestop or XtraVision or whatever, at 12:15 or 12:20 and pop in, get your copy, and head off to get a good nights sleep? ( :pac: )

Speaking of Midnight release though, a co-worker has let me down and now I'm working the Tuesday and Wednesday. So I'm not sure if the best thing to do is to..

1. Go to midnight release, play the game for 4-5 hours, get 2-3 hours sleep and go to work knackered tired.

or

2. Go to bed early on the Monday (to resist the temptation of a midnight release) and avoid the internet in work the next day, and collect it on the way home to play it all evening.

I'm really unsure. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Would it not make more sense to pay it all off before the 17th ever comes around, and then roll up to Gamestop or XtraVision or whatever, at 12:15 or 12:20 and pop in, get your copy, and head off to get a good nights sleep? ( :pac: )

I paid mine off in full and will probably head into town about 10pm and just go to a pub near Gamestop and keep an eye on the queue. If it gets too long I'll get in it. Good nights sleep? Ha I'll be up until 8 or 9am playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I am, now that I have a free year, I've the opportunity to do it for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I am not queuing, i will take a drive to GameStop after 12 and if they are queued out the door I will just head home and grab it in the morning! We have waited like 3 years for this game, what is an extra 9 hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

ill land down at 10 to 12 pay off what i owe and then go home an have a rattle at it for a few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Speaking of Midnight release though, a co-worker has let me down and now I'm working the Tuesday and Wednesday. So I'm not sure if the best thing to do is to..

1. Go to midnight release, play the game for 4-5 hours, get 2-3 hours sleep and go to work knackered tired.

or

2. Go to bed early on the Monday (to resist the temptation of a midnight release) and avoid the internet in work the next day, and collect it on the way home to play it all evening.

I'm really unsure. :(

3. Go to the launch then start off the installation and go to bed, you'll have the Game installed ready to play when you get home after work with no waiting.

Varik wrote: »
    3. Go to the launch then start off the installation and go to bed, you'll have the Game installed ready to play when you get home after work with no waiting.

Ye that's what I was thinking , get the game , install it and go to bed , that'll be hard but you can rush home then after work

brother is letting me trade in one of his games. Can i do this trade some time during the week with gamestop.

Well i been safe to get the game pre ordered than?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

cena wrote: »
    brother is letting me trade in one of his games. Can i do this trade some time during the week with gamestop.

Well i been safe to get the game pre ordered than?

You should be fine to trade in this week but you'd probably be better off going for the 2 trade ins offer if you can and get it for 10 euro.

I'm not sure if just having it pre ordered will guarantee a copy as there's likely to be quite a few people ahead of you on that front. I paid my pre order off completely on Thursday evening and was told my copy will be held even if I don't go to midnight launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

naughto wrote: »
    ill land down at 10 to 12 pay off what i owe and then go home an have a rattle at it for a few hours

But will you play the game at all ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Half tempted to pre-order this and get it at the midnight launch.

DarkJager wrote: »
    You should be fine to trade in this week but you'd probably be better off going for the 2 trade ins offer if you can and get it for 10 euro.

I'm not sure if just having it pre ordered will guarantee a copy as there's likely to be quite a few people ahead of you on that front. I paid my pre order off completely on Thursday evening and was told my copy will be held even if I don't go to midnight launch.

it is the two game offer i well doing. It could be friday before I can get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Did someone say you can trade in one game and get it for €40?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Did someone say you can trade in one game and get it for €40?

You could buy the games cheaper.I see GTA liberty city stories in gamestop last week 2 for €30

Buy them trade in on release of GTAV for €10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Do Xtravision allow you to trade in off pre orders or is it just GameStop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭naughto

But will you play the game at all ?
    ill have a rattle at my self 1st then play the game:pac::pac:

My plan is paying it off Monday DAY then heading to the midnight launch around 11ish, my worry is they wont have enough stock for even the pre orders so i'm getting in as early as possible.

So even if there is two queues for paying and collecting i'll be in the right one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

If gamestop can't honour all the pre bookings things could get nasty

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

GAMESNASH

Normal Edition - €54.99 (Boards Pre-Order Special Offer) / €57.49 In-store
    Collectors Edition - €TBC ***Out of Stock***

Boards Pre-Order Special Offer? how does one avail of this and how does xbox360 stock look for day 1 release at present?

dave1982 wrote: »

I can see this happening, They've handing out preorders like nothing, i was expecting them to say sorry we've run out when i got mine last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

dave1982 wrote: »

I was told when I paid mine off last week that I'm guaranteed a copy to be held in store even if I don't go to midnight launch. For people who have only pre ordered with outstanding amounts left to pay on the game, I'd imagine it's going to be a first come first served deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

slade_x wrote: »
    Boards Pre-Order Special Offer? how does one avail of this and how does xbox360 stock look for day 1 release at present?
    Send Pat from Gamesnash a PM with your order number in it. He'll make sure it's sent out in the first batch.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=141237

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

mmmm I still need to pre order this! must get on it today. Is there anyway I can pre order online and collect in store somewhere??

Advertisement