Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BESS VS. PPES

• 22-07-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have been accepted onto the PPES for the coming academic year but i am giving serious consideration to switching onto the BESS if possible. I am in a bit of a crises, trying to weigh up the pros and cons of each programme.

As my mathematical skills are not brilliant, i am concerned i may have to drop economics beyond the first year if my abilities do not improve dramatically. I am a little scared of graduating with an ineffectual sociology or philosophy degree if I continue with the PPES.

The BESS's inclusion of business is attractive to me, however i have heard that there is a 'better vibe' in the PPES and the students are more intellectual. I also heard that 50% of PPES students graduate with first class honours, which is very impressive.

Any and all constructive and useful advice is very welcome!

Advertisement