Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magnet drop ESPN

• 22-07-2013 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

I received an email today that Magnet are dropping ESPN from their channel lineup. Whilst I have no problems with Magnet's service so far, it seems that as they drop features from their offering, UPC are adding features. How can they keep going in this direction and hope to retain customers? My contract ends in a month and I think I will be on my way to join UPC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Contents of email
    Dear Customer,

It is with regret that we inform you that as of August 1st 2013 Magnet will no longer provide ESPN TV Channel as part of our channel line-up service.

The channel has become less popular with our TV customers over the previous years and unfortunately is not in high enough demand to continue being part of our channel offering.

We sincerely apologise for any disruption this may cause to your home viewing.

If you have any queries on this change please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 819 999 and we will answer any additional questions you may have.

Thank you for your continued service with Magnet and we look forward to serving you into the future.

Kind Regards,

Magnet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭GIMP

Their service is bull sh1t anymore, and EPG has been blank for days, no programme info!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Cheers for heads up OP,just checked email to find the same,i watch ESPN alot,half their channels are bloody news channels now,only reason still with them is their BB to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

tw0nk wrote: »
    Contents of email
    tw0nk wrote: »
    I received an email today that Magnet are dropping ESPN from their channel lineup. Whilst I have no problems with Magnet's service so far, it seems that as they drop features from their offering, UPC are adding features. How can they keep going in this direction and hope to retain customers? My contract ends in a month and I think I will be on my way to join UPC.

I would imagine that the reason they are not including ESPN is BT are taking ownership of ESPN from that very date. UPC are also dropping it from their current offering, as are Sky. However, there will be a means to get it back with these broadcasters. (ESPN America and ESPN Classic are shutting down)

The only means of getting it now will be with Setanta who are selling a package which included BT Sports along with Setanta and ESPN. I don't believe Magnet will be carrying these channels however. http://www.setanta.com/ie/subscribe has details,

It's a shame that Magnet can't be honest in their email instead of waffling about how unpopular ESPN has become. NTL(UPC) used this lie years ago when they dropped Eurosport and replaced it with the very popular CNBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I rang them & they said it's nothing to do with BT but after research & analyzing the station that not enough people using it & it cost too much money to have the station.
    They are also not replacing it any other station however it will still cost you the same :mad:
    Their EPG is still not giving any information since Sunday :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

for tv magnet is the worst service I have ever had in a few countries...for internet they are the best...its a balance!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭omega666

delw wrote: »
    I rang them & they said it's nothing to do with BT but after research & analyzing the station that not enough people using it & it cost too much money to have the station.
    They are also not replacing it any other station however it will still cost you the same :mad:
    Their EPG is still not giving any information since Sunday :rolleyes:

So it’s a coincidence that BT are taking over the ESPN channels the exact same date they are dropping it. Rubbish. They could at least be honest instead of lying through their teeth.

Advertisement