Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help creating a trailer for my game

Options
  • 22-07-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Im not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but it seems to fit well.

Im looking to release a game in the next few days, and I think it would be good to have a 1 minute trailer for it.

The game is for the Ouya (which has HDCP), but it runs on PC too so its probably easiest to capture it from there.

Does anyone have recommendations for a tool for capturing the video & then for editing the video?

I tried out mirallis action! and it does seem to do a good job of recording, but is there anything free that would do the same?

I haven't found anything for editing yet. I just want to do basic things on it, like add text, zoom to a section and overlay separate music.

If anyone has advice on any of the above I would really appreciate it. Alternatively if anyone is interested in helping to create the trailer that would be amazing either (long shot i know!).

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A quick way to do it would be to use OBS to record the footage on PC via screen capture.

You'd have to ask elsewhere about the software, I use a mac so iMovie takes care of basic stuff.

I also have a sewell HDCP stripper so that's no problem to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Use fraps if your pc can handle it!

Can I play it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Tallon wrote: »
    Use fraps if your pc can handle it!

Can I play it? :D

I can give you a pc build ok! Its local multiplayer only though (really need to change that) give me a shout if you are interested

I can give you a pc build ok! Its local multiplayer only though (really need to change that) give me a shout if you are interested
    Yeah deffo, will give it a whack. Can also record some stuff if you need to :)

OT, but I find Fraps great for recording desktop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Here is a link to it here

Soc-Car for PC

Should work with Xbox 360 controllers, 2 players on keyboard (arrow keys and awsd) also you can connect your phone or tablet up to use it as a controller (select "More Controllers?" for more info)

Advertisement