Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General/Random Chit-Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Definitely the place to bring the Crazed Eastern European Ladies with dubious morals.:D I' m sure the girls could brighten up the place and increase the number of patrons!

Yes....Yes they most certainly would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Clearly you have never frequented "Cafe Delights".

Quite a fine dining experience that is..........:rolleyes:

I did say greasy....not manky ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Lelantos wrote: »
    I did say greasy....not manky ;)

With all that grease and hot chicks maybe they could install a pole dancing pole. Defo increase footfall. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

There is a Clairvoyants Fair on in Manor Hotel tomorrow!

Witchcraft!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

With all that grease and hot chicks maybe they could install a pole dancing pole. Defo increase footfall. :)

Chicks, hot and spicy!:D

• Advertisement

Best petrol price in Tralee today 157.9 Esso, Nolan's & Joe 0'Connors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Best petrol price in Tralee today 157.9 Esso, Nolan's & Joe 0'Connors

It was my first time getting diesel in Joe o Connors last week for years. Have to say, it looks like I'm going to get an extra 90-100 km to a full tank of diesel compared to the weeks before.

I keep track on my miles to litres of diesel each week.

It was my first time getting diesel in Joe o Connors last week for years. Have to say, it looks like I'm going to get an extra 90-100 km to a full tank of diesel compared to the weeks before.

I keep track on my miles to litres of diesel each week.

Interesting Michael , both Nolan's and O'Connors have been rebranded Esso. Tbh I don't keep a record , but thought I got more mpg on last fill up in O'Connors Esso.

Some years ago Esso made a decision to close their outlets around the country and concentrate their efforts in Greater Dublin area.

In the last year or so they appear to have rethought their plans, now there are two Esso stations again in Tralee.

I noticed some sort of advertising on the pumps promoting more mpg, or something to that effect.

I like both filling stations, though have a preference for Nolans who have forecourt staff who pump the petrol. It is very easy after a hard day or long journey to fill the car with diesel or petrol in error! In addition they keep the flow of cars moving.

O'Connors forecourt is small and cramped, invariably a lady in front will decide to do her shopping in the Spar mini market before paying for her petrol and block up the place.

It would be interesting to hear comments from other Boardsies:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Interesting Michael , both Nolan's and O'Connors have been rebranded Esso. Tbh I don't keep a record , but thought I got more mpg on last fill up in O'Connors Esso.

Some years ago Esso made a decision to close their outlets around the country and concentrate their efforts in Greater Dublin area.

In the last year or so they appear to have rethought their plans, now there are two Esso stations again in Tralee.

I noticed some sort of advertising on the pumps promoting more mpg, or something to that effect.

I like both filling stations, though have a preference for Nolans who have forecourt staff who pump the petrol. It is very easy after a hard day or long journey to fill the car with diesel or petrol in error! In addition they keep the flow of cars moving.

O'Connors forecourt is small and cramped, invariably a lady in front will decide to do her shopping in the Spar mini market before paying for her petrol and block up the place.

It would be interesting to hear comments from other Boardsies:)

one of my bug bears is people who take their sweet time in a forecourt and go inside browsing around the shop etc! I witnessed a guy just park his car in front of a pump in Apple Green one day, but he wasn't getting petrol, he went inside and was getting coffee etc. Idiot!
    We use Nolan's, Niall is a lovely man and has a well run business.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    one of my bug bears is people who take their sweet time in a forecourt and go inside browsing around the shop etc! I witnessed a guy just park his car in front of a pump in Apple Green one day, but he wasn't getting petrol, he went inside and was getting coffee etc. Idiot!
    We use Nolan's, Niall is a lovely man and has a well run business.

Yes it has all the hallmarks of a well run business. The ladies and gentlemen working in Nolan's are extremely friendly and courteous. I don't know Niall, but I guess his staff are a reflection of himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 murphy05

I was in the forecourt in Cahersalee last year. Got diesel, moved the car to free up pump. Got given out to by the assistant for moving car. Car was to remain in place until paid for!!
    Can't win by doing the right thing.

I go to topaz more a less every Monday morning to fill the tank for the week and every Monday I meet the same fella parked beside a pump, never gets fuel but instead scoffs his face and reads the paper, and when there is a pump space not available he parks in front of the service station.

I drive past every morning and the same car is parked always beside a pump.
    He just bugs me every time I see him. :mad:

Not surprised about that - see it in a lot of other places other than garages
    Other parking bugbears around town -
    Garveys and parking at the door.
    Driving into town via castle street and been blocked by illegal parking with flashing lights before 5pm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

murphy05 wrote: »
    Not surprised about that - see it in a lot of other places other than garages
    Other parking bugbears around town -
    Garveys and parking at the door.
    Driving into town via castle street and been blocked by illegal parking with flashing lights before 5pm.

yes, the parking down Castle street is ridiculous! The amount of LAZY people, who won't park in a carpark and just have to 'run' into the bank! they both block the path for people walking down, especially for those in wheelchairs or with prams. Its so rude & ignorant!

Someone drove right up on the path last week where I work, literally drove onto the path, not half on path half on road, but the entire path & went into the shop! My husband went in next door and asked if they knew who was parked there and a woman said it was her & she wouldn't be long. He told her its illegal to park like that and she is blocking the path for everyone! She was so ignorant, started asking him what it had to do with him....that he isn't even Irish so to mind his own business!!!!! :eek:
    she was very lucky I wasn't there at the time! :mad:

As usual the law applies to everyone else but them.
    That was a typical crappy response from someone in the wrong. Bet she was not even local.

the yellow box....another thing people cannot seem to understand what it stands for!

The amount of people who drive right into it when in traffic, blocking an entrance/exit and make people who want to get through have to wait! drives me insane!
    I learnt to drive at 17, I'm nearly 37, yet I can still remember the rules of the road after 20 years....but so many don't seem to remember them!

true .
    Don't get me started on roundabouts and pedestrian crossings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭phormium

Nolans for me always, I like someone to fill my petrol for me, not a job I like for some reason!

phormium wrote: »
    Nolans for me always, I like someone to fill my petrol for me, not a job I like for some reason!

what do you do if there is no one available?

true .
    Don't get me started on roundabouts and pedestrian crossings.

People who are going straight through a roundabout, indicate right, then indicate left. I am convinced one person is teaching people this as its ridiculous how many people do it.

• Advertisement

People who are going straight through a roundabout, indicate right, then indicate left. I am convinced one person is teaching people this as its ridiculous how many people do it.

someone did this the other day at the Clash roundabout. I was turning left from Clash, & a woman was indicating left, so as soon as I edged out she's going straight on! She beeps me and giving out to me! you dopey bint, you are indicating left, how am I meant to know you are going straight on!!! :confused:

At least they know what an indicator is, never mind what it is used for. It will be interesting to see when the bypass opens, especially with the new roundabouts.
    Have you noticed how people are starting to speed up when approaching a roundabout? Or is it my imagination?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭phormium

what do you do if there is no one available?

I have never yet had that happen, there is always someone available.

I didn't say I couldn't do it, just that I don't like having to do it :)

yes, the parking down Castle street is ridiculous! The amount of LAZY people, who won't park in a carpark and just have to 'run' into the bank! they both block the path for people walking down, especially for those in wheelchairs or with prams. Its so rude & ignorant!

Someone drove right up on the path last week where I work, literally drove onto the path, not half on path half on road, but the entire path & went into the shop! My husband went in next door and asked if they knew who was parked there and a woman said it was her & she wouldn't be long. He told her its illegal to park like that and she is blocking the path for everyone! She was so ignorant, started asking him what it had to do with him....that he isn't even Irish so to mind his own business!!!!! :eek:
    she was very lucky I wasn't there at the time! :mad:

People like that lady just annoy me. Lack of breeding. Because someone does not speak with a local accent , they are not Irish..!???. Which stone do they live beneath?:confused:

someone did this the other day at the Clash roundabout. I was turning left from Clash, & a woman was indicating left, so as soon as I edged out she's going straight on! She beeps me and giving out to me! you dopey bint, you are indicating left, how am I meant to know you are going straight on!!! :confused:

Guess she was the same old biddy who insulted your beloved?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I have found that when approaching a roundabout, it always pays to expect the unexpected. I met a car one day that was moving backwards while on the roundabout because they had passed their exit. I guess they just didn't consider the circular nature of the roundabout.

groovie wrote: »
    I have found that when approaching a roundabout, it always pays to expect the unexpected. I met a car one day that was moving backwards while on the roundabout because they had passed their exit. I guess they just didn't consider the circular nature of the roundabout.

good Lord how stupid!!

groovie wrote: »

I can better that, early one morning in Roscrea I almost collided head on with an oncoming car, travelling the wrong way on the roundabout. The logic ,driver was taking a short cut to work into Roscrea Meats and was running late!:rolleyes:

the yellow box....another thing people cannot seem to understand what it stands for!

The amount of people who drive right into it when in traffic, blocking an entrance/exit and make people who want to get through have to wait! drives me insane!
    I learnt to drive at 17, I'm nearly 37, yet I can still remember the rules of the road after 20 years....but so many don't seem to remember them!

Sssssssh, we all thought you were 25!:D

Some people don't understand the rules of the Road let alone remember them:D

• Advertisement

I can better that, early one morning in Roscrea I almost collided head on with an oncoming car, travelling the wrong way on the roundabout. The logic ,driver was taking a short cut to work into Roscrea Meats and was running late!:rolleyes:

I remember someone cutting across the roundabout once up near the Aqua dome...I think they cut across from the town side over to the Dingle road side & I came the opposite direction....I was in shock!!

Advertisement