Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute city center to crescent.

• 22-07-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

I want to move into City center but i dont drive, so really what im asking what is the commute like from city center to crescent? are buses reliable in morning? how often do they come? how early would you have to be to ensure you make it in time! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

I want to move into City center but i dont drive, so really what im asking what is the commute like from city center to crescent? are buses reliable in morning? how often do they come? how early would you have to be to ensure you make it in time! :confused:

I think buses come every 15 minutes (from brown thomas) and take about 15 minutes to get there so you would want to allow a half hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Buses every 15 minutes and walkable in 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

If you could, its so much handier to cycle out... its over 5 yrs since I had to do it so busses may be more reliable now but the hassle I used to have was waiting for the bus back in... often times i'd be 40+min waiting to get a bus that had space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

Agreed, it's a 5-10 min cycle. Most reliable form of public transport!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭xii

letsdothis wrote: »
    Agreed, it's a 5-10 min cycle. Most reliable form of public transport!

That would be private transport.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

closifer wrote: »
    I think buses come every 15 minutes (from brown thomas) and take about 15 minutes to get there so you would want to allow a half hour

They don't go from BT's anymore, they now leave from Debanhams. 301 or 304 will get you to Crescent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭letsdothis

xii wrote: »
    That would be private transport.:rolleyes:

A public bike rental scheme is on its way to Limerick, then either public or private cycling will soon be possible, so let's not get too pedantic :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

It really depends what time you are travelling at. If it coincides with start/finish times at St Paul's school, then it can be crazy in those 20-30 minute windows. I've seen traffic backed up all the way back to the city side of the flyover on very wet mornings.
    The bus lane inbound from Southcourt to Crescent SC does help the buses, but it ends on the flyover and the bus has to deal with all the rest of the traffic from there into the city centre.
    Outside of peak traffic times, the buses are reliable enough, but there is still the overcrowding issue at school finishing times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

Buses have always been reliable in the mornings, and they are better than they used to be in the afternoons/evenings.

City centre to Crescent Shopping Centre is a very short commute, though. I live in the city centre without a car & commuted to Raheen for two years (now I work in the city centre), and apart from an extra-long wait once a week or so, it was easy.

And life is so much easier in the city centre, and so much less expensive without a car, that it more than makes up for an occasional wait for the bus.

Advertisement