Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Major

Options
  • 22-07-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I'm going into 2nd year and my joint major is Sociology, Celtic Civilization and Irish Folklore. I realized that I made a big mistake doing Celtic Civiliz. and Folklore. I really can't handle doing them for another two years, Can I change my major? Should I contact the program office. Advice much appreciated. grasshopper1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Did you take 20 credits in each Socio, Celtic and Folk? If so, then you can take Socio at one of your majors but you will have to pick one of the other two for the other half of the major. If however, you have 10 credits in something else you may be able to progress with that subject (unless its has restrictions).

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grasshopper1

Thanks Maldesu, I want to continue Sociology, but drop Celtic and Folk. I have full credits for all 3 subjects. I just don't want to do Celtic and Folk. I contacted the program office to see if I can drop them, I'm hoping I can change to something that I am interested in :)

Advertisement