Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Had a freaky bug last night. I was messing about with the quantum drive and accidentally ended up in a planetary gravitational field. So as my engines exploded I hit the quantum drive to the home port, collided with the station at full speed, I ended up floating in deep space with my Connie 1978KM away and gaining speed. Was unable to catch up with it, even flying an m50 after

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm hoping to get some time with this on the weekend. What happens if your ship is destroyed and you're not on it? Do you reset, or do you have to exit and reload again?

humanji wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get some time with this on the weekend. What happens if your ship is destroyed and you're not on it? Do you reset, or do you have to exit and reload again?

You can commit suicide and respawn. Ship can then be spawned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

humanji wrote: »
    You can commit suicide and respawn. Ship can then be spawned again.

Or ask for assistance on chat (f12). Obviously only if you're near another facility, "i'm floating somewhere in space" ain't gonna cut it :)

I picked up someone in my 315P who'd gone EVA and lost his ship. Not much space in the back so he used the fold out bed before I jumped back to port Olisar to avoid glitching out of the ship. When I landed back at the pad there was no sign of him. It was only then I noticed on chat that the bed had folded back in with him in it. Activated it again and there he was, unharmed and ready to fly again.

Watching the live stream!

That procedural planetary landing!! Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Glebee wrote: »
    Downloaded 2.0 and messed about with it a bit last night. Its a stuttering mess on my PC and I have no probs running the likes of GTA5 and Witcher 3 and nearly full graphics.

All it does is stutter for me, getting worse the longer I play (or try to!).

I may for get about it for a few months and complete Fallout4 otherwise I';ll be ranting about it daily !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Ponster wrote: »
    All it does is stutter for me, getting worse the longer I play (or try to!).

I may for get about it for a few months and complete Fallout4 otherwise I';ll be ranting about it daily !

Maybe try this ?
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://redacted.tv/threads/custom-user-cfg-guide.41/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finally went out and bought a package for this today, as there is a deal on at the moment (under €30). Soon enough, they will be splitting the game into two costs (single and multiplayer), so get it now if you want it cheap.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Star-Citizen-Starter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kiith wrote: »
    Finally went out and bought a package for this today, as there is a deal on at the moment (under €30). Soon enough, they will be splitting the game into two costs (single and multiplayer), so get it now if you want it cheap.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Star-Citizen-Starter

eally starting to get hyped with the planets, before I was just looking forward to it and since I only spent a "normal" game price for it I wasn't that invested but everything I keep seeing is building the hype.

I know they've said that Squadron 42 will be split off at some point but when did they announce it was happening that soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dair76 wrote: »

Assuming this is an honest representation, colour me impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Zillah wrote: »
    Assuming this is an honest representation, colour me impressed.

They did the Space to Planet version in a cutlass live.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

R0ot wrote: »
    They did the Space to Planet version in a cutlass live.

Well holy God.

I'll be back in three years to see if they've got any gameplay in 1.0 when it releases :pac:

(on that note, what is the actual timeline on a full game being released?)

Wonder if more aerodynamic designs or those with prominent vtol features will fly different in atmosphere.

Vtol in space doesn't seem to change anything performance wise in games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Varik wrote: »
    I know they've said that Squadron 42 will be split off at some point but when did they announce it was happening that soon.

Not sure when they announced it, but the split will happen on Jan 31st apparently. Read it on Reddit earlier today.

I think I'm looking forward to Squadron 42 now more than the main game now, considering the delivery won't be community dependant and they've put so much into it from the looks of the few trailers and interviews with the VA.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Varik wrote: »
    I think I'm looking forward to Squadron 42 now more than the main game now, considering the delivery won't be community dependant and they've put so much into it from the looks of the few trailers and interviews with the VA.

Tbh, SQ42 has always been the bigger draw for me and the main reason I've backed the game. Personally prefer a good narrative driven game over the open-ended, be anyone/do anything aspect of an MMO.

Starlancer was the last space-sim to tick that box for me, and while it was extremely linear in gameplay terms it had the added bonus of allowing the campaign to be completed in co-op with friends as wing-men (oh so many years ago). It still comes up in conversation now with the expected "roll-eyes" from our other halves. SQ42 will have limited co-op options for some missions after it's release and given what's planned I understand why that has to be the case.

When I backed the project I suppose I'd hoped that SQ42 would be my introduction to the universe but it's delay (end 2016?), and the release of Alpha 2.0 (with 2.1 in PTU) has meant that's not the case. My concern is that the way content is being drip-fed I'll be game weary before there's a final product. Guess I may need to take a step back for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I logged in to 2.0 today and got my first real stable run today. Its buggy as hell but I had a pretty entertaining experience.
    Spawned my connie and after the initial oooohhs and aaaahhhs at its majesticness outside of the hangar. I hopped in through the lift and immediately fell through the floor and back onto the landing pad:rolleyes:
    Right so lets try this again. Up through the lift and this time straight into the captains chair no gawking about at the shiny stuff. Started her up and up we went banging all over the landing pad with grace. So after this I decided I would head out to another station, so off I went to another station. After I arrived I started getting shot at by somebody in an aurora who duly blew my connie to smithereens and left me floating about. So I says to myself its all part of the game and floated on down to the station for a wander round before topping myself to head back to the main area. I picked up some weapons along the way and promptly made lots of noise with them. Then low and behold I see the aurora that blew up my connie landing and the guy hopping out to head into the station. So I hop off the top of the station and float down to this guys aurora and promptly hijack it. I take off just as he is running back out to see his nice shiny aurora blasting off and leaving him stranded. The best bit was then seeing him type in chat " Hey thats my ship".

I thoroughly enjoyed this and the fact that its just the starting alpha if they can keep up what they are doing it will be an amazing game:D

Got the below in an email,
    we've opened up 2.1.0 on the Public Test Universe (PTU) to all players!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye cant wait to spend my crimbo in the sinse verse
    shame 42 is late though :(

• Advertisement

We should all arrange a time to log on over the holidays and board a Connie, do a few missions.

I have a connie ye can play with. It is buggy as f*** though. Hit me up if ye wanna take it for a spin.

I have a connie ye can play with. It is buggy as f*** though. Hit me up if ye wanna take it for a spin.

I was a bit of a dick yday. Deliberately crashed my connie into a tali just to see the explosion effects.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

dan_ep82 wrote: »

Thanks. I gave it a try but it didn't seem to make much difference. After a few seconds into Basic Training I'm getting 100% GPU and 100% CPU. The game stops dead every 5 seconds or so for a couple of seconds.

GTX 680
    i53570 (overclocked to 4.0 Ghz)

Both will be due an upgrade in 2016 but the issue seems to be something else as I don't have low framerate but rather stuttering.

edit : A link I found of someone with the same issue.

They need to fix the acceleration on some of the ships. The mustang gamma went from 0 to a crazy speed in seconds and would not slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Anyone know if the Misc Reliants are gonna be available again?

I've been holding off on backing and think it might be the one for me (what I think is an awesome ship for a decent price (or at least it was when it did its first concept run)).

Keggers2 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Misc Reliants are gonna be available again?

I've been holding off on backing and think it might be the one for me (what I think is an awesome ship for a decent price (or at least it was when it did its first concept run)).

I guarantee every ship will be sold again at some point. There making too much money not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Keggers2

Very good point, in this case I'm happy to throw my money at Chris Roberts

Keggers2 wrote: »
    Very good point, in this case I'm happy to throw my money at Chris Roberts

Chris likes this. He had made over 100million doing that.

• Advertisement

Gonna give 2.1 a whirl tonight to see how it is.

Advertisement