Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General/Random Chit-Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Why are we discussing what is happening in the United Kingdom when this tread has to do with the Kingdom of Kerry :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Am in Derrynane at the moment and I just witnessed the Rescue Service at work rescuing a fisherman from a stricken boat and the Rescue Helicopter bringing him to hospital.

One has to admire and thank the men and women of all rescue services who give their time in the service of us all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

newman10 wrote: »
    Am in Derrynane at the moment and I just witnessed the Rescue Service at work rescuing a fisherman from a stricken boat and the Rescue Helicopter bringing him to hospital.

One has to admire and thank the men and women of all rescue services who give their time in the service of us all

The rescue service in ballybunion saved two children in one rescue on Sunday.

In the following hours they rescued a further two people.

All these people volunteer there services, so if ye see a collection throw them a few euro.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

heard helicopter for a while this evening, so wonder was it bringing them to the hospital? its a really loud helicopter, very powerful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Sorry folks, but this is great news, a future heir to the throne has been secured!

:)

Another social welfare scrounger par excellence has been born I think is what you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

kn wrote: »
    Another social welfare scrounger par excellence has been born I think is what you mean.

Whomever announced this news of the Royal baby on this thread?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

kn wrote: »

I would suggest that you read up on how the Royal Family is financed, and what in turn is provided to the Treasury in the UK from revenue from the Crown Estate, which was surrendered by the Royal Family in years past, before you engage in further displays of, to put it bluntly, ignorance, on this matter.

I have provided a link to an article on this for your perusal.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

I just heard that another murder has been committed,in the rathmore area this time. Awful news seems to be never ending.

groovie wrote: »
    I would suggest that you read up on how the Royal Family is financed, and what in turn is provided to the Treasury in the UK from revenue from the Crown Estate, which was surrendered by the Royal Family in years past, before you engage in further displays of, to put it bluntly, ignorance, on this matter.

I have provided a link to an article on this for your perusal.

Well done!:)

ciaeim wrote: »
    I just heard that another murder has been committed,in the rathmore area this time. Awful news seems to be never ending.

Shocking!

• Advertisement

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Prince Phillip would be worth the fee alone, the things he comes out with. That fella should have his own show!

Speaking of a fella, has your cat been found yet?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Speaking of a fella, has your cat been found yet?:)

No :( Hes gone a month now so not holding out much hope. We took him in as a stray a couple of years back and wherever he came from he was mistreated id say because most of teeth were missing and he was cautious of us. Theres loads of strays hanging around the place so thinking they might have frightened him off. Still hoping somebody took him in and is taking care of him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No :( Hes gone a month now so not holding out much hope. We took him in as a stray a couple of years back and wherever he came from he was mistreated id say because most of teeth were missing and he was cautious of us. Theres loads of strays hanging around the place so thinking they might have frightened him off. Still hoping somebody took him in and is taking care of him...

Can you throw up a pic of him? there's loads of strays near my place and I think he turned up near me last time

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

does anyone know whether is ok for someone to keep a load of puppies in small cages inside a van which is parked in their driveway?
    Just spotted this in my neighbourhood and to be honest, I can't see how its right? seems cruel!? is it worth reporting, and to whom?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    does anyone know whether is ok for someone to keep a load of puppies in small cages inside a van which is parked in their driveway?
    Just spotted this in my neighbourhood and to be honest, I can't see how its right? seems cruel!? is it worth reporting, and to whom?

That doesnt seem right tbh. Id say contact AHAR theyre based in Killarney. (086) 107 6729

Can you throw up a pic of him? there's loads of strays near my place and I think he turned up near me last time

Trying to find my connector for my camera to upload a pic but will as soon as I can, where are you based? You can PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Trying to find my connector for my camera to upload a pic but will as soon as I can, where are you based? You can PM me
    Sent you a pm there earlier

Hope he turns up soon.

Sincerely,

Del

Gosh, that is shocking. Poor puppies must be dehydrated in this weather. Should be prosecuted.

Gosh, that is shocking. Poor puppies must be dehydrated in this weather. Should be prosecuted.

I emailed the Kerry county council dog warden (as it was after 5pm), so hopefully someone will pick up the email and check it out.

• Advertisement

I emailed the Kerry county council dog warden (as it was after 5pm), so hopefully someone will pick up the email and check it out.

Sounds like some sort of puppy farm ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sounds like some sort of puppy farm ?

Im just wondering would they be stolen dogs. A workmate had a lovely dog stolen from he's yard last week in killarney.

It might be worth asking the guards to check it out!

Im just wondering would they be stolen dogs. A workmate had a lovely dog stolen from he's yard last week in killarney.

It would be interesting to check dog breed with Dogs for sale in Kerry on Done Deal???

not sure, I would think its more he's breeding them, but its the way they are being kept I don't like.
    I wouldn't mind, but I'm not a fan of dogs/pets, but having them locked up in small cages inside a van all day is going a bit far!

not sure, I would think its more he's breeding them, but its the way they are being kept I don't like.
    I wouldn't mind, but I'm not a fan of dogs/pets, but having them locked up in small cages inside a van all day is going a bit far!

Any idea of breed?

Not a big pet fan either, outrageous keeping dogs locked in van during this warm weather.

I hope a genuine dog breeder would take better care, of course I could be wrong.:confused:

Any idea of breed?

Not a big pet fan either, outrageous keeping dogs locked in van during this warm weather.

I hope a genuine dog breeder would take better care, of course I could be wrong.:confused:

no idea, I wouldn't have much of a clue as to breeds. The house is a few houses away from mine so not close enough to see exactly what they look like or if they are ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

no idea, I wouldn't have much of a clue as to breeds. The house is a few houses away from mine so not close enough to see exactly what they look like or if they are ok!

Is that the nice Korean family in Oakpark?

Lelantos wrote: »

Korean??

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

Lelantos wrote: »

are they the same korean family with the restaurant in rock street?

• Advertisement

are they the same korean family with the restaurant in rock street?

:confused: is there a link between the dogs and the restaurant?..:confused:

Advertisement