Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas

• 22-07-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

See pics .. I was thinking of putting an hard wood trellis from shed roof onto two wooden "poles" see pic! Over cemented area marked out ( it will cemented tomorro) I have a couple of climbers against the shed growing well at mo, one is a honeysuckle ( nice scent ) room for 3:4 more ... Suggestions of nice scented climbers .. Appreciated ... ! I have a swing type relaxer that I will be putting on cemented area when it drys I just want to have scented flowers growing up each side and over the "trellis roof" so it will be a nice area to " chill" on a nice day ... If anyone has ideas of a cheap reliable alternative to the items I intend to use please let me know .... Pics attached !
    Many thanks
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

Rambling rose, Clematis Armandi or Wisteria.

Your trellis could be made by yourself out of pressure treated lenghts of 1.5"x1.5". Making them yourself would give you more play and a better fit to what you have fixed, ie your shed and posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Tulipout wrote: »
    Rambling rose, Clematis Armandi or Wisteria.

Your trellis could be made by yourself out of pressure treated lenghts of 1.5"x1.5". Making them yourself would give you more play and a better fit to what you have fixed, ie your shed and posts.

Yeah your right many thanks for plant suggestions ... I am going to woidies later ..to try get something like this and bury them in the concrete ... I wonder gave you any ideas other than this type if post !? Thks ps ... See pic ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

From reading your first post that's the type of fitting I had in mind. Or an alternative would be to dig a little deeper where you are setting your posts and not bother with the fitting, just wrap the ends of the posts with plastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Tulipout wrote: »
    From reading your first post that's the type of fitting I had in mind. Or an alternative would be to dig a little deeper where you are setting your posts and not bother with the fitting, just wrap the ends of the posts with plastic.

Ah thanks a lot ... I just see in b and q they have metal fittings I think I will get two and fill them in with cement just to keep them fixed securely ... I see 8 foot posts as well that will fit in to them hopefully when cement is dry they will just slot in and you place two bolts in to secure them ! If I get that much done today I will post a pic in the morn! And then have a think about the "roof" I like the idea of rambling roses with scented flowers trailed accross the top ! With me underneath on my swing !! Thanks again for your advices addy

Advertisement