Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

humanji wrote: »
    Well there's always the old fashion way of earning them in game. And by that I mean getting a competent group together and hijacking someone else's one. :D

The Drake Caterpillar also looks interesting. Not a whole lot of detail about it's capabilities, but they keep emphasising the modular aspects of it, which could make it an incredibly versatile ship.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14331-Raid-Commander-The-Drake-Caterpillar
    '-even the command pod detaches for a quick getaway.' Would'nt like to be a grunt stuck in the main section when that happens. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Noblong wrote: »
    Btw, anyone thinking of getting into the game can get a starter pack for only $20 Aurora MR - Anniversary Starter. Wont get cheaper access and they are nearly gone allready.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge

And they're.......gone. :) 5000 of those they sold in 90 minutes.

The first batch of 50 Javelins sold out in 30 seconds or something like that. $125000 in less than a minute is not a bad start to a sale.
    Noblong wrote: »
    '-even the command pod detaches for a quick getaway.' Would'nt like to be a grunt stuck in the main section when that happens. :pac:

Perfect for practical jokes, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

All this big ship stuff has me head in crew managment mode. If your going to be useing those ships in the persistant universe then that's going to need some amount of organistion to keep them staffed. People logging in and out you'd even need security checking for sabouters. Wonder if they are going to bring in clan specific id's or uniforms than can be robbed for those types of shenanigans. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Probably not, but it'd be pretty awesome if they did. I could imagine that in the likes of the Idris and other massive ships, there could be too many crew for people to realise. Unless they have all players having their name's above their heads, like in other MMO's.

They've got the Carrack up as a concept sale now: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14323-Into-The-Unknown-A-Carrack-Her-Crew

To be honest, it's really up my street. I had thought about aiming to earn the Constellation Aquila for exploration for a small group of mates to have fun about the stars. But the Carrack just sounds like it'd be more fun. $350 to buy now, so I'd say it's going to take a lot of scrimping and saving to buy in-game.

The ship page also has a fairly ****ty choose your own adventure game at the end. I wouldn't really waste my time on it, to be honest. It's not really interesting and involves a lot of pointless scrolling downwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Some idiot will attempt to fly the Jav on day one. I will steal it.

Did not buy one thing during the sale. Spent enough on this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Some idiot will attempt to fly the Jav on day one. I will steal it.

Did not buy one thing during the sale. Spent enough on this game.

Its almost worse than steam. Almost.

ED E wrote: »
    Its almost worse than steam. Almost.

Ah you to are ready to surrender your wallet for the Steam Winter sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Spent a lot of last weekend staring at the Avenger, going to wait a bit more and hope there's a good deal still going.

Anyone buy the Carrack, it looks like a great exploration vessel?

Multicrew ships will not be available to fly until AC 2.0

Also it seems multicrew ships will be soloable without NPC or player crew, but might be restricted in what they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smiley92a

The Hornet they're letting us fly this week handles a bit differently to the 300i, though it's been a while since I played. Having an embarrassingly hard time lining up shots even when I'm right behind them :$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Strongly considering ponying up for a Freelancer because it seems to hit a sweet spot between a Constellation and say, a cutlass.

You can also get two people inside it for company on those longer runs.

But yeah, this conversation's probably already been had at length, but what's really holding me back on spending money on this is that I'm really worried that once the game is fully released, it's just going to be a big ol' pay to win murder fest stacked against the penniless (I'm a student) folks like myself who just love a good space sim.

But at the same time, it just looks like it's going to be too bloody good to not play.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I trust CR to not make it pay to win. CR != EA ;)

We should team up and steal a javelin on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

We should team up and steal a javelin on day one.

What's the instant messenger of choice theses days for gaming? It used to be ICQ and msn messenger pre-eve. Lots seem to use skype but it's so flaky for me.

R0ot wrote: »
    What's the instant messenger of choice theses days for gaming? It used to be ICQ and msn messenger pre-eve. Lots seem to use skype but it's so flaky for me.

Teamspeak I think.

Teamspeak I think.

Not voice comms, like what Steam friends is at the moment except less crap. Trying to push the corp onto something other than skype.

Idris for sale right now

releasing in batches of 50

Live Stream also showing AC 1.0

Live Stream also showing AC 1.0

And now a friends list! I think we need to start up a boards in game name list :D

And now a friends list! I think we need to start up a boards in game name list :D

Defo

More Idris on sale soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

I'm hopefully building a new PC in Jan/Feb, so I'll finally be able to get more involved. Even the hangar played like a slideshow for me! So if there's going to be any kind of boards group/corp or whatever, I'd probably be in.

AC 1.0

goes live in 25 minutes

Add me: The_Valeyard

Started a new thread for in game handles - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93513243

Patch 1.0 is live.... downloading 20gb .

Yep

20 f*cking gigs, seriously....

time for a nap

But

Aurora will be on sale soon for only $20, may pick up one or two use as npc crew or christmas presents

Yep

20 f*cking gigs, seriously....

time for a nap

But

Aurora will be on sale soon for only $20, may pick up one or two use as npc crew or christmas presents

From what they are discussing on Twitch apparently from 1.0 onwards the patches should be a lot more download friendly.

From what they are discussing on Twitch apparently from 1.0 onwards the patches should be a lot more download friendly.

Hopefully,

did I hear there is a test galaxy map now in game?

Hopefully,

did I hear there is a test galaxy map now in game?

No.... that was a demo by the Turbulent team.

Interesting.

Will be looking forward to see what changes for 1.0

• Advertisement

Interesting.

Will be looking forward to see what changes for 1.0

Lobby
    In Game and Lobby Chat
    Mustang, Avenger, Super Hornet and Cutlass in AC
    Change to missile damage
    New Audio
    and probably loads of other stuff.

Edit:
    Oh gawd, tonnes of new weapons and missiles.

Advertisement