Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

It's my first time trying to use the forums, so maybe there's a cooling off period after registering??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Was there an activation email sent to you with a link to use?

humanji wrote: »
    Was there an activation email sent to you with a link to use?

When I backed the game, yeah. Activated it and can log into the site no problem, check my profile etc. Just when I try to use the forums specifically, it goes belly up.

Hmm, odd. As The_Valeyard says it could have been an overload on the servers or something like that. Have you tried logging in through a different browser? If it's still not working after a few hours you could always try to sign up with another email address and see if you can access through that. If not, then it could be a problem with your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

• Advertisement

Bookmarked for a read later, thanks.

Here's a couple of videos showing only the actual gameplay footage from the event.

Got my login sorted too by the way. The forum portion of the site didn't like my email address for some reason. I changed it in settings, logged on to the forums, and then changed it back to the original address. Seems fine now. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

helmet, helmet, helmet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Must be a free bar at that event :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Aaaaand I'm in. Dogfighting Module was too much for me to handle, couldn't resist any more. Jumped on board with the Aurora LN (big spender that I am). Hangar downloading as I type this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

And with only 1500 or so spots left.

• Advertisement

Really? I didn't realise it was a limited time thing. Where can I check the amount remaining?

Hangar runs like a dog on my system at 1920x1080 and high detail - not sure if it's because it's alpha, or because my system doesn't like CryEngine 3.

When you land on the RSI homeworldpage, they have info about the funds raised/slots remaining etc below the top "story".

When you land on the RSI homeworldpage, they have info about the funds raised/slots remaining etc below the top "story".

Wow, literally staring me in the face. :o Thanks man.

Appropriately enough, £42M has now been reached. This has unlocked a few new goals, including the Gladius - "The Aegis Gladius is the UEE’s reigning light short-range patrol fighter. A single-seat ship with no room for expansion, the Gladius is fast, maneuverable and capable of punching far above its weight. The main advantage to the design is simplicity: cheap to produce, easy to repair and outfit and quick to train new pilots on. The Gladius is an aging design nearing the end of its life-cycle, although iterative updates have kept it the most nimble fighter in the active fleet."

Less than 900 slots left now too!

If anyone feels like replaying some classic Chris Roberts while they wait for Star Citizen, the Wing Commander series is on sale on GOG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I haven't been following this, but I am interested. Considering backing, but I'm wondering - when this is released will you still have to pay cash money for ships or will you be able to earn them in game? Is the buying of ships just a mechanism to reward you for giving them money at this point?

You earn money in game and buy with that. Though I'd guess you can also use real money. People can also hire you to fly their ships and you may be lucky enough to find a derelict one too.

So if I was to just go ahead and put down the €100 for a Freelancer game package that wouldn't be a terrible idea? To be honest, I'm not really sure what to buy.

It's not that bad a deal, really. Taking into account the cost of the game at launch, the extra credits you get, the ship you get (I think you only get the Aurora ship when you buy the game at launch. Someone may be able to clarify that) the ship insurance and the other digital downloads, you're probably saving money if you were to buy all that in-game.

As for what to buy, it all depends on what you feel you may play like. Which is a particularly hard thing to decide before the game comes out. The Freelancer is probably a good choice as it lets you trade, which can earn a quick buck easily. And I'd say it wouldn't take too long to save up for something a bit more nimble. They've tried to stress that there's no ship that's particularly better than others, as it all depends on what you want to do.

humanji wrote: »
    It's not that bad a deal, really. Taking into account the cost of the game at launch, the extra credits you get, the ship you get (I think you only get the Aurora ship when you buy the game at launch. Someone may be able to clarify that) the ship insurance and the other digital downloads, you're probably saving money if you were to buy all that in-game.

As for what to buy, it all depends on what you feel you may play like. Which is a particularly hard thing to decide before the game comes out. The Freelancer is probably a good choice as it lets you trade, which can earn a quick buck easily. And I'd say it wouldn't take too long to save up for something a bit more nimble. They've tried to stress that there's no ship that's particularly better than others, as it all depends on what you want to do.

Cheers, I'll take a chance on it so. It includes beta access and some credits as well as the ship and the game so I can't go too far wrong. :)

• Advertisement

The thing is, I don't know if it's going to have the dog fighting module access. I think the various modules aren't part of the beta, and that comes later.

Yeah I don't think it does since I'm a little late to the party. You can buy access to the dogfighting module for €4 extra which I may do at some point, but I have other things to play.

I just wanted to get on board since I've been hearing intermittently about Star Citizen and I'm looking forward to it, but haven't been paying close attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

DFM any day now...

We will have to arrange some pvp with peeps in here.

DFM any day now...

We will have to arrange some pvp with peeps in here.

Would love to, but I won't be able until I upgrade. The hangar module is a complete slideshow for me with my five year old dual core :pac: :o

Here's a new vid from CIG. It shows the footage from the aborted PAX demo, but also adds some new footage from inside the studio - stuff they wanted to show off at PAX but couldn't due to the technical snafu. Skip to 22:40ish for the new stuff.

Still waiting for DFM.....

If they delay it again, the rage on the forums could actually break the internet... lol...

No news on DFM in WMH or in WMHO

Although "This is BS" -if ya saw it, you will get it ;)

I'm away for the weekend, so hope it's delayed. :P

I just realised my laptop with it's meagre GTX 760m has not a hope of running this. :pac:

• Advertisement

I just realised my laptop with it's meagre GTX 760m has not a hope of running this. :pac:

Yes, I think CR is trying to murder all our computers.
    But the DFM stress tests could lower the specs to allow more PC friendly ability.

Advertisement