Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General/Random Chit-Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

:confused: is there a link between the dogs and the restaurant?..:confused:

It's an underhand racist comment Del.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Sorry, I did not wish to offend anyone:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Lelantos wrote: »
    Is that the nice Korean family in Oakpark?

A very racist comment bud

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

are they the same korean family with the restaurant in rock street?

No, fella. Not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

whats the story with the new road, somebody here said thursday, theres two thursdays gone now and there still teasing us.

• Advertisement

groovie wrote: »
    No, fella. Not cool.

no it wasnt, sorry folks.

No, fella. Not cool.

Sorry folks:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Sorry folks:confused:

It wasn't you man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

whats the story with the new road, somebody here said thursday, theres two thursdays gone now and there still teasing us.

It won't be opened till after the festival, the safety wire seems to be causing a few delays. I'm sure Carcheologist will have the full facts in here!

It won't be opened till after the festival, the safety wire seems to be causing a few delays. I'm sure Carcheologist will have the full facts in here!

i cant believe there going using safety wire, why cant they use the metal barrieres, less chance of losing a limb if a motorcyclist gets pushed in to one anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

i cant believe there going using safety wire, why cant they use the metal barrieres, less chance of losing a limb if a motorcyclist gets pushed in to one anyway.

Ya it seems highly dangerous. Even to crash into it in a car would do serious damage I'd say.

Probably down to cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

are they the same korean family with the restaurant in rock street?

I thought they were Chinese.

Lelantos wrote: »
    Is that the nice Korean family in Oakpark?
    adam88 wrote: »
    I thought they were Chinese.

Alright put it to bed already

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Hey Hey I thought there were warnings about back-seat moderation in here ?

Nothing racist about that, go to a market in Korea and you can buy a doggie [or bits of one] for your din dins.

Koreans do of course also keep dogs as as pets, it's much the same as the way some of you might have a gold fish as a pet but enjoy battered cod.

I am making no comment about the specific case referred to as I have no idea about it, just standing up for an innocent mon.
    Sully34 wrote: »
    A very racist comment bud
    No, fella. Not cool.
    no it wasnt, sorry folks.

kingdumb wrote: »

Nothing racist about that, go to a market in Korea and you can buy a doggie [or bits of one] for your din dins.

Koreans do of course also keep dogs as as pets, it's much the same as the way some of you might have a gold fish as a pet but enjoy battered cod.

I am making no comment about the specific case referred to as I have no idea about it, just standing up for an innocent mon.

How can you say "I am making no comment about the specific case referred to as I have no idea about it" and then say your standing up for an "innocent mon".

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    does anyone know whether is ok for someone to keep a load of puppies in small cages inside a van which is parked in their driveway?
    Just spotted this in my neighbourhood and to be honest, I can't see how its right? seems cruel!? is it worth reporting, and to whom?

This should bring you up to speed. Is this the way its done in Korea?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I'm slightly confused now! No idea how my query about the dogs started this one off....and I'm staying way out of it!

I'm slightly confused now! No idea how my query about the dogs started this one off....and I'm staying way out of it!

We have travelled from Oakpark to Korea in about 10 posts. Magic of the internet!

The very same, I will refrain from posting a link, but feel free to stick 'korean dog market' into a Google image search...

The very same, I will refrain from posting a link, but feel free to stick 'korean dog market' into a Google image search...

Nah will take your word for it lad. Enjoy your grub

• Advertisement

In just the same way as I would refrain from commenting on whether a specific French person [whom I have no knowledge of] with a horse is interested in ate'in or ridin', but will stand up for the person accused of racism for merely suggesting the former.

someone
    How can you say "I am making no comment about the specific case referred to as I have no idea about it" and then say your standing up for an "innocent mon".

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Esmeralda34

does anyone know whether is ok for someone to keep a load of puppies in small cages inside a van which is parked in their driveway?
    Just spotted this in my neighbourhood and to be honest, I can't see how its right? seems cruel!? is it worth reporting, and to whom?

Hi Ciarrai

That is absolutely appalling. I've read that you're not into pets yourself, so fair dues for posting this.
    My sincere advice would be to contact AHAR, as a previous poster advised. Suzanne Gibbons is a miracle worker (I have my own sprollie due to her). I may be speaking out of order here, but I would only involve the dog warden if all other efforts fail. Just that there is a possibility that most of the pups might be put to sleep if taken to the pound. Poor little things...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Hi Ciarrai

That is absolutely appalling. I've read that you're not into pets yourself, so fair dues for posting this.
    My sincere advice would be to contact AHAR, as a previous poster advised. Suzanne Gibbons is a miracle worker (I have my own sprollie due to her). I may be speaking out of order here, but I would only involve the dog warden if all other efforts fail. Just that there is a possibility that most of the pups might be put to sleep if taken to the pound. Poor little things...

Agree about contacting AHAR first, they deal with this kind of thing on a weekly basis and will go above and beyond to help, you only have to look at their facebook page. I d say try ringing them again today, poor pups

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Agree about contacting AHAR first, they deal with this kind of thing on a weekly basis and will go above and beyond to help, you only have to look at their facebook page. I d say try ringing them again today, poor pups

Very sad indeed. Defenceless little animals. Owner of van should be locked in van and made sweat it out for a few days. Sadly he is unlikely to get a custodial sentence, a mere fine and a slap on the wrist.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi Ciarrai

I did contact AHAR and they advised to contact the pound. I noticed this morning the van was gone...which is very strange as it is ALWAYS there, never moves! Bit suspicious now!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I did contact AHAR and they advised to contact the pound. I noticed this morning the van was gone...which is very strange as it is ALWAYS there, never moves! Bit suspicious now!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have been infiltrated.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have been infiltrated.

Guess he has gone to meet a potential foolish punter at some roadside or car park.

There are lots of puppies for sale on Done Deal. That is not a reflection on the website, however I suspect there are unscrupulous so called dog breeders operating throughout the country.

Petrol prices are hopping around all over the place.

Mrs Del bought petrol in Statoil at Mounthawk 2 days ago @ 160.9

Side note A magnum ice cream was €2.65 in Statoil €1.80 elsewhere!

I have been watching this outlet with interest where the price not only changes daily , but on several times each day.

I bought petrol in Texaco Blennerville yesterday @ 157.9

Mrs Del bought petrol again @ 159.9 today in Statoil

I spotted petrol in the Inver garage on the Killorglin Road last week @ 153.9. I think they are now 157.9

There are similar fluctuations in diesel prices.

There is no logic to what is going on other than price gouging , and greed by certain stations, I guess the Statoil has a lot of passing trade enroute to Banna Beach over the last few weeks.

Anyone else noticed fluctuations on fuel prices?

Buyer beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭shergar22

Petrol prices are hopping around all over the place.

Mrs Del bought petrol in Statoil at Mounthawk 2 days ago @ 160.9

Side note A magnum ice cream was €2.65 in Statoil €1.80 elsewhere!

I have been watching this outlet with interest where the price not only changes daily , but on several times each day.

I bought petrol in Texaco Blennerville yesterday @ 157.9

Mrs Del bought petrol again @ 159.9 today in Statoil

I spotted petrol in the Inver garage on the Killorglin Road last week @ 153.9. I think they are now 157.9

There are similar fluctuations in diesel prices.

There is no logic to what is going on other than price gouging , and greed by certain stations, I guess the Statoil has a lot of passing trade enroute to Banna Beach over the last few weeks.

Anyone else noticed fluctuations on fuel prices?

Buyer beware!

I think that the Statoil at Mounthawk and the McDonalds one have their prices linked.

• Advertisement

shergar22 wrote: »
    I think that the Statoil at Mounthawk and the McDonalds one have their prices linked.

Quite possibly. Though I think the Statoil at McDonalds come under pressure price wise from Kelloil and Joe O'Connor /Esso at weekends.

For years, when in Kerry I used Statoil at Mounthawk, though I became very wary of them last Summer. Essentially I was leaving Tralee on a Sunday Morning, I called into buy petrol at the price shown on the Display Signage.

When I filled up my car at the price quoted on the pump display, which indeed matched the Roadside Signage, a staff member came rushing towards me yelling that the price had Increased At this stage there was no price showing on the Roadside display unit.

Needless to say I did not pay the increased price per litre, as I promptly advised them I would take whatever legal action necessary to remedy the situation. Both the staff member and Manager seemed somewhat shocked that their authority was being questioned.

Yesterday, I noticed that the Display sign on the Ballyheigue Road was showing 160.9 while the Sign on the Fenit road was not showing any price at all. Perhaps it was free !D

The Statoil in Manor is an absolute nightmare to drive into. Firstly there is the Statoil traffic, McDonald's traffic, cars cutting across the Service Station forecourt coming from the shop units near Seamus O'Sullivan.

In addition there are the supergurriers in their crappy little Hondas whizzing in and out. It appears to be a meet up point for those assholes, who think they are driving and refuelling Grand Prix style.:cool:

Advertisement