Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISP low speeds

• 22-07-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi there. I am getting speed of 1-4Mbps from my ISP and sometimes it just stops. I rang before and they said my area (near Cork City) can't get speeds higher than 5Mbps on my 24Mbps package. Rang again an hour ago complaining and they say that they are going up it to 7Mbps by tomorrow.
    Are they just giving me slow speeds on purpose because I'm not bitching enough or what? How can they say that my area is capped at 5 and then switch to 7? I'm probably just paranoid. Also would they block speedtest.net, it doesnt seem to work since I last called. :mad: :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As always we'll need line stats to tell anything.

Advertisement