Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre line test fail

• 22-07-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Just got a call from Eircom to upgrade me to fibre. The new vdsl cabinet in my estate (An Caislean, Ballincollig) is there months, so I didnt think there would be any issues, but the line test failed. The person on the phone said the area wouldn't be upgraded until the next phase possibly...
    Whats the best thing for me to do here? I'm pretty sure the person on the phone has gotten it wrong somehow, and that my exchange has been upgraded.. Would it be unusual for a new vdsl cabinet to be in place, but not active?? I am currently on the 24mb next gen package and get about 16mb on the line

Cheers,
    Paul

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Ring em again and go through it with a different agent. That'll tell you pretty fast if it's agent error or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Some cabs arent commissioned yet. Whats also likely is the cab you're looking at isnt your cab, just because its closest doesnt make it yours.

Advertisement