Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS VIta Refuses to charge

Options
  • 22-07-2013 10:32pm

Ok so I had not used my PS vita for a while. Attempted to power it up last week. It powered on fine but the battery was low. Tried to plug it in to charge it at the socket and nothing happened no orange light. Tried using USB port to charge. I got an orange light for about a second then nothing (yes it's enabled in the PS vita menu).

I then though i had the charger plugged in reverse. Corrected that still nothing.

Bought a new charger and still nothing. I have no idea WTF is going on with it.

Please HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

how long have you left it to charge?
    If the battery is completely dead, it may take up to an hour before you get any kind of response out of the system

• RedXIV wrote: »
    how long have you left it to charge?
    If the battery is completely dead, it may take up to an hour before you get any kind of response out of the system
    The thing is I was able to get it to turn on but it just would not charge. So i turned it off and I left it plugged in for two hours. Now it will not power on at all.

Check the connectors. any dirt or anything will stop it from charging

• RedXIV wrote: »
    Check the connectors. any dirt or anything will stop it from charging
    There all fine visually

I know there fine because I was able to access content manger on the PC so the USB is responding to data transfer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    There all fine visually

I know there fine because I was able to access content manger on the PC so the USB is responding to data transfer

^ thats very interesting. it sounds like it's the battery then. Pure guess mind you but that's what I'd assume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

OP can you try boot into Safe mode. Plug in the charger and hold down (together) the power button, the PS button bottom left and the Start button for about 20 seconds. If it turns on you should see a menu.

Select "Restart the PS Vita System.

• OP can you try boot into Safe mode. Plug in the charger and hold down (together) the power button, the PS button bottom left and the Start button for about 20 seconds. If it turns on you should see a menu.

Select "Restart the PS Vita System.
    Thanks, I will give it a go and report back when i'm home

• I just tried it there. No dice.

Only thing that happens is every time I plug the charge cable into the PS vita the orange light flashes really quickly once and then that's it.

I only have it a year and I honestly have used the vita about 20 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I just tried it there. No dice.

Only thing that happens is every time I plug the charge cable into the PS vita the orange light flashes really quickly once and then that's it.

I only have it a year and I honestly have used the vita about 20 times.

Can I just ask are you trying to charge off the USB port or an original Vita Charger?

Is it like this. I may have given you incorrect buttons to press earlier as this guy in the comments says it PS + Power + Volume up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOKAnxz0Pvk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

With respect to the end of the USB cable connected to the Vita itself, do you have this positioned with the PS logo facing upwards i.e. you can see the logo if you are looking at the PS Vita screen? You've probably already tried it both ways but the unit will not charge unless it's positioned like this i.e.

http://glenniacampbell.typepad.com/silenti/2012/06/ps-vita-wont-charge-turn-on.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Probably the PS VITA version of the YLOD?

• Can I just ask are you trying to charge off the USB port or an original Vita Charger?

Is it like this. I may have given you incorrect buttons to press earlier as this guy in the comments says it PS + Power + Volume up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOKAnxz0Pvk

I have tried to charge it via the original vita charger and via the USB port. I have also purchased a new ac adaptor and charger as I originally thought there was a problem with it but still the same.

And yes the PS Vita logo is facing up when I plug it in.

I will try the above shortcut when I'm home from work.

• No joy, all that happens is I get the no battery signal on the main screen. I rang technical support and spent 30 mins on the phone talking ****e as I had already tried all the tests. As I am out of warranty it will cost 179 for repair. **** that.

Does anybody know if you can buy replacement batteries? I tried ebay and no dice

Advertisement