Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

So jealous. Why am I getting crappy speeds?

I never had trouble with UPC and the initial client downloads when I was in Maynooth so not sure. My settings are all default in the launcher so maybe play around with the download options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I keep getting booted from AC today 'pure function call' some runtime error, really, really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so what exactly is playable right now?

so what exactly is playable right now?

Arena Commander (Dogfighting Module)
    - 6 Game Modes
    # Free-Flight
    # Vanduul Swarm (Horde Mode)
    # Squadron Battle (Squad DM)
    # Battle Royale (FFA DM)
    # Capture the Core (CTF)
    # Racing Simulator
    - 3 Maps
    # One is exclusively for racing.
    - 5 accessible ships (someone keep me honest here)
    # 300i (training ship)
    # 350r (dedicated racer)
    # (Hornet F7C Trainer)
    # M50 Mustang (pretty much a dedicated racer)
    # Aurora (think starter ship)

Right now you can do Vanduul Swarm and Free-Flight Solo, all other games modes are multiplayer and there are no private match games available yet.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah and the hangars where you can see and walk around any ships you currently own that are in engine.

Whats the story with friend codes? They in use yet?

Who wants to play a co-op?

• Advertisement

Whats the story with friend codes? They in use yet?

Who wants to play a co-op?

So there are no friend codes / private matches yet. They will be coming soon(tm). Next bug on the chopping block is leaderboards.

At the moment though every multiplayer match you actually get into after you are in the queue you'll see a code pop up (upper case) and anyone can enter that and join your game otherwise you'll queue and others will join.

R0ot wrote: »
    So there are no friend codes / private matches yet. They will be coming soon(tm). Next bug on the chopping block is leaderboards.

At the moment though every multiplayer match you actually get into after you are in the queue you'll see a code pop up (upper case) and anyone can enter that and join your game otherwise you'll queue and others will join.

When it arrives....

ROOT!!!! I challenge you sir, to a duel!!!

When it arrives....

ROOT!!!! I challenge you sir, to a duel!!!

You have my Xbox 360 controller (although with the new aiming system and no way to increase the sensitivity I'll probably get beat)

EDIT:
    Also Leaderboards are up and working now https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/arena-commander

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

On an aside, I didn't realise that this was a thing people were doing this sort of thing, but someone has recreated the Idris in Kerbal Space Program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I7I1dDmFqk

This was a god send for any Xbox controller users -

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3337179/#Comment_3337179

Edit: Leaderboards are up and running and it looks like Private Matches are available but I haven't tried them yet.

• Advertisement

I am having serious trouble piloting in the races, I can barely make it through the first gate!

I am having serious trouble piloting in the races, I can barely make it through the first gate!

What control system?

What control system?

Keyboard and mouse

Fine when using a hornet dogfighting, but a 300i and bam! explody

Might just need practice

Future Concept Sale

TLDR;
    - New ships available for sale for a week only once they are approved from final concept art by CR.
    - LTI cross chassis upgrades will be available for the new concept ships
    - Hangar flare with each purchase

So vote for the one that sounds the best for you!

So more turn ya upside down for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

So more turn ya upside down for money!

No, by buying this concept art or whatever you are helping to keep the game funded. They must be struggling with the mere ten trillion they've fleeced so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

NEXT UP we have for exclusive elite status sale this, eh, lamp, from my desk. It's a new, re-militarized variant of the GXD Lamp. Gain a brief sense of status and power by giving me money for this exclusive elite lamp. Spaceship, industry, strike team, lamp.

Zillah wrote: »
    NEXT UP we have for exclusive elite status sale this, eh, lamp, from my desk. It's a new, re-militarized variant of the GXD Lamp. Gain a brief sense of status and power by giving me money for this exclusive elite lamp. Spaceship, industry, strike team, lamp.

Bahahahahahhahahhahaahahahahhahaa

But that is so far fetched...there is not re-militarized variant....

just the luxury variant lamp or exploration lamp.

It's only more ships being added to the lineup of currently available ones. They've been listed in the ships section of the site for some time. They just weren't available to buy. They're hardly fleecing anyone.

concept ship now on sale.

The Aegis Reclaimed salvage ship

Although it is 350.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

€3.50 for one ship? Thats a bit steep. Wont you get bored of it and want more?

Yeah, lot of money.
    Sure some people spent over 1250 on the idris frigate. I have one, but that was from a raffle. Could not spend that much on a game

I thought it was funny that on the store page the $15,000 option is "sold out". Would they really turn down someone who was willing to give them that much?

I have to say though, reading over the blurb for the Reclaimer, it's exactly the type of ship that I'd love to go for to try and live out my Firefly dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Is this game oculus rift supported? I can't wait for the finished version of this or elite dangerous. A good space sim is exactly what my lack of social life needs. One where i'm not just looking at spreadsheets I mean.

Rory28 wrote: »
    Is this game oculus rift supported? I can't wait for the finished version of this or elite dangerous. A good space sim is exactly what my lack of social life needs. One where i'm not just looking at spreadsheets I mean.

It will be (some have been using it) and it's being designed with it and track IR in mind.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/17913/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

It will be (some have been using it) and it's being designed with it and track IR in mind.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/17913/

This does not bode well for my chances to improve my social life. Can't wait.

Well did anyone buy the jump890?

Or one of the cutlass variants.

The planetside looks good. Although still waiting for 2015 for that.

Didn't realise more stuff had been released. The planetside really does look great.

€475 for the jump890 though? Yikes! The new range of Cutlasses look great though. Nice to see that the ships are really spreading out into niche territories with the reclaimer, search and rescue cutlass and bounty hunter cutlass. Hopefully the gameplay for those types of ships is involved enough to warrant the price tag on the ships. I'd be tempted by the red cutlass, though it's €100 or so. Probably best to wait until I can afford it in game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

what's the deal with these ships that are being sold for crazy money? can you not get them in game when it launches or something?

Advertisement