Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non Drinking Activities in Galway

• 22-07-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I want to start more activities that don't involve drinking....any suggestions apart form cinema, bowling, walking prom:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Def look up meet.com - it's a site that has activities around the country where people with similar interests can meet up in Galway and other towns.Galway is good place and good craic but once it goes beyond 1 in the morn I find the craic just goes mental and messy at time esp on a sat night

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cocorocks

super thanks :-)
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I'm sure there's societies in the colleges which are not necessarily tied to the college - you won't have to be a student to join.

You could always join a reading group/club, or pick up a new instrument. I'm starting an uilleann piping course in September in Boston to keep me occupied. It's at 9am on a Saturday, so I'll have to be up around 6.30am - great way to stop me drinking the night before.

Connemara is huge and gorgeous, you could always take a few trips there too. Go hiking. Visit the Aran Islands. Start learning Irish and go visit the gaeltacht.

Advertisement