Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Are you lads active on the RSI forums, and if so, do you get a lot of spam messages asking you to join Orgs? It's like the amount of crap you get through the letterbox at general election time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Any further update on when we will have any playable sections of this??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Only 7k till the next funding goal. Wonder what's after Stell Cartography.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

Are you lads active on the RSI forums, and if so, do you get a lot of spam messages asking you to join Orgs? It's like the amount of crap you get through the letterbox at general election time!

Yes. I tell them I might be moving and don't know what timezone I'll be in. :)

Glebee wrote: »

Nah, still waiting for news on the DFM.
    Noblong wrote: »
    Yes. I tell them I might be moving and don't know what timezone I'll be in. :)

Fair play for letting them down gently... I've started telling them that they're coming across as desparate "so-and-sos".

Might put it in my sig that I'm not welcoming invites at present.

Edit: Or I could just block invitations in the settings. :pac:

Glebee wrote: »

Hot off the press - the man himself is saying maybe/kinda/hopefully in the second or third week of May for the DFM. Skip to around the 9:55 mark for the source.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Hot off the press - the man himself is saying maybe/kinda/hopefully in the second or third week of May for the DFM. Skip to around the 9:55 mark for the source.

God damn.
    I'm gonna be back home by then with only 3 mobile broadband.
    The download of DFM alone will probably use up half the monthly allowance :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So slow roll out in second week of May

Full roll out in third week of May.

Not long to go!!!

So..... second week of May third for some.

***Fingers crossed***

edit: New 10 for the chairman is up.

ive set up a organisation so we can meet and chat in game,

nothing to be taken too seriously at present, just be easier to meet more Irish boardsies in there.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/IRISH

More chat about the DFM rollout here. Sounds like a fair way to do it; the earlier you backed, the earlier you can play multiplayer. Everyone gets singleplayer DFM at the same time. And they're saying it'll be before the end of this month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Greetings Citizens!

I'm a recent returnee to PC gaming after a few years in the wilderness. SC was actually one of the games that enticed me back. It's hugely ambitious, so I don't expect it to be perfect. But if they get it even reasonably close it'll be a hell of a game!

Anyway, I only pledged about a month ago but have been following the progress fairly closely. Alas, my current PC is pretty crappy, so I won't be playing the DFM when it's released, but I'm hoping you'll all keep poor bastards like me informed on how you're getting on.

ive set up a organisation so we can meet and chat in game,

nothing to be taken too seriously at present, just be easier to meet more Irish boardsies in there.

I set one up too, though for Irish Citizens in general. I hadn't advertised it or anything yet.... more of a placeholder I suppose 'til we get nearer release.

Arena Commander (or DFM if ya prefer) will be here on 29th May... which I assume is subject to change.
    The goal is that every backer will have access to the single player “Free Flight” and “Vanduul Swarm” games modes on this day, and the very first batch of multiplayer testers will get access to the game’s multiplayer game modes. We will scale up the multiplayer as quickly as possible starting on that date, increasing the number of players as it is stable and stopping to fix bugs where needed.

Mulitplayer will go on Citizen number, the higher your number the longer until multi rol lout for you! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Star Citizen has just passed $44,000,000 !
    http://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13888-Letter-From-The-Chairman-44-Million

This unlocks Stellar Cartography, or Map Room, in your hangar for all backers.
    "... a 3D holographic representation of the known universe. Your map room will start with a basic guide to the United Empire of Earth, and will expand into something that is unique to you as you explore uncharted worlds and discover new secrets."

The long-awaited Arena Commander (Dog Fight Module) should be rolled out within a week
    so we finally can get to play a bit of Star Citizen.
    http://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13891-Arena-Commander-Weekly-Report-May-19-23

More importantly, for the next milestone, are ye going to vote for a new outfit, engine tuning kit or space plant? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

€12k for the Complete Crafts package... so cheap! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I really like the stellar cartography idea,the game looks so good visually looking forward to seeing it in action.

Who wouldnt want a big 3d holographic space map in there hanger:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm still confused with this game - It's an MMO but it's not?

There's single player campaigning... then there's private servers, etc. ... o.O

So what's the point of paying them pledges when, say, you could be on a private server and just have everything ?

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I'm still confused with this game - It's an MMO but it's not?

There's single player campaigning... then there's private servers, etc. ... o.O

So what's the point of paying them pledges when, say, you could be on a private server and just have everything ?

Squadron 42 is the name of the specific single player portion of the game, but you don't have to play through it to get to the MMO element, or persistent universe as they call it.

You won't "just have everything" on a private server. But even if you could, you still have to pledge to get the game (or buy it when it's fully released).

Unsurprisingly, the DFM has been delayed beyond the supposed launch later today. They're "very close… just not close enough to launch tomorrow".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Is everybody sure that this isn't the greatest money scam in gaming history?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Gaunty wrote: »
    Is everybody sure that this isn't the greatest money scam in gaming history?
    No, it could be! :eek:

Give me your money instead. I will keep it safe for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Taylor365 wrote: »
    No, it could be! :eek:

Give me your money instead. I will keep it safe for you :D

I've PM'd my credit card details!

If you want to retain your sanity, stay well clear of their forum for the next few days. An all new level of nerd-rage has been reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

humanji wrote: »
    If you want to retain your sanity, stay well clear of their forum for the next few days. An all new level of nerd-rage has been reached.

I just can't understand this. You have people who handed over money for something that doesn't exist yet and then they get angry because it doesn't exist yet. If you're going to fund a project like this, surely you must be fully aware that it's going to involve a lot of waiting around?

I mean I backed it myself for €100, fully knowing that it may be a few years before I ever get my money's worth. That was really clear like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, it's kind of crazy. I can understand people being disappointed, especially when it was an 11th hour announcement. But people are going absolutely ballistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

never underestimate the hyperbolic levels of butt-hurt anonymous nerd collectives can achieve

I am really not surprised. CIG seem to pick random dates out of the air, ah well, we might have it by the end of the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

ARENA COMMANDER V.8 DAILY BUG UPDATE - MAY 30, 2014

There is a QA weekend and there'll be an update on Monday (more than likely our night time GMT)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Gutted I'm not going to get to play this until next weekend now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Wossack wrote: »
    never underestimate the hyperbolic levels of butt-hurt anonymous nerd collectives can achieve

Just think of all that collective pent up frustration and rage generated by thousands of virgins :D

Advertisement