Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for gig buddies

• 22-07-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

How's things folks, new to boards and this my first post,

so as the title suggests, I'm looking for gig buddies for rock gigs as I've 0 mates that have any interest and I'm sick of missing good gigs as a result,

Gigs I'm hoping to go to are soundgarden, qotsa and possibly black sabbath in Belfast thinking of driving up,

So any interest pm me, I hope this thred is in the right place as I've never posted here before. Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

go on your own, i've been to every show i've been to alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BearThomas131

go on your own, i've been to every show i've been to alone.

Ye I think I will , as I don't fancy missing these gigs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yep, go on yer own man. Don't miss your favourite bands because you've nobody to stand next to. You will meet plenty of people at gigs if you're willing to initiate conversations with them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Definitely go it alone, I actually prefer it in a way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah, I've gone to loads of gigs on my own, especially over in London. Granted it's better fun with friends, but definitely don't miss gigs because you've no one to go with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BearThomas131

Thanks for the replies people , it has to be done, no more epic gigs shall be missed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I go to most gigs alone because almost none of my friends share the same taste in music as me. It doesn't bother me at all, I'm happy out listening to good tunes, having a few beers and chatting to the odd randomer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I go to a ton of gigs alone and end up chatting to people there anyway.

You'll be surrounded by like-minded individuals anyway, so never really on your todd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

any time ive ever been to a gig with mates, i end up going somewhere up the front alone and usually dont see them till after the gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Black Sabbath in Belfast? They have to play Sabbath Bloody Sabbath ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I go to most gigs alone and if anyone ever thought I was a loner/weirdo I couldn't give a f*ck to be honest with ya, ideally I would prefer to go with someone but if their not available I've no qualms going alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LuciaCampones

Hi! I'm in Ireland for 6 months now and I have this problem: don't know anyone who shares the same interests in music as me... So I'm looking for someone to go to gigs! And I would really like to go to QOTSA in The O2. Do you think we could meet and go together? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

I once heard a girl in a queue say to her friend 'I would never go to a concert alone, it's so sad' for the life of me I don't know what is 'sad' about going to listen to a band at a crowded venue that is too loud to have a conversation anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭RayCon

I once heard a girl in a queue say to her friend 'I would never go to a concert alone, it's so sad' for the life of me I don't know what is 'sad' about going to listen to a band at a crowded venue that is too loud to have a conversation anyway

Ah ... what you stood beside there was one of those ****in annoying people who only seem to go to gigs to talk !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LoneAtom

Hey, im heading to the sabbath gig tomorrow and currently not with anyone are you still going?

Advertisement