Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle Of The Phone Networks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

I have a couple of phones.

I tend to use Lyca ringing landlines. (3c per minute)

I have an old meteor plan that I ring mobiles at 13c after 6pm.

Tend to use wi-fi for data

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I am with three, at the moment I get:

350 flexiunits, 1 flexiunit is 2 texts or 1 minute of a call.
    Unlimited data.
    €40
    I signed up before they stopped allowing tethering. My contract is up in December and I will be leaving if they don't allow me to continue tethering, heck even if they added on an extra €5 or €10 for the privilege I would be grand with that.

I'm pretty happy with the service, have had some annoying issues but it works well for me and I think the price is great for what I get.

I won't move to meteor because I had a bad experience with their customer service. Vodafone are very expensive IMHO, so I dunno where I'll be headed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Adrian4 wrote: »
    I have a couple of phones.

I tend to use Lyca ringing landlines. (3c per minute)

I have an old meteor plan that I ring mobiles at 13c after 6pm.

Tend to use wi-fi for data

Sounds like alot of hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

it is. I Must find a half decent plan.

Adrian4 wrote: »
    it is. I Must find a half decent plan.

48... 20 a month... Unlimited mobile calls & texts ... 5gb Internet... 60 mins too landlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Im on three at the minute and find the €20 deal great, until like someone says leave a city and bye bye using the net(herself lives in Navan and I have to put the phone into Gsm mode to receive calls or texts in her house)

It looks like 48 is as good as three and it uses the 02 network which seems more reliable than three, but then what’s the story on the age bracket thing?

jeffk wrote: »

It looks like 48 is as good as three and it uses the 02 network which seems more reliable than three, but then what’s the story on the age bracket thing?
    The age thing.... I'm 19 if you ask 48 my passport says 29 tho

MrMac84 wrote: »
    So what? Sign up on line and put in a DOB that matches their criteria ?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lorrieq

5 euro for 200mb internet a month. Use whatsapp and webtext. I don't have credit for calls then but I personally don't need to. Works a wonder for me as a student.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I just happened to turn 18 the day I joined 48. Strange coincidence that was...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishgirl12345

Been with meteor ever since they opened apart when I first got my iPhone tried 3 lasted a week and returned it and then bought an iPhone straight from apple and put my meteor sim in... I think the customer service differs big time if your on bill pay or Pay as you go.... The pay as you go line is run from cork and they seem helpful but bill pay is from Dublin and always hear people complain about that side of things alright

So what? Sign up on line and put in a DOB that matches their criteria ?

Exactly

Exactly
    Step 2: Select account type and enter security code
    All you have to do now is select the account type:
    Bill Pay – Paid your bill monthly with your old network.
    Pre Pay Unregistered – Pay as you go with your old network and they did not have any of your details.
    Pre Pay Registered – Pay as you go with your old network and they held your personal details.

Im guessing here id select Unregistered otherwise they will know my proper age.

Step 2: Select account type and enter security code
    All you have to do now is select the account type:
    Bill Pay – Paid your bill monthly with your old network.
    Pre Pay Unregistered – Pay as you go with your old network and they did not have any of your details.
    Pre Pay Registered – Pay as you go with your old network and they held your personal details.

Im guessing here id select Unregistered otherwise they will know my proper age.
    Ya..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

I'm on Three.

Mainly due to the unlimited data. I'm on 50gb download a week into my prepay month.

Also I like that you can purchase apps on the play store using your three credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SlickTalker

48 don't care what age you are. Their 48 months is who they market the network at not just who they allow use their network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

My brother and sister are both on 48 and they never checked their age. There is no customer service as such. You send a email and eventually get a reply. I guess its a way of O2 taking some college age customers from the likes of meteor whos price plans for pre pay are ****.

I wish we had aldi talk. €4 per month of unlimited calls and texts and pretty much every german is on it

48 don't care what age you are. Their 48 months is who they market the network at not just who they allow use their network.

So if say I sign up using my three data that says im 31,they wont have any problems ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

So if say I sign up using my three data that says im 31,they wont have any problems ?

They dont have access to your 3 account details due to data protection.

Just give 48 a DOB that makes you 18 when you sign up and bobs your uncle.

They dont have access to your 3 account details due to data protection.

Just give 48 a DOB that makes you 18 when you sign up and bobs your uncle.
    I meant when moving my number across , ill just select not to let them use my three data, put in a im 18 DOB.

Have requested three unlock code,my bundle is up the 22nd and then ill use my credit up and move to 48 :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Even when you port over, 48 dont look at your personal details

Go too 48months.ie they don't ask for history or Id or anything you request a sim (micro or normal) you request a new number or move your number then YOU fill in details address DOB etc and they post you a free sim. Put it in your phone active via the website and 20 mins later your with 48 not your old carryier. Then just top up online

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Aidenwyatt

Vodafone GSM network is made up of both 900 and 1800 MHz bases....
    Its 3G coverage is also one of the strongest of the major networks.

Thanks for sharing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

I'm currently on meteor pre pay, top up 30e and get 1mb of data. I'd use more than this a month and end up having to top up again so it's costing me more than 30 per month. What is the best network for data?
    I was considering three because of their 20€ unlimited data but from what I've read here their 3G coverage isn't great. Any suggestions?

-aurora wrote: »
    I'm currently on meteor pre pay, top up 30e and get 1mb of data. I'd use more than this a month and end up having to top up again so it's costing me more than 30 per month. What is the best network for data?
    I was considering three because of their 20€ unlimited data but from what I've read here their 3G coverage isn't great. Any suggestions?

I was with three for two years, the €20 deal is great and you keep the €20 for ringing picture messages etc. But the 3g/internet coverage is not always reliable or fast,if you can use wifi or dont use the net much on your phone then your ok.

Im on 48 now and so far the €10 deal is doing me,using the wifi in the house to get the most out of the 1GB data,they take the €10,but then you get 60 land-line and 300 mobile minutes,so that would likely cost you more than €10.

I was with three for two years, the €20 deal is great and you keep the €20 for ringing picture messages etc. But the 3g/internet coverage is not always reliable or fast,if you can use wifi or dont use the net much on your phone then your ok.

Im on 48 now and so far the €10 deal is doing me,using the wifi in the house to get the most out of the 1GB data,they take the €10,but then you get 60 land-line and 300 mobile minutes,so that would likely cost you more than €10.
    I'm on the 48 20 euro deal and its the best deal ive ever been on!! I have never used the full 5megs of internet in a month! And the 3G is very fast

Advertisement