Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacant Council Houses in Cork City

Options
  • 22-07-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm getting more and more frustrated with the cork city council so I need peoples help if possible.. I'm wondering could people pass on any details of vacant idle council houses in cork. I'm going into city hall all guns blazing with my big list of idle houses. I find it so frustrating that there's so many idle houses run down and the council are saying "there is no funds" but I've offered to take a house that's run down but they wont budge????? any help would be appreciated xxx

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Adverts.ie: Eddie

Moved from the adverts.ie talk to forum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Rhona84 wrote: »
    I'm getting more and more frustrated with the cork city council so I need peoples help if possible.. I'm wondering could people pass on any details of vacant idle council houses in cork. I'm going into city hall all guns blazing with my big list of idle houses. I find it so frustrating that there's so many idle houses run down and the council are saying "there is no funds" but I've offered to take a house that's run down but they wont budge????? any help would be appreciated xxx

Wasting your time imo...going in "guns blazing" could be considered threatening and abusive behaviour....which can be used to remove you from any council schemes you are under.

They wont give run down houses to anyone, its a legal thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You won't get a house because you demand on lets be honest ,you will eventually be housed based on your need ,
    Lone parents ,family's ,people with disability ,low paid workers ,people at risk , single women and single men

A lot of CC 's are currently reviewing there lists and in a lot of cases removing people from the list for not having there affairs in order ,
    Or moving people on to the RAS long term let scheme
    Wasnt cork county council in the news recently after a list of excuces was made public why people had refused housing including garden wasn't big enough for a trampoline ,dogs and so on,

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rhona84

Before you jump to conclusions it is for medical reasons we're trying to get out! I took this house first day because I had no roof over my head, Im extremely grateful I have a roof over my head. Obviously Im not going to say my private reasons but Im not looking for a bigger house or a don up house by any means!! The house I have now didn't even have a front door and I took it, so don't be quick to judge. I just fell on bad times and needed a house and couldn't afford my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

No one judged you or jumped to conclusions.

• Advertisement

Sorry I just don't want people to think Im one of those people you know?? Not that you know me :D I don't wanna seem ungrateful or anything that's all. Im a nice person... honest :D I think I 'll just have to win the lotto and give the council back their house, Id love it. Here's hoping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

The council end up paying for these houses that need work, they have to pay if a boiler breaks etc. They do not have the finances to maintain these houses. So what you are saying is for them to give you a house and you will take care of it? Who pays the insurance? who owns the house? what happens if the council want to sell the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

There's a load of new houses going up in the Glen. Ask the council what's happening about those.

Good point!! Although any minor problems Ive had I did it myself, never really bothered annoying them with little problems touch wood never had a major problem. Some people just abuse it totally like getting them to call out and hang up a picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Rhona84 wrote: »
    Good point!! Although any minor problems Ive had I did it myself, never really bothered annoying them with little problems touch wood never had a major problem. Some people just abuse it totally like getting them to call out and hang up a picture!

I am aware of one woman in the locality that got a house. Never opened the windows and dried clothes in the house all the time. The house got damp-as it does, she said that it was the councils fault, she is suing the Council for her childrens coughs and illnesses, she is also suing them for damage to her e10,000 worth of Laura Ashley furniture that was damaged by the dampness. That is what we are dealing with :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement