Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing Electric Ireland customer Dual fuel - discount expired. Which plan to get di

Options
  • 22-07-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭

I am an existing customer of electric ireland with following plans

Gas - Standard Domestic Value Saver - Discount for DD and online billing
    Electric - Value Saver- Discount for DD/eBill/Dual Fuel

I had a 14% discount on the Electricity but that has now expired.

I followed the links to your site but it is unclear as max discount is 10% and even that is unclear as 4% applied for DD and 4% for loyalty bonus

Before deciding on provider I need to know the rates and where the discount applies. Is it gas or electric ?

Thanks

Damien

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Damien360,

The maximum discounts we're currently offering are 10% off electricity and 10% off gas (and for returning customers who switch online, an extra €20 extra off).

If you were to sign up to our Dual ValueReward priceplan, the discounts would apply to both electricity and gas as follows:
    • A guaranteed loyalty discount of 4%
    • An extra 4% off for paying by direct debit
    • An extra 2% off for signing up to online billing

As you are already on direct debit and online billing, you would be eligible for the full 10% discount on both fuels. For further information on the specific unit rates and the relevant terms and conditions, see here. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Please feel free to send us a private message if you would like to discuss this further. We can also arrange a callback if you wish.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

I followed your link to do this online and it gets to a page with the info (which I found anyway and quoted in OP) but there is no option for online for that plan. It is only available for Dual Green option.

It is not clear on the page if the discount is max 10% split between electricity and gas 

or 

max 10% discount on each fuel. i.e. 10% off gas and 10% off electric as your post above seems to imply.

Which is it ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Damien,

Sorry for any confusion. Details of the Reward price-plans for existing customers are not available on our website, only details for those interested in switching to Electric Ireland from another provider.

I can re-confirm what David has advised: existing Electric Ireland customers who have both electricity and gas, and direct debit/online billing, are entitled to a 10% discount off units used on each fuel. Having this Dual Fuel price-plan applied to your accounts would be a contract, which expires 30th September 2014. If a customer signs up to this contract and then changes provider before the above date, a €50 exit fee applies. If you are agreeable to these terms and would like us to organise having the discounts applied to your accounts, do drop us a private message with one of your Electric Ireland account numbers, your name/address in full, and the contact telephone number on your account.

We can then organise a callback for you.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement