Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yu-Gi-Oh Tournament - Cork!

Options
  • 22-07-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello Everyone, I'm Cónin. I'm from Cork, And I play Yu-Gi-Oh A LOT. I don't have much of a life to be honest but I'm having fun and that's all that matters (:P) I'm 14 years old (Don't leave yet). I'm pretty mature when it comes to games, I hate cheaters and people who don't play the game right.

Anyway, I came here to ask if anyone would be interested in a Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament in Cork, I haven't really seen one yet, If enough people want to join, I'll setup a tournament, I'm really looking for about 10-20 people, So we can have 1v1 games.

The same rules apply and the same cards will be banned. (Check some other sites for that info.) Anyway, I would be really happy if others would like to join. I may be young but I do have money, I will be easily be able to get a venue ect for this.

Please give me your feedback. (*This is not a copy of any other tournament in Ireland, This is something I want to do unofficially to get to know other people who enjoy the same things as me, Age doesn't matter.)

Anyway, Thanks, Regards,
    Cónin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just to let you know, I've removed your surname from your post. It's not advisable to post such identifing details on a public forum, particularly for someone so young.

Best of luck with the tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 EuropesNinja

Thanks, I really don't see any problems with having my full name up there, Neither do my parents, But I understand. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

You are probably already aware and it is six months away anyway but Warpcon is a large game convention on in UCC in January every year.

http://www.warpcon.com/

If you contact the organisers they might assist you in running a tournament at the next Warpcon. The advantages of this are that they already have a venue, lots of publicity and a large pool of potential players.

You've started with the right thing I think, you have to judge if there is enough interest. Once you determine that though you need to think about what venue to use, what rules to use (ie: best of three? round robin? if not how is pairing done? do you need a full time umpire?).

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 EuropesNinja

Thanks for your help, I'll look into it a bit, And start planning it out. I already have a few friends around my area, (Which is West-Cork) who are into the game as much as me, And I've seen other posts about people interested around the area. I could easily get 10 people is what I'm trying to say.

I guess I have a disadvantage too, I'm very young. Most people would think this is a problem that I might not be reliable ect. But this post was actually to see who was interested in joining. I've been planning it for a while but never really got to a stage where I could share it.

I will put up a new post very soon, That will inform everyone the rules, Venue, Date, Time ect. Hopefully if I post it on enough forums and on Facebook, I might be able to get enough interest and enough people who actually play Yu-Gi-Oh the way it's supposed to be played.

Big Thanks, Much Regards,
    Cónin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yugiohdarragh

good idea i play yugioh n i wanted to start playing competitive n id love to play ur tournament

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 yugiohdarragh

when n where is it on

Advertisement