Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter Stripe appearing on my dogs back

• 23-07-2013 12:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭

Sometimed My ( short haired) dog gets ripples on her back. Today, as she sat at
    My feet in the garden, she got a Harry potter zig-zag down the length of her back. No rubbing or chewing or leaning against anything involved. Mystified. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is she sore - sometimes if they have hair raised it can point to muscle strain? Funny I have a scar on my neck that gets a bit hot/itchy every now and again and I saw it's a harry potter scar lol :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

What breed of dog do you have? Our dog has the same a black zig zag pattern down here back and tail. this is a common marking of Rhodesian Ridgebacks and my uncle convinced this breed is in her because of this marking. posted a pic here before of it...will dig it out

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74674576&postcount=4158

as you can see nowhere near the size of a ridgeback...thank god!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Hi - thanks both for replies. No ; it's not a strain , or emotion but does look EXACTLY like the pic posted -but she's not a ridgeback. Will hunt out species info & see if it's a characteristic for something ( pain, camouflage etc). Have NEVER see it in her before & it was up on her collar line ; havn't got an android so can't post pic here :(

Nice to know humans have it too!!!

Advertisement