Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no music events in black box?

Options
  • 22-07-2013 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

i just spotted that primal scream are to play leisureland oct 26 and chic are playing the raddisson ballroom oct 27. i have attended gigs in both places before and have found the acoustics of both to be well below what you would expect. i'll probably go to both but i just think its a shame that the black box was not used for either (or both) of these gigs. its a much better venue and big enough to get a decent crowd in. from what i can seed there is nothing on on those date there either. would there be another reason why the promoters of these gigs dont use the black box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

+1
    The Radisson has terrible acoustics alright. The Black Box is much better.

Don't think it's a capacity issue - both the Radisson & Black Box have a capacity of ~ 700. The promoter for the Chic gig used the Black Box for the Spaghetti Western Orchestra last year, so don't know why they don't use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Maybe Leisureland has a bigger capacity? I think it can hold up to 1,400 at a 'standing only' gig. The Roisin, who are the promoters, are saying there will be a bar.

Advertisement