Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lasange Without cheese

Options
  • 22-07-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hey my girlfriend would love to eat lasagna but she can't because it causes her to gain migraines. She reluctant to try soy based versions just in case. so my question how do you make a good lasagna without the cheese .

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I use very little cheese when I make a lasagna because my boyfriend hates cheese. In fact, I usually leave it out entirely. Just layer meat sauce, pasta sheets and white sauce and don't top with cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

Faith wrote: »
    I use very little cheese when I make a lasagna because my boyfriend hates cheese. In fact, I usually leave it out entirely. Just layer meat sauce, pasta sheets and white sauce and don't top with cheese.
    Wouldn't it be very dry?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No, why would it be? You've all the liquid from the meat sauce and all the liquid in the béchamel sauce. Cheese normally only goes on the top of lasagne where it just adds flavour, not moisture (in my experience, anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

Your right didn't see your post properly about the Béchamel sauce. It worked a treat thank you very much.

Advertisement